University of Wisconsin-Parkside Top Questions

Lucas

I wish I had known that College was going to require a lot of effort to get into and that finding money to pay for college with is quite difficult.

Benjamin

How to declare a degree major.

Mary

I'm attending online, so I have no response for this question.

Debra

I wish I would have known that professors are not these people you can not relate to. They are human beings as well and are always willing to help you if you need it. Also, I would have like to know NOT to procrastinate and how to manage you time wisely. These two things are very important, in high school they always tell you but they do not tell you how to handle it in college. When you get to college you do not know how to handle some of those situations.

Sal

That school is a way to learn how to get around a system; not through it.

Kyle

I wish i had known how much reading was required for each class and how fast the classes progressed throughout the year.

The reverse discrimination white students would face at a school that seeks so much diversity that it exploits caucasion students.

Kathryn

Even though I'll have a degree in art, finding a job will be very difficult.

Matthew

One thing that I wish I would have known before I came to UW-Parkside is the fact that the teachers are so helpful and interative. Also in my case their qualifaications and past experience has meant a great deal to me.

Chad

I wish that I would have known more about the school activities around campus. I would have gotten more involved earlier in my college years and I think would have had more fun.

Peter

I wish I knew how many oppertunities there are! I find myself wanting to join in, but there isn't enough time in the day. Also, I would have wanted to know that the professors would know me by name and have high expectations, not only for me, but for the entire class.

Before I came to this school I wish I had known what my major was going to be. I now know I want to become a Psychology Major and Business Minor but having known that earlier would have helped me with class selection Freshman Year. I want to be a four year student and move on with my career as soon as possible. I may have to attend college 4 and half years, honestly, I love the school and am glad I chose this college.

Kathryn

That it should have been my first option.

allyzza

I was wishing that Parkside has dormitories and apartments on campus. Because I really want to try living on campus and experience a college life on my own. Of course they do have and I am very fortunate to be accepted at Parkside and be able to meet other people in different parts of the world.

Jacob

When I first started my college experience at Parkside, they were building on to the school and dorms. This became a little destracting because I could feel the vibrations and hear the constructors work on their project. The project has made a positive impact by making the campus more energy efficient, comfortable, (by expanding the many facilities) and also made a Student Involvement Center, which their goal is to bring all the student organizations together. Parkside is now creating more dorms, so they can enroll more students. The construction on the dorms doesn't affect my academic work at school.

Oluwabukola

The opportunities available through internships and volunteering.