University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

You don't get much personal attention academically at UW-Madison. Even TA's have a lot of students to be aware of, so it takes a lot of effort to get one-on-one attention. You usually have to join a study group for this. And sometimes your questions go unanswered.

It is not very personable, which I'm assuming has a lot to do with the size. Before this school, I attended two that had about 7-8000 students; this one was much larger and it seemed to come across much more readily that students were more often "just numbers."

The most frustrating thing about my school is the size. It is very large and it is easy to get mixed in with a large lecture. The large size can be frustrating but at the same time without its large size a lot of the opportunities available wouldn't exist.

The competition in classes is difficult. You go from being the top of your school, to having to work very hard to achieve a lower standard of success. It is not impossible to do well in school, but natural talent is often necessary in order to succeed.

The most frustrating thing about UW Madison is that minorities are given special treatment. Other students that are not a minority have the same academic standings or better than some and do not recieve the same benefits that the minorities recieve.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that the minoritiy community is so small, and there is not enough diversity. It seems as though everyone knows everyone, and that's what makes the university much smaller and it can be annoying.

The most frustrating thing about University of Wisconsin Madison is that with all the opportunities it is difficult to find time to participate in all the activities and academic responsibilities that one would with to participate in.

The class material is extremely challenging especially for students like me who come from inner-city public schools. The material is far more advanced then I feel I was prepared for attending a public (non-college prep) high school.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that being a conservative in one of the most liberal universities is unacceptable to a people who believe in an acceptance of all people, when that is not the case here on campus.

Some professors tend to forget that we're not taking only their class and they give us quite a large workload. Sometimes it's hard to put in 100% effort into everything they give us. There are only so many hours in the day.