University of Wisconsin-Platteville

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Platteville

The kind of person who should attend this school should be someone who is extremely self motivated and doesn't need a lot of hand holding. The distance learning program is intense . If you take a full load of 12 semester credits you will need to spend a minimum of 30 hours a week on your studies. It is for the person that is against for profit universities and wants to work for the degree that is earned.

Anyone who wishes to get started in a four year college out of highschool but isn't sure if they want to go to a large university. These people can decide later if they want transfer to a larger university, or if they don't Platteville still has plenty of degrees to choose from.

Any person is welcome at this school, from very shy to overly social. There's stuff for everyone and every interest on campus. The dorm life really helps people get to know one another so no matter who you are you'll find a place to belong.

People who aren't interested in getting lost in a crowd. Platteville is a small town and I'm not sure people really realize just how small it is until they get here. A lot of people find they don't like that, but I love it.

The person who wants small class sizes and more personal connection to the professors than at a big school. It is a small-town school, yet the academic program stays strong.

The kind of person who should attend this school is any kind of person who enjoys a small town feel or wants to be an engineer.

Any one interested in pursuing a career in enigneering, animal science, agriculuture, or computer sciences.

not strong academically, go home on weekends, small town people

someone fun

Students are looking for a small campus with great majors. Agriculture, Criminal Justice/Forensic Investigation, and Engineering are the most popular majors here on campus. There are numerous clubs and organizations to get involved with. I recommend that if you come from a small town and like the smaller areas this is your campus. A lot of more intelligent individuals come here for the engineering, because it is voted in the top five engineering schools in the state. Not to mention, the price is a lot lower than other UW schools.