University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Top Questions

The process of ordering and purchasing books at the schools bookstore is unorganized and hard to complete within a single week.

The worst thing at my school is that there is not always enough availability to get the classes needed in order to graduate on time. Some people have to wait an entire year to get the class or go to a nearby school. As an example, I was not able to get into physiology for two semesters and ended up taking the class elsewhere.

If I had to choose, I would probably say the worst thing about Oshkosh is that I can only use one meal swipe per time slot as a freshman. Sometimes you get hungry when studying late at night, but you can't go to Scotty's to get anything to eat using your plan. It's not a huge deal, though, because the Corner Convenience Store usually saves the day on that one.

The students are the worst thing. They are all kind of inconsiderate and rude. They are not friendly and make the college experience not very fun.

Ceasar

I cannot think of any bad things about my school. Well, it is not really about the school, it is more of the city. They have a lot of roundabouts and it gets scary during winter. Our school is lovely as what it is. I love my school, so I cannot really spill out anything unlikeable about it. There may have some bad things about my school, but it is not enough to be part of my mind to be considered.

In my opinion the worst thing about UW-Oshkosh would be, honestly I love Oshkosh. I do not really have anything bad to say about the school. When telling others about the school, I recommend everyone to coming here.

Ntxawm

I would consider the worst thing about my school is the crimes. This year within the first two months of school we had four robbings, and two batteries. The worst thing about my campus in my consideration is the crime within the first semester.

Micayla

Its far from home, I miss my family and my dog.

Graham

Coming from a town where diversity flourished, it's safe to say that Oshkosh is lacking in the diversity department. It's troubling to me that some students look at our ethnic demographic and think over 70{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} caucasion is 'diverse' by any means. I see a lot of 'natural' segregation on campus. Even though students here are very friendly dispite that fact, it seems to be diluting the possibility of having that "maximum college experience" that we all hope to achieve in our few short years at a university.

Right now I would consider the worst thing about my school the unusually high amount of criminal activity, much of it directed toward or even perpetrated by students. This rash of unusual violence has led me to be quite concerned for the welfare and safety of the on campus students. It is my belief and my hope that the sincere and dedicated efforts of the local law enforcement agencies, both on campus and in the city itself will continue to work to apprehend the criminals and protect the students. I hope the school continues its safety emphasis and efforts too.

Chloe

I hate that it can be so hard to enroll into the classes that you may need for the next semester. Some times you are forced to wait a semester to take a certain class because there aren't enough seats open for all of the students that have to take the class.

Carly

I don't think Oshkosh does a great job of explaining the requirements and expectations that must be met before you're accepted to your specific program. In my experience, I feel that some aspects were not made out to be as important as they really are and I was not told enough up front during my freshman year about my program.

I think the worst thing about my school for my persoanlly is that it is not very racial diverse comapred to my hometown.

Linda

In my opinion I don't believe there is anything wrong with my school. I would say I made a good choice in my school selection because the have a great education system that helps kids like me pursue my life dreams. The support that the school gives is great and I would not go back in time to pick a different school, I would pick Oshkosh again.

I think that the worst thing about my school are the prices of things. When going to eat and getting an a-la-carte item it is extremely over priced. For example a 12 oz. container of milk is $2.49 which is almost the price of a full gallon of milk. I think that the prices of food for the amount that we get is extremely bad as well. They act like the food that they have is scarce, when we are paying almost $15,000 for school I think we deserver better and healthier options.

KaBao

There is really nothing wrong with this University. The worst 'thing' would differ from person to person. Depending on how much effort one is putting into meeting new people, exams, and even getting help is up to them. One student can say that the difficulty of meeting new people is the worst, but are they putting in the effort to get out of their social bubble to actually meet new people? The university is not perfect but it is also not the worst.

Honestly, I really enjoy going to UW Oshkosh. As a transfer student, I came from a school I didn't find my place in and I find Oshkosh to be a very comfortable campus. It's easy to make friends because it's a very social campus and there are a lot of ways to get involved. Possibly the worst thing about Oshkosh, could be that because it's a very social campus, it can be easy to get distracted. Just maintain great focus and find organizations and clubs that will be helpful to your future.

Ajha

Overall, in my opinon, the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is a great school. The school itself, is very friendly and beyond welcoming to new comers as well as old. The "worst" thing that I have encountered about my school is the partying. I wont say it should'nt be allowed nor that students should not partake in such activity but it's becoming known too all others and people that are not even students join. They come from all over to participate, and it makes outsiders judge that the students have no focus.

avan

The worst thing about my school is the fact that it is overly crowded and classes are limited but i believe that applies to most school and if youre motivated to get a class, you will find a way.

The absolute worst thing about the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is the amount of drugs going around. Last year, we had the highest drug bust rate of any campus per capita.

This school was very large and I had come from a small town so I was used to smaller classes. It was hard to adjust to the larger campus and groups.

With this school helping me become who I want to be in the future, there is not much wrong about it. The campus is in close proximiety of everything, the students who attend are friendly, outgoing, and overall enojying to be around; the only bad part about it is how far away it is from home. Even that isn't so bad. This school has a lot of promising attributes and I intend to make the most of what it has to offer.

Maineng

The worst thing about UW-Oshkosh is not enough emphasis on racial interactions on campus. There are so many different ethnic groups on campus but often time, it is common to find white students hanging out with with students while, while asian students with the asians, blacks with blacks and so on. I consider this to be the worst thing about UW-Oshkosh because I believe that this school lacks racial uniformity.

Melani

If you're a nursing major (and it seems like 75{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of the students are) they really psych you out for the nursing program. They lead you to believe it's nearly impossible to get into, and I think that scares some really good nurses-to-be away from this school.

The worst thing about UW-Oshkosh, would be commuter involvement. I, being a commuter, found it hard to find out about social events on campus.

I think the worst part about my school was the residence hall. I lived in the Stewart residence hall and it was decent, but it didnt have an elevator. It was extremely annoying having to walk up and down four flights of stairs every day, multiple times a day. It was even more frustrating knowing that other dorm buildings had elevators, mine just happened to not be one of them.

The worst thing about UW Oshkosh would have to be the lack of activities available to meet people. There are quite a few events held to have fun, and meet people. But there are many weekends where this is not much to do that is free and within walking distance. I understand events may be pricey and difficult but it is still nice especially for incoming freshman, to meet new people and learn the campus.

Far away from my home.

Drew

Parking space is a serious issue at UW Oshkosh. If you are planning to commute like I do, you are going to spend in excess of $200 for a parking pass that will most likely leave you with a 10 minute walk to your first class.

The worst thing about the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is the selection of classes. From talking with other students, it is almost impossible to tranfer into or out of UWO while getting credit for the classes you have already taken. I believe if a student has completed a class and has learned the material, he or she should not have to retake a class at another institution because they did not receive credit for that class.

The worst thing about the school is the campus housing because they should have more suite style or apartment style accomodations. The one building that they have of suite style rooms always fills up pretty fast.

I would probably consider the food the worst part of this school. There are not that many options here for us on campus and the options we do have are not very health. I would like a little more variety so that I could try and be a little healthier while living on campus.

The worst thing about the school is the meal programs and price to live on campus. I felt that as a student living in the dorms and having a meal plan was one of the biggest wastes of money. The meals are not worth the price students are required to pay.

I think the worst thing about my college would be that we are labeled “sloshkosh” stating that we are a big party school. This is bad because students look forward to coming to this college sometimes more for the partying instead of the education. Especially when a student is paying for their schooling I think that their school should be chosen not because of its party status but because of what it offers to one for what they will be paying.

mariana

There really isn't much I worry about. The campus is a very safe place.

I really love my school. I would have to say that the worst thing about it is that it is in Wisconsin so it gets very very cold! Other than that I cannot complain I am a huge fan of UW- Oshkosh.

This seems so silly, but I guess the worst thing about my university is the dining halls. It's not that the food is bad -- it's average -- it's that the halls are rarely ever open and there seem to be a lot of added expenses. Also, the halls are open during breaks, but if there are no classes going on, it usually costs money out of pocket to eat there; meal plans will not work.

Abby

I do not have anything bad to say because I have not yet attended UW Oshkosh. I think I will enjoy the school and get an excelent education. The only bad thing I could say right now is that I won't know my way around for awhile.

As a fifth year senior at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh (UWO), the worst thing about this school is definitly the vast divide between professors who consider their students needs and those that see their students as just part of work. To clarify, it is my experience that about two-thirds of the professors at UWO are able to acknowledge the steps it takes for students to learn various concepts and are willing to work with them to achieve these even if it takes extra class time. Conversely, the other third of professors treat students as part of their job.

The worst thing about the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh is that they do not have a men's and women's hockey team. I have played hockey since I was five years old and although I am not allowed to play anymore (concussions) I would love to cheer my schools hockey team on.

I think the worst thing I would consider about this school is the parking. There isn't enough.

There were times that I felt the most important information I needed to know for my career came too late in my schooling.

Some of the professors at my school are awful. They can be arrogant and just plain mean. Not all of them are like that by any means, but some of them are pretty bad. I've heard of last minute changes to tests, overly- strict test policies, and other bad situations. For example, I had a professor who refused to hear any opinions but the ones that he had. I once got a low grade on a paper because I disagreed with him. Professors should be encouraging students to be opinionated, not discourage the practice.

Valerie

The worst thing I believe is that there are, unfortunately, many parties around campus where underage students can drink alcohol. With the pressure that students are under now to succeed and find a job straight out of college sometimes people feel the need to release their stress in this unhealthy manner. It may feel good at the time and you may like drinking, but it is not worth it. Drinking damages your health, your brain functions, and not to mention underage drinking is against the law. Release stress in a way that is safe for you and your peers.

Sandra

Tutition is quite expensive, but tuition is expensive almost everywhere.

The worst thing would be the lack of diversity. I like to be around others who don't always look like or think like me. It's hard to find that here.

While much of the faculty is more than willing to help, there are some professors who seem to be more interested in breaking students than helping them; be prepared to work hard and efficiently if you wish to receive high grades in certain classes.

I have only been at UWO for one year and so far I haven't found anything that I don't like.

Mariah

Oshkosh can feel a little geographically isolated: it is not really close to anywhere. Other than that, there are no real downsides to UW-Oshkosh.

Eliza

Most of the food vendors outside of the memorial union close early in the day and most academic and support office close by 4:30 pm.