University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

While the professors are very knowledgable and there are a wide variety of classes offered, it is difficult to feel engaged in a class of 300 students. It is also hard to receive individual attention from counselors, professors, and other staff when the student body is so large. In order to get extra help, you really have to search for assistance and be flexible.

A lot of people would probably answer this queston in the same way that I do: the tuition. I know that $20,000 a year isn't as bad as it could be, but coming from a single-income family of 8 makes paying even that difficult. I think that the cost of room and board is the most expensive and should be lowered to encourage more students to attend college.

Expectations are high and everyone is smart! I have always studied hard and performed at the top of my class. It was different for me to come to school and have to work my butt off for a "C"! While I say this is a frustation, it is also the reason I chose this university. I am earning a valuable degree and learning so much about life in the process.

There are so many opportunities and things to do that you sometimes do not realize the opportunities that you really want to take until it is too late and you are already nearly finished with your collegiate career. Sometimes there is a heavy emphasis on drinking and it becomes difficult to find people who are interested in doing something else.

The most frustrating thing I have encountered are the buildings and room numbers. Buildings can have multiple basements, main floors first floor mezzanine floors. One time my class was on the "second floor" and I had to walk up 3 flights of stairs. Because Madison doesn't believe in elevators, the whole mix-up of floors is frustrating.

I get frustrated with the large size of the campus sometimes. I know people at other schools that have only a five minute walk to class. I, on the other hand, have to leave 20 minutes before class in order to get there on time. Knowing I have such a long, cold walk ahead of me doesn't help me get out of bed in the morning.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the contradictory behavior of most of the students, who focus heavily on getting excellent grades and are preparing for great careers, but at the same time there is a huge focus on binge drinking and partying, which for some people is very harmful for their grades and careers.

The most frustrating thing about UW-Madison was having to leave once I graduated. The atmosphere at UW-Madison is full of school-spirit and acceptance. There is also never a lack of things to do on campus between volunteering, shopping, going out to eat, hanging out with friends, and going to concerts among other things.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of money I have to pay. I am an out-of-state student and I pay 3 times as much money as an in-state student. It frustrates me that I have to pay more money to attend a world-renown university but pay more money simply because I live out of state.

I'm currently an engineering major so I'm taking class in th Engineering buildings. Also, I'm a freshmen so I still live in the dorms. I live in the dorm thats the are the far east side of campus and the engineering buildings are on the far west side, so it is almost a mile walk to get down there.