University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh Top Questions

A person that is not willing to work hard should not attend this school. To learn the matieral and apply the knowledge to future occupations, requires commitment, time and effort.

All types of people should be accepted to Oshkosh, because a non-accepting or completely rude person can walk into the college and come out a new person. People who are more extroverted and help the introverted students find their way and that is into becoming a better person and allowing new people into their lives. If here had to be a person that shouldn't be able to attend UW-Oshkosh, it should be the student who restricts people into attending. In other words, selfish pepole.

michelle

People who should not attend college are those who do not try and give up very easliy. For example, people who are lazy they have no intention of doing things by themselves and are always asking others to do it. I'm not say that they do that on purpose but because it is an easier route for them. They do not care about school, and all they want to do is have fun. My advice to them is do well in school because it is a key which can unlock new oppurnities for you in life.

Someone should not attend the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh if they do not have the motivation or will to learn.

Someone who is an introvert. Oshkosh has a lot of great oppertunities for people to make new friends and get together. If you want a huge campus that takes 20 minutes to get to one building to the next you don't want UWO. Oshkosh is a smaller tight knit campus, where everything is within walking distance.

Although the school I attend can be known for the drinking and parties that take place; a person should not attend this university based on those reasons alone. This school has many competitive programs that award those who have a great sense in time management and commitment, but this university really does offer a variety of opportunites for any type of person. For anyone attending to college, it is important to find time to have fun and relax, but also important to not attend college thinking that fun and parties is all it will be.

Anybody who isn't supportive about supporting others should find another school because the helpfulness of this campus completely outweighs any negative connotations or stigmas that people may have against colleges. The support system, along with the students at UWO, help cultivate and nurture positivity within people that they may not have had before, in essence creating the crop of citizens that this world needs. However, any person who brings their own negative energy to a place of growth should either be prepared to change, change before they come, or not come at all.

Shawna

The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh holds high expectations for each student. Through various campus programs, all students are provided an opportunity to reach the expected high standards. An individual who is unmotivated to learn and possesses a fixed mindset should not attend this school until he/she changes his/her attitude. When a growth mindset is in place, tied with motivation to learn, any individual holds the potential to be successful at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.

Tracie

I honestly believe that the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh can be a good fit for anyone. The population is extremely diverse and the variety of majors available are endless. If you are a hard working and driven student looking for wonderful academic opportunities, then Oshkosh is the school for you.

Shari

Oshkosh is the type of school where students need to work hard and be committed to what they want to do. Someone who shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want to do the work required and come to class everyday.People who also shouldn't attend Oshkosh are those who don't like a small town atmosphere. At the University of Oshkosh we care about what we do and work hard to achieve our goals.

Natalya

Everyone in the state of Wisconsin has heard that Oshkosh is a party school. Every school is a party school; Oshkosh just gets the bad reputation. A student focused solely on partying, drinking, and socializing should not go to this University. Sure it's a great way to meet people and enjoy the weekend, but don't come here looking only for that. Oshkosh is not an easy University. As a student you need to be able to focus on your classes and study hard. If you come here only for the "legendary" party atmosphere you'll never make it.

Someone who is eager to learn, cares about their education, and is a hard worker.

The University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh is a very diverse school. I dont feel as though there is a certain type of person who should particularily go to this university. If a person is willing to put in effort to further their education anyone and everyone should be encouraged to apply and attend the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh.

Although the university has a high acceptance rate, I believe that the kind of person who does not have the motivation to start off their life and try to achieve greatness should not attend this university. This school looks for people who aspire to be great in their own unique way and they strive to help bring those people to where they want to be in life.

Someone who doesn't really like cities. It isn't the biggest of cities but otherwise I really have nothing bad to say about this school.

Nathaniel

The kind of person that would be interested in attending UW-Oshkosh would have career success in mind. The kind of person that shouldn't attend would be a student not academically inclined nor interested in furthering themselves. Also students who spend the majority of their time abusing drugs and alcohol should not attend or take away from the school's clean environment. The school has a focused atmosphere on bettering oneself.

Drew

UW Oshkosh is a fairly large school, with over 13,000 students in attendance at one time. Some pit classes have over 200 students in a single class, so it can be difficult if you need individual attention. If you're looking for a small school community, UW Oshkosh may not be an ideal choice for you.

People that shouldn't attend this school are those who are not willing to work hard and think outside of the box. If all they want to do is party and drink this is not the school for them.

They type of person that should not attend this school is someone who is only trying to skate by and do the bare minimum. This is a hard school and there are many hard class so if you are not very committed to you education, I would not suggest attending this school.

People who are not open to new experience may not enjoy their experience at UW Oshkosh. There are alway campus events going on that open students up to diverse opportunities. The campus even offers a diverse menu in the cafeteria.

If you are not serious about your education, then don't waste your time. Allow space for an individual looking to be successful. UW-O is here to create and develop successfull grads.

A lazy person simply will not thrive in university. College is too much work to slack through and still succeed. Relaxing every once in a while is alright, but to be a good student at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, one requires a strong work ethic and an actual desire to learn. It is very different from high school. Merely memorizing information and completing tedious assignements becomes a thing of the past. College sudents need to learn how to think differently and look at the world in new ways. A college student cannot do this without hard work.

Keyra

In order to attend UWO, one must be serious about their education. This school is by no means a place to slack.

People who aren't serious about their education or go to college only to party and have a good time shouldn't attend the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh. This university, much like others, are for people who are willing to work hard and make a better future for themselves.

All people can and should attend the University of Oshkosh-Wisconsin. Unless they cannot offer what you need academically, Oshkosh is a great school to grow as a person and to broaden one's horizons.

Students who want to attend a school where they can party all the time and never study shouldn't attend UW Oshkosh. Students who dont push themselves academically shouldn't attend this school. Balancing the demands of school and social life can be difficult so time management skills are a must.

A person that would attend this school would be one who is looking for a great liberal education but isn't looking to move into a largely populated area.

If you aren't serious about getting a degree followed by a career then you shouldn't attend this school. The school offers internships and holds numerous job fairs to help students get prepared, so you if you aren't prepared to learn and then use it in the real world then you shouldn't attend this school.

I think it is wrong to say a person shouldn't attend this school. UW-Oshkosh creates a learning environment for anyone. I think that anyone who goes here feels accepted and part of the UW-Oshkosh family.

Kendal

I think UWO provides classes, clubs, majors, and activities for all groups of people. I do not believe there are any people that should not attend this school. UWO is very welcoming, and helps provide the best experience for every student on campus.

Travis

Someone that should not attend this school is someone that is withdrawn and antisocial. The University of Wisconsin- Oshkosh is a campus that revolves around student life and student activity. Staying active with other peers on campus is essential. Whether it be in the resident halls, at the Rec Center, the Titan Underground, or outside of Polk Library, the University prides itself on being an student friendly school. If you're going to be a Titan then you got to come prepared and ready to participate in the fun!

Remember you wanted honestly for this question. Students who should not go to this school are those not sure where they want to go in life. I say this because if you want to finish on time with little loans as possible you should know where you want to go.

I do not think there is one person that shouldn't attend this school because it is very accepting and small enough for the teachers to get to know you but big enough where you think you know everyone.

Some advice that I can give is, that unless you absolutly cant, go to all of your classes, don't get lazy. Another piece of advice is if you need help go get it. Oshkosh offers pleanty of places you can get help with any class you take. A third piece of advice I can give is be social, go meet people on your floor, join in, go do different activities offered, and go to the freshman orientation you will meet so many people.

Maricica

The school that I attend allows all kinds of people to attend; the campus is very diverse and very open to many different kinds of people. That is why I love it so much because there are groups, clubs and organizations that allow everyone to feel welcome.

Ethan

This campus is very diverse and welcomes all students. This school is just big enough but not as big as a division 1 school. A students who likes a very small campus and a campus that would be dead on the weekend would be a person I would not reccomend this school for.

There is not one kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. The community of students and faculty at UW-Oshkosh is very diverse and also welcoming and friendly. Though there are aspects of competition academically and in other areas, help is always available whenever a student is struggling or needs it for whatever reason. The school is also very geared towards making every student and staff member feel welcome and as if their needs are fully being attended to. Therefore, all are welcome and should attend this university if they are seeking a healthy educational environment.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't necessarily like the sense of community that is installed by UWO.

You should not attend the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh if you enjoy the "big city" feel or if you enjoy a large campus. UW Oshkosh is a tight-knit community. Our campus is a small campus compared to the other UW schools. It is only a ten minute walk across campus. Many of my classes are small and interactive. Attendance is required in many of them because of the small class size, so do not attend this school if you do not want to go to class.

People who don't open up within the first month and a half might struggle here. There are a lot of people at UWO and finding friends is only easy if you let it, if you plan to just study and expect to find friends in your classes odds are that you won't unless you go into specific majors (music, art, computer science).

If you are not passionate about advancing your education, this school is not for you. UW-Oshkosh is focused on bettering our learning community and creating intelligent, diligent, and fervent individuals to join the work force. Oshkosh has the feel of a tight knit hometown, yet has the attractions of a bigger city being in the Fox Valley. If big city attractions are your cup of tea, UW-Oshkosh may not be for you.

Someone who is looking for a big city experiance.

Noah

Someone who hates cold weather!

Carolyn

If you never want to be in a lecture hall, you should not attend this university. While there aren't many classes that are lectures with hundreds of people, you will have to take a few in your time at Oshkosh.

You should not attend if you do not like competitive students fighting for a spot in a program. For the nusring program, dont even thing about applying if you have a 3.5 or lower you will never get in.

Adrian

Someone who has a strong dislike of winter as well as an inability to cope with it, or some who can not handle large classes. Granted UWO's large classes pale in comparison to other schools like UW Madison, but I know there are people who have done poorly because they got lost in the numbers.

Nathaniel

There are any number of people who are right for a higher education. Those I would advise to turn away are those who are not self motivated, who don’t care about their grades or know where they want to go in life. Many people say college is the place to make mistakes, but it is one high price tag to have for mistakes.

People who like big cities and the hustle-and-bustle lifestyle that goes along with that probably wouldn't like the calmer ways of Oshkosh. Also, the campus is usually quieter on weekends, so if you like more upbeat places with a lot of things to do during the weekend, this campus wouldn't be a good fit.

A person who doesn't want to go to college.

Every kind of person should be able to attend this school.