University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Top Questions

Noour

I love this Univeristy, there is so much to do. It is in the heart of the east side, and you meet so many different people.

I brag about the Honors College here because the professors known how to teach and do it very well!

Renee

When I tell my friends about this school, the first thing I have to say is that the campus life is very alive and rich. Having a University in such a large city like Milwaukee allows our study body to be very diverse and so many organizations on campus have come from this.

Micah

The great bar scene and the vast amount of students that go there are my main bragging points. We also have a very nice work out center but it is too small.

I brag about the location and the quality of the science program that I am happy to be a part of. UWM has a large faculty with all sorts of speciaties and research interests. There are many opportunities to be part of ground breaking research.

The arts programs through The Peck School of the Arts, campus and surrounding areas such as the beach and biking trails, and the number of social activities available on and off campus.

Tyesha

To be honest the library, it has a vast selection of genres, great places to study, and I know that if there is anything I need as far as expanding beyond the scope of my text books I can find it there.

What I brag about most to my friends is my professors. I feel that they really want me and my class mates to learn, and not just learn but succeed. They are all willing to go the extra mile to help you earn that grade that you want to earn. They make class fun and interesting and teach the material well. My advisor has also helped me out a great deal, I know I wouldn?t be as confident in what I?m doing now if it weren?t for her and the rest of the staff at my school.

Rebeca

My school has a good library and lots of space to study in it. The professors are excellent and they keep me interested in the subject. I learned alot in the labs I took, because the teachers let us do hands-on work and ask alot of questions.

The people are nice, there's a great gym and rec area, and that you can go to the beach or hiking in good weather. There's a lot to do if you live in the Milwaukee or surrounding areas.

I brag about the size of campus and how that helps your social life. The campus is compact with a lot of students so you meet new people everyday and it is very easy to interact with others. I have created many friendships here that I will have forever and that is something I don't hear from friends about other universities.

I brag about the the perfect size of our campus and how little time it takes to walk from one class to the next. I also brag about UW-Milwaukee being close to Lake Michigan, because there are a lot of fun activites to do there.

Ethan

I brag about the size and quality of Milwaukee. It is a very nice urban school set in the upper east side of Milwaukee which also gives a semi surburbia feel.

Stefanie

I love to tell my friends about Campus Crusades for Christ, or Cru, as we call it. My friends in Cru are my most supportive and loving friends. They help me learn more about God, the one thing that truly matters. The group has many Bible studies that teach me about salvation and God's grace and love. Without this group, I would never be as close to God as I am now. He is the one thing that keeps everyone going through life. He helps everyone succeed. He helps me through school and life.

See

Normally, I would start out by saying that I feel safe and that it's a very good college to attend.

Zacchary

The classses are relatively small even though the campus population is fairly large. There are a ton of activities and clubs to get involved in as well other sporting venues for all levels of ability. Dollar for dollar UWM is a affordable for most students and the finanical aid is available to those who need it. There are alot of students from all backgrounds which really lends its self to making new friends with those that you may never been in contact with before.

Kati

Campus condensed to 3 big city blocks, great select programs like architecture, theatre and occupational therapy, great city

That we can out drink your school hands down.

the close proximity to the city...most of my friends go to school in the boondocks.

not alot. I like most of my classes but I am not really the type to brag.

I brag the most about the cultural diversity on campus and acceptance of others from different backgrounds on campus too. We have centers like the LGBT (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender) Center and the Women's Resource Center on campus. Both of these centers are just examples of resources we have on campus to pertain to our specific needs. UWM is also seen as a 'Deaf friendly' school. ASL is a common language on campus, and interpreters are easily accessible. So, we have plenty of different ethnicities on campus between professors, staff and students.

Sometimes that I'm doing a double major with Sociology and Biochemistry, but I don't usually brag about anything else.

great library and gym, a few of the upper level biology and chemistry courses are really interestingand are taught by good professors

julian

My teachers

How easy the GER classes are. How little I have to do to get an A in the GER classes. That I get to go to school where our orchestra conductor from Milwaukee Youth Symphony Orchestra teaches.

I have so many stories to share with my friends since going to this school, and all of them are good stories! I brag about the fact that I have met so many new people and it is such a wonderful opportunity.

Samuel

How we have a very big variety of classes and the size of the campuse, for how many students there are.

I feel like I really mesh with the campus and surrounding city, the beach is near us with the lake, the city is near, and yet it has a very comfortable residential feel. The professors and students are all extremly diverse and kind. Overall the atmosphere is very welcoming to all.

I brag most about the great friends I've made and the projects I get to work on in my art classes.

Nothing

Good on resume

That we have a nice gym and it is easy to get a job on campus.

I tell my friends about the amazing social scene on campus. I'm in a sorority and there are always things for me to do on and off campus.

Convenience of scheduling classes, small class sizes, high quality of teachers.

I brag to my friends about UWM because of the wide variety of classes you are able to take for electives.

How much beer there is

How nice the city is and how much there is to do here.

How fun all the different student orgs are, but there is always room for strong leaderships for campus involvement to increase if someone was looking for it. This reasoning was a driving factor for me.

Amileah

How much I'm progressing through the program and the cool work we get to do with the community

Tory

I brag about all the fun things there are to do off-campus. There are a lot of parks, bars, coffee shops, and museums to visit in Milwaukee. You can always be active and have a social life while going to school. I go to school where there are a lot of jobs in the city so I also can brag that I have and can meet a lot of people from my field.

Dena

All the activites on and off campus that are easily accessible. Abundancy of people to meet and spend time with.

Heidi

The classes are very informative and actually pretty fun, yet I never really feel overloaded with a ton of work or way too stressed out. People at Madison say that they are always overloaded with work, yet I feel like I am learning just as much as them without the extra stress.

I brag about our facilities at UW-Milwaukee the most. I also brag about certain proffessors and our computer labs. Our women's soccer team is also worth bragging about.

M.

How pretty campus and the surrounding area is.

Sheila

I tell my friends that I am able to take seven semesters of Chinese at my school.

We have alot of diversity on campus.

Because my school is in Milwaukee, and not just some random college town, there are so many things to do beyond the university. Milwaukee has a lot of great places to visit, and a lot of history. Also, because we're the biggest city in Wisconsin, people (bands, candidates, comedians) on tour will most likely make a stop here if they stop in Wisconsin at all.

Abby

I love the location, and the atmosphere of the surrounding area. We are in a large city, that offers an endless array of things to do. But, when you are on campus, it has a more rural, neighborhood feel.

Ger

I brag about the how many racial group there is.

nothing