University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Top Questions

My classmates at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee are friendly, outgoing, helpful, willing to work hard to achieve academic and personal goals while balancing a well-round social life and community involvement.

long

Exotic animals surviving within the scorching Safari dessert.

Allyssa

The type of classmates I was surrounded with this past school year can only be described as a potluck. By this I mean there was a gargantuan variety of people. People who work hard, or not at all. People who party, and people who were more clean cut. People who came from wealthy families, and people who came from none at all. It was like a giant mixing pot, and I'm greatful. One of the things I learned during orientation was "If you end up hanging out with people just like you, we failed as a Univeristy." Branch out.

Eliza

They all keep to themselves or their group of friends. People seem to make friends when they live down there and go to parties which I don't do I don't realy make friends there.

Jenell

Most of them are much younger than me, they are mostly students that have recently graduated from high school, maybe two years or less. I really love being with them. When they find out that I am employeed full-time, attend school part-time and a grandmother of thirteen they encourage me to strive to be and do the best I can. I'm an example that it is never too late to reach a goal you have set, even if life knocks you, you can get back up and achieve your degree

Tess

I just transferred to UW - Milwaukee, and spent the 2012/2013 school year at UW - Whitewater. I haven't actually been on campus yet, but the people I have meet online (my roommates and other students in my Major) have been extremely friendly and helpful in transitioning me to this new campus. I know that when I move in, I will already have friends waiting to show me the ropes.

I think that UWM had some great culutre in its student population.

Ariel

Mostly white, outgoing, driven and laid back.

Ashraf

There is a variety of students ranging from those who work really hard and those who try to have as much fun as possible, the hard-workers are more in this school though as they tend to plan ahead and work on their futures.

justin

Many students are unmotivated by coursework or lectures as many professors seem to be going through the motions.

TavaJo

My classmates are fun, interesting, harding working, and determined.

Aisha

I have felt very isolated as a student here at UWM. It seems to me that most students are interested in partying. I have built a small friend base from the students who are also in the Living Learning Community that I am a member of.

Halie

I am an art student, but never grew up in the art 'scene'. I was into sports and videogames so when i met the otehr art students, I felt as if i didnt fit in becuase they were the atypical art people. Dessed weird, were very liberal and conceptual, druggies, but still generally pretty nice people. Whenever I had classes with other UWM students, I always felt out of place because they were always talking about drinking and partying, which I dont do. They all seemed to be superficial friends.

My classmates are extremely helpful, thoughtful individuals that tend to think analytically and go against social norms to do the right thing.

Shawna

The classmates that I have had are in all different kinds of age groups but are all there for reason, even though that they may not be around my age they are still very nice people and are willing to help you out if you have a question.

UWM is a fantastic university filled with a wide spectrum of students; everyone is helpful, honest, spunky and full of life.

My classmates are fun, outgoing, different and culturally diverse.

Kiarra

They seem to be very cooperative, but yet a lot rude when it comes down to other students asking and answering questions.

Adrianna

Most of my classmates are quiet, and if they arent quiet very open minded and opiniated. Alot of my classmates just keep to themselves basically unless run into someway that could be a potential friend to them.

Anton

My classmates are often learning-focused, who know how to balance studying and having a social life.

My classmates in my music studio are all generally hard working and interested in keeping others motivated to their goals.

Phong

I do not see my classmates personally but online interaction only, and I would describe them to be helpful because participation is required for my online courses.

Carly

Much younger than me, as I am an adult returning student just graduated from law school and with the goal of going to medical school.

Jose

My classmates are wonderful people with great heart and spirits that are committed to their work and always aim for the best no matter the difficulty.

Overall, my classmates are very friendly and dedicated to school, and are always willing to help someone out who is having trouble with something.

erik

my classmates are very nice and helpful people

Diverse and driven.

Extremely hard working.

My classmates are people I can relate to that are looking to find their way in life.

It is hard to describe all of my classmates as a whole, as there is such variety within the student population--however I would say that most students at UWM are kind, studious, fun, and involved in and out of the classroom.

They were diverse to say the least

Marilyn

Very friendly and hard working.

Diversity.

Naria

Closed minded!

Most of my classmates are all really helpful and willing to lend a hand to others. It is always nice to be able to get together with other classmates and discuss the material we went over during the previous class. It is a big advantage to be able to study for exams with students from the same class. It always is helpful to discuss the topics with others.

Kali

In most of my major oriented classes my classmates seem well prepared and very enthusiastic about their education as well as getting out into the job field.

carrie

Unique to themselves and motivated in their fields.

Classmates here are extremely open and willing to help others as well as caring, empathetic, hardworking, and inciteful not just with other classmates but professors and teacher assistants too.

Sandra

My classmates are courteous, friendly, respectable individuals who want to learn and are focused on achieving their goals.

Marquisha

I would say diverse, nice, very helpful and very focused when it comes to school.

My classmates were similar to me in age, ethnic background, and typical college kids.

Sheila

Most of my classmates interact with me and ask me questions related to the material.

They're all diverse and crazy.

qasdfffffffffffffff asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asd fasdf asd fasdf asdf asd fasdf asdf asdf asd fasdf asdf asdfa as f fffffff asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asd fasdf asd fasdf asdf asd fasdf asdf asdf asd fasdf asdf asdfa as f fffffff asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asd fasdf asd fasdf asdf asd fasdf asdf asdf asd fasdf asdf asdfa as f fffffffqasdfffffffffffffff adff asdf asdf asdf asd asd fasd asd asd fasdf asd fasdf asdf asd fasdf asd fasdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf asdf

Marilyn

They are hard working, focused, kind and dedicated.

C

They're mostly studious when they need to be, but they definitely have a wild side.

Viviana

My classmates are open and love to have a good time, they make going to class fun.