University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh

There is not one kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. The community of students and faculty at UW-Oshkosh is very diverse and also welcoming and friendly. Though there are aspects of competition academically and in other areas, help is always available whenever a student is struggling or needs it for whatever reason. The school is also very geared towards making every student and staff member feel welcome and as if their needs are fully being attended to. Therefore, all are welcome and should attend this university if they are seeking a healthy educational environment.

Anybody who isn't supportive about supporting others should find another school because the helpfulness of this campus completely outweighs any negative connotations or stigmas that people may have against colleges. The support system, along with the students at UWO, help cultivate and nurture positivity within people that they may not have had before, in essence creating the crop of citizens that this world needs. However, any person who brings their own negative energy to a place of growth should either be prepared to change, change before they come, or not come at all.

A lazy person simply will not thrive in university. College is too much work to slack through and still succeed. Relaxing every once in a while is alright, but to be a good student at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, one requires a strong work ethic and an actual desire to learn. It is very different from high school. Merely memorizing information and completing tedious assignements becomes a thing of the past. College sudents need to learn how to think differently and look at the world in new ways. A college student cannot do this without hard work.

Although the school I attend can be known for the drinking and parties that take place; a person should not attend this university based on those reasons alone. This school has many competitive programs that award those who have a great sense in time management and commitment, but this university really does offer a variety of opportunites for any type of person. For anyone attending to college, it is important to find time to have fun and relax, but also important to not attend college thinking that fun and parties is all it will be.

Everyone in the state of Wisconsin has heard that Oshkosh is a party school. Every school is a party school; Oshkosh just gets the bad reputation. A student focused solely on partying, drinking, and socializing should not go to this University. Sure it's a great way to meet people and enjoy the weekend, but don't come here looking only for that. Oshkosh is not an easy University. As a student you need to be able to focus on your classes and study hard. If you come here only for the "legendary" party atmosphere you'll never make it.

Someone that should not attend this school is someone that is withdrawn and antisocial. The University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh is a campus that revolves around student life and student activity. Staying active with other peers on campus is essential. Whether it be in the resident halls, at the Rec Center, the Titan Underground, or outside of Polk Library, the University prides itself on being an student friendly school. If you're going to be a Titan then you got to come prepared and ready to participate in the fun!

The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh holds high expectations for each student. Through various campus programs, all students are provided an opportunity to reach the expected high standards. An individual who is unmotivated to learn and possesses a fixed mindset should not attend this school until he/she changes his/her attitude. When a growth mindset is in place, tied with motivation to learn, any individual holds the potential to be successful at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.

All types of people should be accepted to Oshkosh, because a non-accepting or completely rude person can walk into the college and come out a new person. People who are more extroverted and help the introverted students find their way and that is into becoming a better person and allowing new people into their lives. If here had to be a person that shouldn't be able to attend UW-Oshkosh, it should be the student who restricts people into attending. In other words, selfish pepole.

People who should not attend college are those who do not try and give up very easliy. For example, people who are lazy they have no intention of doing things by themselves and are always asking others to do it. I'm not say that they do that on purpose but because it is an easier route for them. They do not care about school, and all they want to do is have fun. My advice to them is do well in school because it is a key which can unlock new oppurnities for you in life.

You should not attend the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh if you enjoy the "big city" feel or if you enjoy a large campus. UW Oshkosh is a tight-knit community. Our campus is a small campus compared to the other UW schools. It is only a ten minute walk across campus. Many of my classes are small and interactive. Attendance is required in many of them because of the small class size, so do not attend this school if you do not want to go to class.