University of Wisconsin-Madison

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Madison

Madison has something for everyone. If you are focused on academics or looking for internship opportunities, Madison has the courses, professors, and resources. While the school aspect is fantastic, this university provides its students with what seems like infinte options to satisfy anyone's interests, ranging from cultural activites to sports to volunteering. Because Madison is such a large university and offers so many different choices to its students, anyone attending here will feel welcome and ready to fully discover and develop their personal interests and goals. That's what makes the University of Wisconsin-Madison so amazing!

So far, I love everything about the University of Wisconsin. I have the opportunity to take exciting, challenging, and stimulating classes with world renowned professors and faculty. I have the opportunity to live with a very diverse and innovative group of people. I have the opportunity to explore different career choices with guidance from fantastic advisors and teachers. I have the opportunity to take classes in a broad spectrum of areas that interest me. Most importantly, UW Madison allows me to express my individuality through the choices I am able to make. This is what makes UW Madison so special.

I believe that the best thing about our school is the amount of extra-curricular activities available to students. There are more than six hundred registered student organizations at UW-Madison, and many more unregistered student organizations. These clubs provide multiple opportunities for students to meet new people who share their interests and passions, as well as develop crucial leadership and organizational skills. These organizations also coordinate concerts, free films, and other events that provide multiple opportunities for students to get together and have fun without drinking.

The University of Wisconsin - Madison is the epitome of a work hard, play hard environment. During the week everyone hits the books and libraries. The rigorous academic environment will set you up to succeed in any career path. Professors and assistants work together to teach and mold students into well-rounded, confident, and rational individuals. On the other hand, Madison has an endless supply of activities, organizations, groups, and events. The people who live here are culturally accepting and genuinely keen on sharing. If you can dream it, you can find it in Madison.

Although it is a very large university, it offers many majors and opportunities for all of its students. The professors are well trained in their field and, provide easy-to-follow lectures while still giving challenging exams and homework assignments through out the semester. The facilities offered are up to date, well kept, and in a decent quantity considering the amount of students. When it comes to sporting events, everyone unites as a school and team and yells, "On Wisconsin!". i feel we are all proud to be a part of our school, and the alumni feel the same way.

I consider our engineering program the best thing about my school. As an engineer, I obviously spend all of my time in our program. Our Engineering Career Services office is extremely helpful. They host many job-related events and excellent career fairs. Also, our undergraduate advisor is extremely helpful. Our coursework packets for our major are extremely detailed and let us know what classes we have to take and when. We also have excellent computer labs and academic libraries and buildings for our use. I honestly cannot say one bad thing about our engineering program.

The best thing about the University of Wisconsin-Madison is that there is always something to do. There are hundreds of student organizations, intramural leagues for all sports and skill levels, study groups and places to hang out with friends. Also, during football, basketball and hockey season, it is usely easy to find tickets and extremely fun to go to games with friends. The student crowd really gets in to the game and the Badgers are one of the top ranked teams in almost every sport. The amount of school pride students have for the Badgers is incomparable.

The nearly tangible school pride that exists on the UW-Madison campus, and across the Wisconsin alumni community is the greatest asset the university possesses. This comradery unites current undergraduates, graduate students, faculty, and alumni. The Wisconsin spirit unites and strengthens badgers from all walks of life, regardless of various social and academic associations. Simply being a UW-Madison student affords me the opportunity to relate to accomplished professionals in a wide range of fields, simply based on the fact we are both badgers for life.

The best thing about my school is the diversity of the student body. On my dorm floor alone are students from as far away as China and Australia, and as close as my own Wisconsin home town. There are students who excel in technology, the arts, science and engineering, as well as a group of entrepreneurial types, of which I am one. Our floor is part of a new Entrepreneurial Learning Center, which is an incubator for new ideas. During our weekly dinner meetings, the energy is so high that we all truly believe that we can aspire to anytihing!!

The best things about the University of Wisconsin-Madison is the student organizations. There are a variety of student organizations and clubs on campus. Some organizations are social while others are academic. Each organization and club has its own specific purpose. Each Fall, there is a student organization fair in which all of the organizations on campus participate to recruit new members. Being a member of a student organization is a great way to improve your social skills, network with other students, and stay connected to the campus overall.