Oshkosh, WI
University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

I think my school is unique because we try to represent a diverse group of people. We have a great LGBTQ center and Women's Center on campus. We have clubs and organizations for just about everything. Our staff also really seems to be genuinely interested in our student population, always wanting them to succeed and help them with anything they need.

I wish I would have known to take advantage of more volunteer oportunities and clubs at my school. I also wish I would have known to pick an earlier registration date so I could get into all of the classes I needed before they were full so that I would not be behind of the four year plan.

Try not to decide what you want to do with your life right away. It is too hard for anyone to know coming out of Highschool who they want to be, and what they want to do for the rest of their life. Enjoy and pay attention in your general ed classes; in the long run your gpa reflect the work you put in, in the early years. Work hard, but don't forget to make new friends, and have some fun!

Someone who is an introvert. Oshkosh has a lot of great oppertunities for people to make new friends and get together. If you want a huge campus that takes 20 minutes to get to one building to the next you don't want UWO. Oshkosh is a smaller tight knit campus, where everything is within walking distance.

A very out going, hardworking person. Oshkosh has its perks with the people and campus and a very good ambience. Someone who works hard and wants to be challanged in their course work.

My classmates all seem to be very determined.

My classmates all seem to be very determined.

Although the school I attend can be known for the drinking and parties that take place; a person should not attend this university based on those reasons alone. This school has many competitive programs that award those who have a great sense in time management and commitment, but this university really does offer a variety of opportunites for any type of person. For anyone attending to college, it is important to find time to have fun and relax, but also important to not attend college thinking that fun and parties is all it will be.

The transition from high school to college was one of the biggest reality checks I had ever encountered. During high school, I most looked forward to seeing my friends, and driving to the nearest McDonalds for my lunch breaks. I was able to doodle in class, pass notes and giggle with my girlfriends; all while still passing classes with flying colors. College was the wake-up call that told me these luxuries could no longer happen. If I could go back and give myself some advice for my college career, I would start out by saying, "Don't worry so much about not making friends; these next few years will offer so much more. Unfortunately, you WILL need to learn how to cook for yourself now, and if you think you can finish all your homework during class... forget it. Also, you may want to study two days before an exam instead of two hours. Your academic world will seem to flip on you. You may have your moments of wanting to call Mom every day your first two weeks, but remember to push through and enjoy the little things. The fun and sleep you sacrifice will pay off."

Ntxawm

I would consider the worst thing about my school is the crimes. This year within the first two months of school we had four robbings, and two batteries. The worst thing about my campus in my consideration is the crime within the first semester.

My advice to myself would be don't be afraid to go to the same college as all of your siblings. It's okay to go and house with them because then they can help you with any financial needs. Also if you're not sure of any scholarships for the college go to their website and type in scholarships. They provide you with their campus scholarships. You'll want to also plan early because you won't get a lot of money for college. You're going to want to work hard and focus on writing for scholarships. Don't fret about going to the same college as your family, and apply for scholarships, they will become very helpful to you if you want to go full time.

In my opinion anyone should attend this school. It's a great and welcoming place. It's a great place to get started because they have the USP program that helps you to get to know your classmates. The staff is dedicated to helping you succeed in your college carrer. So if you're the type of person who needs motivation, they're there. If you want to go to college UW Oshkosh is a great place to go to.

UW Oshkosh is well known for preparing its students for their career after college. By providing hands-on experience, group projects, job shadowing opportunities, and internship opportunities they are setting us up for future success. Technology that students use is up-to-date so that they know exactly what they will be using and how to use it in their related field of study. The school also provides many resources for students to be academically successful.

I would tell myself to not be afraid to follow my gut instinct. I was terrified of making wrong choices in transitioning to college and in my academics because I knew that it would impact my future. Looking back, every big and small decision I've made in college so far has been in the best interest of my education and professional career. We all have to make sacrifices to reach our goals sometimes and going ahead with those sacrifices is what sets apart being an adult from being a teenager. I am very happy where I am in life right now and I have been more succesful in school, co-curricular activities, jobs, and my social life than I ever thought I would be. I would also tell myself to not be afraid of sticking up for your beliefs and that with hard work comes great rewards.

I wish I would have known how hard it would be to get financial aid service. The school does not provide many scholarships for my majors (music performance and music business) and I do not fit many of the requirements of the ones they do have (most scholarships are for music ed majors or voice majors). It is difficult to apply for work-study as well.

the nursing program and the teaching program! very excellent programs!

the nursing program and the teaching program! very excellent programs!

it is very allowing for many different religions. It's nice to see that they allow groups of different religions to meet on campus! gives a great variety!

I would make sure to take a study-skills class the first year of school because I think that would've helped me to be an even better student. I try so hard, but have a hard time with studying so i think that would help others from the beginning, it will give them an even more successful college career!

Kaitlin

Dear myself in senior year, So, you're off to college soon. It's going to be a huge transition, but it's apart of life. Live and learn. The biggest advice I could give to you is to not forget your family back home. Yes, college is super exciting; you meet a lot of new people and form new relationships- but don't forget about the ones who have been there your whole life. You may only be an hour and a half away, but you don't have a car. Family life may be somewhat difficult, but you have to learn to deal with it when you're away. It's hard to know that grandparents are getting sick and there's nothing you can do about it. You're not just twenty minutes away anymore. Try not to fret too much. Just keep in touch with them and go home every so often. Letters a great way to let them know you care. Your family understands that you wish you could be there. They know how you feel. Don't forget to call your parents and tell them you love them. -Katie

The most amazing thing about UW-Oshkosh is all the clubs and organizations it has to offer. In the beginning of the year, they hold a festival that gives clubs the ability to present what they do and to get others interested in their organization. It made me realize how much opportunity that Oshkosh has with the enormous amount of clubs and that I wish I could join almost every one. UW-Oshkosh, no doubt, has a club that can fulfill the needs or interests of any student.

I wish I would have been more informed about the freshman meals plans and meal plans in general. I know now that meal plans don't roll over every week, but the next week your meal plan resets. The university also has certain periods of time that one can use their meal plan, which is in three seperate times a day and one cannot use two meals in the same period. It all makes sense now, but took some getting used to.

Kristine

Seriously, shoot for the stars. Remember when you just went out for Cross Country, and because of your coaches, you were able to make it to state? Yeah, you can do that. Which means you can excel at pretty much anything you try. Please, don't just do things and be "good" at them. Be excellent! It's okay to be noticed. Now, as a college junior, you are on the journey of starting your own business and have mentors there to guide you. You knew there was more out there than going to class, and work, and back. So don't be afraid of going on journeys by yourself. You went to state as an individual and your family and friends were there to cheer you on. Now do everything in life that way. When you make it, they will be there to cheer you on there as well.

Abigail

The University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh was my first choice; it felt like home then, and still does, despite the amount of disappointing professors I've had this year.

Dear Abbey,You’ve made it. Well, you will make it. Oshkosh is the best fit for you, trust your gut. The academics are perfectly challenging but the out of classroom opportunities are what will push you to be better. Freshman year you will produce a movie, sophomore year you will get to direct one! You’ll meet some interesting people who open your mind to new ideas. You’ll meet some horrible people, too. The good people are worth all the bad. I promise. You are smarter than some professors, but that’s okay. Allow their views to educate you. And make friends with the good ones. Always remember that whether you like them or not, most of the time they are good people and they have lots to teach you. It might not be about their subject, but it will be valuable never the less. Lastly, save your money. You’re going to need more than you planned.Love,Future Abbey

Allyssa

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is an inviting campus filled with knowledgeable professors and fine facilities to foster students' learning.

University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is best known for their competitive nursing program. We take a lot of pride in all of our colleges, but certainly our nursing program for it is extremely vigorous and has a great career outlook for potential nurses who are accepted and thrive in the program.

"Enjoy the remainder of your senior year," I would say to myself. Look around and thank the teachers that have gotten you this far, and enjoy the time you have with your high school friends. During your senior year, take the time to focus on how to study. As easy as it sounds, you will soon find out that you may have been ineffectively studying, or not needing to study at all. Learn how you learn and study best. The knowledge you discover about yourself may make the difference in your continued education. Also, step out of your comfort zone. Do not be afraid to try something you would never have considered in high school. Be courageous and knock on your neighbors' doors- they may become your best lifelong friends. Involve yourself not only on campus, but also in the community. There are incredible opportunities that are waiting for you to discover; be brave and have the courage to branch out. I am forever grateful to have met the friends I did and become involved in everything I have involved in- thanks to a little courage to try something new and meet someone new!

University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.