University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

UW Oshkosh has been incredibly supportive through the process of returning to school as an adult student. The professors in my program are extremely involved to ensure that I receive exceptional education and that I graduate instilled with the principle to always push myself. I couldn’t have asked for more compassionate instructors that embody the philosophies of caring, integrity, and generosity. And on top of the grade-A professors, my classmates are dedicated, extremely intelligent and constantly push each other to try harder! It’s been a great environment that will help me to become the best nurse possible.

My school allows the opportunity to double major in Elementary Education and Special Education. This is what initially drew me to the school, however, I also found out that it has a wonderful honors program for high acheiving students and a great welcoming environment for freshman students in the freshman dorms. It also has a beautiful back campus with flowers and trees as well as the attractive and relatively new student union where a student can get art supplies, attend awesome events with speakers, magicians and performers, and get coffee while enjoying free wireless internet. Also, it is relatively compact.

The unique thing about my school is, its business school is fully accredited by an internationally recognized accreditation for business programs called Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Also, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is one of the first colleges in the nation to require that undergraduate business students should have 100 hours of professional work experience to qualify for graduation. Furthermore, our school has the most successful Model United Nations Program in the world, receiving 25 consecutive Outstanding Delegation awards at international competitions.

Prior to UWO, I attended UW-Milwaukee. I was attracted to UWM because of the attractions off campus and the prospective campus life. However, after a semester I transferred to UWO because it seemed like a milder version of all of the things I had hoped for at UWM. UWO is a great campus to attend. All of the offices regarding advising, financial aid, etc., are very student friendly. I received so much help as a transfer student mid-year. UWO is a very friendly campus that offers great educational opportunities as well as enjoyable on and off campus activities.

The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is unique in the sense that while it is the third largest campus in Wisconsin, it is very connected. The campus building are located closesly together as well as the students. There are so many friendly people you run into and it's not like UW-Madison where you'll only see someone once and then never see them again. At UW-Oshkosh, you have the opportunity to connect with people through various clubs and sports. There are so many outgoing and friendly people to meet and the new frienships you made are endless.

I did not plan to attend the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh. We - my mother and I - were visiting another school when she suggested that we visit "just one more" on the way home. Despite the fact that it was Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday, and the campus was, thus, deserted, I knew immediately that this was the school for me. The sun shone, the wind blew gently, and it occurred to me: I needed to use the restroom. We found one unlocked door and ran into an employee who answered my questions. Her service and warmth drew me in.

The unique thing about our school is the amount of life and productivity being displayed on campus. Students are out and about whether it be intramural sports, studying in the library, eating at the commons, or just sitting outside have a good time. The energy given to school sports, and the excellency of the professors. The safety on campus with the police station being down the road and the Campus Security Officers who are also students in training to become police officers. Pretty much anything you can think of happens at UW-Oshkosh

I chose UW Oshkosh because it provided many oppurtunities within the science field. I also felt at home when I took the campus tour. The professors are personal and class sizes perfect so that I don't feel like just another face in the crowd. Another main reason I chose UW Oshkosh is because while touring I was introduced to the field of medical technology. Going into the tour, I was unsure of my major but knew I wanted to work in science, so when presented with this new and interesting oppurtunity I couldn't turn it down.

The University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is unique in that our ties to the community are very strong. Oshkosh is a city of roughly 60,000 people, which could be considered small by most standards. That being said, the campus tries to branch out and sponsor events around the calender to engage students in the city in which they live. Also, compared to the other schools I considered, the feeling of community here felt right from day one. The students and faculty here are lovely people, and it is a great place to receive an education.

My school requires internships to graduate with a business degree. They help place students in one and they want students to do more than one. They also allow students to take interim (classes over break for three weeks) at no extra cost. It is a great way to be able to take 18 credits during the semester, without having to actually handle them all during the semester. My school was very excited to have me come here, versus the other schools I was considering. I loved how much they wanted me here, it has been a great fit.