University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

Though the University of Wisconsin-Madison prides itself on embracing diversity, it has become increasingly clear that only liberal attitudes are seen as acceptable. Conservative views are rarely spoken, and when they are, those people are highly judged and their views face much opposition and scrutiny. Unless you are able to continuously defend your position against the many people who will disagree with your right-wing thoughts and opinions, it might be wise to attend a different university. A strong personality is needed to fight and advocate for your academic successes in general, among more than 40,000 other students.

Someone who gets overwhelmed with numbers and wants especially small classes. If you are committed to having conversations one-on-one with your professors and teaching assistants, it's easy to do because they are committed to teaching you all you want to know. It is just as easy, however to feel lost in a crowd especially when taking general education requirements where the students number in the hundreds. A student at UW-Madison should have a good head on their shoulders when it comes to standing up for themselves and seeking the attention they want or need.

In order to attend the University of WIsconsin-Madison, a strong work ethic and desire to succeed are crucial. With this in mind, I would not recommend this school to one who is unmovtivated or who is dependent on others to achieve their goals. and dreams. This school gives you many resources to help you in becoming a successful student, however it is entirely up to the student to seek out and use these valuable assets and use them effectively. If you are not willing to put some work into enhancing your education, this isn't the school for you.

The University of Wisconsin-Madison has a very outgoing and goal oriented personality. A person who is going to college soley to have fun should not attend this college...you will not make it. You have to be very motivated to teach your self a lot of the material needed and know how to manage time wisely and responsibly. If you need help you need to ask for it. You need to pursue help and any other academic or personal aspects you want from this university. The faculty here feels you are an adult and treats you as such.

If your into very small class sizes and lots of one on one attention from Professors then you definatly wont suceed here unless you can adjust to different teaching environments. If you dont have a good work ethic and a strong focus it will also be very difficult to succeed. Also someone who is very shy and doesnt allow themselves to open up and make friends can often feel very lost in a school this large. It is very important to broaden your social horizens when attending a large university such as UW Madison.

I don't see why any student wouldn't or shouldn't attend UW-Madison. It is a rather spaced out campus with many different people, but there are also opportunities to creat a close knit family or friends on campus. This could mean attending hall get-togethers, or becoming involved in one of the many student organizations on campus. There is even a Quiddich Team on campus! Anyone and everyone can be integrated into this wonderful school of fantastic opportunities to broaden your education and life experiences!

Madison students are out going, diverse, and spirited. Students who are very conservative, who are not open minded, or do not like/appreciate diversity should not come to Madison. Students who have no interest in extra curricular activities, meeting new students, or participating in social events, also would probably not enjoy going to Madison. This school is academically challenging, students who do not take there education seriously and don't have career goals should not go here.

I don't think there is a type of person that shouldn't attend this school. The campus is so variable that any type of person would be able to fit in; there are are regions within the campus that accommodate all different kinds of people with all different sorts of personalities and interests. The selection of courses is so vast that anybody, even people who enter the university with no idea what they want to do with their lives, will be able to find something interesting to pursue.

If you are not motivated to do well, you shouldn't attend UW-Madison. Students who attend this university have a drive to do something great in their lives and strive for excellence. Also, if you don't like big schools, or exercise, you shouldn't come either. We have around 40,000 people on this campus and we're probably the most fit campus around because we have a lot of hills. And parking is hard to find and expensive, so don't bring a car your first year, or at all really.

Anyone who's looking for a school where all the students are 'exactly like me' would be better off elsewhere. UW-Madison is nothing if not diverse. Among the 40,000+ Badgers you'll find Bahranian exchange students, small-town Midwesterners, wordly New Yorkers, sports fans, music heads, tech geeks, artists, activists and more. There is no one 'type' of student, and those who seek an easily defined, comfortably familiar atmosphere shouldn't attend the University of Wisconsin.