University of Wisconsin-Madison Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Wisconsin-Madison

Kathryn

I love the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Although it is a very large school, I found many opportunities to make it feel smaller and to make friends. Life in the dorm contributed a large amount to making it feel like home, as well as joining a sorority. My favorite part about this school is that everybody has a "work hard, play hard mindset". When we need to get down and study for hours on end, we do it. When we need to find a release and let go, we do it. We are all in it together, always making the most of it.

Emelyn

"Work Hard, Play Hard" is the unofficial school motto. Study all day. Party all night. And don't you forget to buy your season tickets! You best pre-game, son! Badgers fans don't chant "EAT SHIT" ... "FUCK YOU" while sober. Now don't discount the school's academics. That kid you see madly scribbling notes in the first row of your Calc 2 Lecture is the one who's partying the hardest! But if you're not into the party scene don't fret. It's easy to avoid. There is a myriad of interest groups. There will undoubtedly be one that appeals you. There's something for everyone at UW-Madison. It's just seems that a lot of Wisconsinites really like to drink.

Lottie

Global is all uw Madison cares about. Can’t tell you how many times I heard or read it. Now I am living it by being rejected. My highschool counselor even alluded to the fact a female white applicant with under a 30 ACT need not apply. Shameful how broken our college system is. Even my rejection letter was signed by a foreign national....can’make this stuff up:(

Noel

I love madison! I love the community and all the great opportunities we are given. But the only thing I dislike is how large the class size is and the fact that you really have to look for academic help. Since the university has so many students, there is not a good system of academic advising. If you want to learn more about research and future job avenues, you really need to inform yourself.

Madison amazes even the most pessimistic college students. With one of the widest varieties of academic opportunities, competitive, club, and intermural sports, student organizations, Greek life, and college living available, Madison truly has something for everyone. The Madison campus offers beautiful and relaxing scenery while still thriving with that large-city buzz. Convenient study crooks and cute coffee shops are around every corner, so finding a place to hunker down and prepare for exams is a breeze. With a combination of anything anyone could ask for in a college, Madison somehow combines all aspects of a city and country-side mixed with one of the nation's highest acclaimed colleges. The University of Wisconsin - Madison truly brings home the Cheese.

Shivani

This school is the epitome of work hard, play hard. They have a great focus on academics and there are many extracurriculars to choose from. The community is safe, given it is a bustling city. There is also a fantastic transportation system and the teachers are always accessible. The school is very organized and efficient. However, I wish there were more diversity and there is a lack of tolerance within the student body. Maybe more programs would help with that. Overall, it is a really great school with fantastic opportunities for research, academics, and making life-long friends.

Randon

It is a pretty good school. I went there for one class and I didn't enjoy it all that much. The professor only did long lectures and the assistant teachers were the real teachers, and they did not do a good job of teaching. However, I believe if I went for a whole semester's worth of classes I would have done well.

Tyler

Great school, however it is a little big. But, as a graduate student, the class sizes are perfect and everything is really close to where most grad students live. Plus rent is very cheap compared to other grad school locations. The entire city is like a slightly miniaturized version of a large city, so everything is very walkable.

Lili

UW-Madison really is a fantastic school. As a resident of Wisconsin, no other university made more sense, as Madison has a stellar value for the quality of the academics, the student culture, and the wide range of opportunities available to every student. The campus itself has beautiful lakeshore scenery as well as the busy State St. area that never gets boring. Plus, off-campus restaurants and stores are just a short (free) bus ride away. All of the classes I have taken so far have been engaging and challenging and the professors and TA's have been fair, available for assistance, and genuinely excited about their fields. My experience in the dorms as a freshman was amazing, as I got lucky with a great random roommate. I made a bunch of friends in my dorm as well, which really helped ease my transition into college. Overall, UW Madison is a great school that even exceeded my expectations coming in as a first-year student. I'm so glad that I made the choice I did.

Amber

I think that this University is a great school academically. We're internationally ranked and not matter your major you know that you'll be getting a stellar education. And with so many students you're bound to experience people from all over the world with different cultures and traditions, creating bonds that'll last a lifetime. There's also so many student organizations on campus that everyone's needs and interests are catered too. Madison also really cares about the mental well-being of their students providing very healthy coping methods and free therapy. I love being a Badger!

Raymundo

The University of Wisconsin- Madison is a great university filled with many opportunities. Being a biology major, I have met many STEM professors and I would have to say that they have all been stellar. They have always been helpful, approachable, and very good at explaining their fields.

Sofia

There is something for everyone. The only things I disliked was a lack of connection to the off-campus community, and the lack of student to professor contact that can occur with large class sizes. Often times, it felt as though professors were not always there for students, which resulted in poor outcomes for some students. Overall good experience, good college for undergrads.

Rachael

UW-Madison is a great place to learn, make friends, and have fun. While some introductory classes may be large, there are plenty of resources both inside and outside of the classroom to help students. There's also no shortage of social life, and there's something or everyone.

Kaylee

I loved my time at the UW! The students at Wisconsin are humble, but brilliant, fun, but hardworking. Academics strike the perfect balance of challenge and fun. Professors are brilliant and really focused on the success of their students. Lastly, the city of Madison is an excellent place to come of age. It's full of amazing restaurants, cool things to do, and beautiful places - it is situated between two lakes, after all!