River Falls, WI
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls

I would tell myself that I shouldn't take advantage of the resources that I had at my disposal while I was in school. I was an art major and I had access to fully fuctional studios with all of the expensive equipment that would take me decades to save up to own. Being able to work in those spaces whenever I needed was a true blessing and I believe I created some of my best work in the studios at the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.

I wish I would have looked more into off-campus housing, I would have saved a lot of money. The dorms were okay but I could have had my own place for a comparable price.

J-term (no classes for about a month after christmas) and being sort of forced to stay out of the dorms during these breaks. Basically having to move out or else pay an extra fee to stay during these breaks.

People believe that it is an agriculture school only. That is far from the truth. UWRF has an acreditation for it's business school that only a small handful in the world have. The psychology program is the second most popular major. Not to mention the elementry education program is one of the top ones in the state.

I have gone from running track to studying aboard, to dancing. There are so many programs to choose from it's hard to pick. Not to mention i can take whatever class I want just because. Also, we rent text books, we don't have to buy them. Which saves me so much money! Oh yeah, we have free laundry too! :D

High school was a nightmare for me. I didn't get along with students or the teachers and I was always in trouble with someone. All I could do was pray college was going to be better and you know what, it was. The biggest thing I wish I would have done over the past few years is relax and trust yourself. I spent too much time uptight about things that didn't matter and the rest of the time I was too worried I would do something wrong. If I would have just relaxed and been myself sooner I would have liked my freshman year more. However, every experience I've had lead me to where I am now. From being bullied to being in a sorority officer, from severe depression to counseling those who need it, from an abusive relationship to meeting the man of my dreams. College has been amazing and I almost don't want to leave!

Bridget

It's close to where I grew up and my workplace. I'm a homebody and it's nice for me to still be able to work 20 hours a week at the job I've had since I was a junior in high school, which helps me support myself, and also be able to see my family whenever I want to.

1. Teach yourself how to study. I understand, it's boring. Nobody likes it. You wont regret learning how to study while you're still in high school instead of trying to figure it out in college. 2. Don't drink underage. Your freshman year in college you will watch people around you spiral downwards. Friends from your new school, friends from home, your roommate. They drink underage, get caught, get in trouble, and you're about to see many of them drop out. Alcohol can wait until your 21. It isn't worth the risk. 3. You CAN be a pharmacist. There are so many days full of struggle, so many times you wonder if it's the right major for you.. It is. You are smart enough. You will have to push yourself, but you will make it. I will make it. Push yourself for the next 6 years and you won't regret it.

The fact that it's a small enough school for me to feel like I, as an individual, matter. I went to a much bigger university as a freshman, and I felt unimportant, which I feel hurt me acidemically. I like being able to have personalized conversations with my professors and have them remember things about me and know who I am.

Nicholle

To my former self I would try to be more involved in campus life. Do not spend all your time working and enjoy being a college student.

This is a really inclusive campus. All my instructors new me by name and I felf comforatable acking them questions. I wish I had known more about activites going on so I could have participated more.

My overall school experience was good. Worst thing about this school was that commuters had to park so far away, but its good excersize.

Matthew

Farmers and Hicks. This is not wrong but it is not completely true. We have a lot of students that are from rural areas of Wisconsin and Minnesota, but we as well have a great attraction to students in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area with our teacher ed program which is one of the best in the country. UWRF is the mixing pot of the rural and urban students

Tiffany

You need a back up plan. I know you're excited to get a softball scholarship and all, but you need to leave room for change. You're going to change; you're going to grow, and you need to allow that to happen. Don't be scared of new experiences. Start looking into scholarships now. Don't assume that softball will take you all the way through college. Also, people are no different. There are tons of people who still revolve around high school drama. Don't get caught up in what they have to say. Be you. Oh, and don't pack so much crap! You're not going to use half of it!

Katelyn

I would tell myself to plan ahead in every way possible. Nothing is going to happen in the way that I expect it to, and I have to be open to the changes that are coming my way. A whole new world is opening up, but it's okay to still love the old one. There is nothing wrong with realizing that I loved high school, even though I would never have admitted it. College may not be the brand new beginning that you were looking for, and a few unpredictable factors are going to come into play, but I am going to learn so much about myself that it will all be worth it. There is no need to be afraid, for I really underestimated myself when I first got to college. However, I would also tell myself to remember that the people at college do not care how cool I think I was in high school. As a new freshman, you have to rebuild your way to the top. Overall, I would make sure that I know that there are people who will always have my back, and that the journey is incredible.

Shelby

There are many things that I wish I would have known going out of my senior year and into my freshman year of college. First of all, I would tell myself to more adamant about applying for scholarships and different financial aid opportunities. I pay for all of my tuition and room and board and have been able to save up just enough money each semester to pay it off, but now I am transferring to a 4 year university and will need more money to pay off my fees and it would have benefited to have applied for more scholarships that I am not eligible for now that I'm in college. I also would have told myself to drastically change my study habits. I did successfully adapt to the college workload, but it was like bending a metal bar. If I would have known what to expect coming into college and had practice spending more time doing school work I would have been more prepared. Lastly, I would have reminded myself that this is just the next step in life and to not spend time worrying about what is coming next, but embrace and take each moment captive.

Kristi

What is unique about UWRF is that we get a home town atmosphere with the large twin cities right next door. It creates great oppertunites for students to get intenships and experience while keeping a small town feel to it. I feel like this alone attracts many students here.

I would tell myself its not so scary, and to relax and connect with people. I am a very shy person, and I think I would have benifted more if I would have jumped in to more school activites right away. I would also have told myself to go out and see the world sooner. There's so many great oppertunites to take advantage of.

Any person who is well driven, and self motivated would do great here. The staff is amazing to work with and is friendly. I believe students who want to progress with the way society is changing to new and better things fit in well here. We look for students with acedemic excellence along with a good social aspect.

Katrina

UW-RF is commonly known as an agriculture school, but it also has very strong education and business programs.

Making the transition from high school to college is deceptively difficult. At first, I believed I had an easy time adjusting to life in the dorms and to the new class structure. My classes weren't that difficult and I already had a plan in place. But because I never had to work much in high school to get good grades, I fell into some bad college habits early on. I let the social side of college become too dominant, and it led me to skip classes and miss assignments. My first semester I earned the lowest grades I've ever had, all because I didn't take the education side of college seriously enough. Even though I turned my behavior around for the rest of my college career, the mark doesn't go away. Meanwhile, the things and people I did focus on are no longer a part of my life. My advice would be this: never forget that the reason you're in college is to get an education. Everything else is just frosting on the cake.

The thing that made me decide to stay at UW-RF was the fact that all my professors knew who I was. Class sizes were small, and every day I knew I could get individualized, personal attention to my questions.

University of Wisconsin-River Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.