University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

When I was heading into college I expected to not really see any of my classmates outside of our class, but I was wrong. The people I've met in my classes are how I've gone about making my friends. There are so many creative and genuine people on the UW-Oshkosh campus to get to know. I think the size of UW-Oshkosh is perfect. It isn't an extremely extensive campus, but it provides a very fitting transition from high school. The campus itself and the students on it are what make the experience worth it.

The saying is that, the people you meet in college are your best friends for life and that’s true for my classmates/friends. The classmates here at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh are you friends in arms per say. If you need help while in class or you need a little extra help to study just ask your classmates they will help you. Asking for help you would think might be the toughest thing you ever had to do but in most cases that person you ask to study with you, turns out to be your best friend.

Every student that I have been working with in class is friendly, helpful, outgoing and is hardworking to obtain his or her degree. They are very easy going and easy to be friends with. No one at this school so far that I have came upon is ignorant of friendship because everyone here is quite friendly. My classmates tend to work well in groups, like to socialize to get to know each other better, open to diverse ideas, and are interactive in class activites.

My classmates are alot like me. I am enrolled in a lot of Kinesiology classes, so we all have the same interests or at least want to study in the same area. We all strive for our best, unlike in high school when some kids did not want to be there. Everyday we come with the attitude to learn and we try our hardest to obtain the information that we are learning. By practicing our skills outside of class, we gain more knowledge of our current area of study.

I am an transferred student from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee and so Oshkosh is new to me. Even so everyday is like a new day to me. The people around me and in my class are very friendly, very supportive, and can easily talk with with comfort level. To be honest, though I only attend UWO less than a year, I find UWO to be more pleasing and to my liking than UWM. There is nothing wrong with UWM, it's just that I feel more at home and at ease at UWO.

I have not had a lot of time with my classmates, and all of my classes thus far have been done online. However, I can say that I have met some very nice people with great perspectives. They have helped me to see different vantage points on topics, and helped to open my mind to new concepts and ideas. The students I have worked with are great about participating in dicussions and assisting others who need a little help.

Everyone that I've chosen to be around are very similar to me. They're very education oriented and know when fun time is and when study time is and that usually helps me differentiate between the two. During finals week, we all get together and have a study party in the library and my sorority sisters really help me focus on what's important about school.

My classmates are genuinely welcoming and focused. Each person has goals that they want to accomplish and they understand that their classmates have goals as well. They are respectful of my want to learn and grow as a person and in my career, and everyone does their best to help each other out to reach their full potential.

Students at UWO tend to work hard when they need to. However there is a high level of involvement at UWO and often times people like their social lifes more than their academics. Basically if you want ot study you can find places and people to study with, and if you want to go out well you can do that too.

My classmates come from local and afar unlike high school classmates and have made a positive impression upon me through their unique and diverse expericences, opinions and backgrounds and I enjoy and look forward to the daily contact I have with them.