River Falls, WI
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls

Theresa

If I were to go back to my High School Senior self I would start by telling myself to take college more seriously and get it over with. You have a scholarship for a short period of time that will pay for school, don’t wait and waist free money that you worked so hard at in high school to earn. It is not as easy, or cheap, as it seemed at the time to go back after taking a long break. Starting a family early is not the best idea and waiting until you have completed college to do so will lead to the most fulfilling life for not only you but also for your future children and the whole family. I know that you think you know it all right now but in reality you don’t and you will fall much harder if you don’t realize that this is fact. With that, try to give you mom a little bit of credit she has lived a lot longer than you and has a lot of life lessons that she can teach you so that you don’t have to learn for yourself the hard way.

Kana

The Univeristy Of Wisconsin River Falls is an amazing place to be. University Of Wisconsin River Falls is not too much of a bigger school nor is it not too much of a smaller school, but is just the right amout of size for students to feel comfortable to be in. It is a very diverse school which gives out a better learning experience for me as a stuent to learn. There are awesome teachers who really care about their students and they really help when it is needed for suggestions, editing papers, and other ways to study for exams.

The biggest and most advice that I would give myself is to continue on applying for as many scholarship I possibly can in order to not make my parents be the one who is helping to pay for my tuition right now. I could have listened to my parents about taking the oppurtunity to apply as much scholarship as I can so that I won't have to apply for loans that will create more interests for me in the future. As for right now, it is hard to find a decent job that will pay a good amount of money to work and because all I want to do is focus on is school, it is very difficult to find time to work and earn money. Motivation is one of the key things about being a high school senior transitioning into a student who is attending college. Without motivation, there is no way to become successful in life and in doing so, we students should not have to worry about money for college, but to have strength and motivation to apply for as many grants and scholarships out there in order to work harder in life.

When I talk to my friends about the University Of Wisonsin River Falls, I talk about how the tuition is an awesome price because compared to all the other universities, we all recieve most of the resources that we need as a university to become a success. We do not have to pay for our books for every semester because it is counted as our tuition already. However, the people I meet at my school are very nice and out going. They are my inspiration because they all are striving for a better future and to become successful in life.

Brooke

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to speak with a career counselor before leaving high school becuase they are there to help students figure out a career goal. I would tell myself to live in a dorm, even though I cringed at the thought. Get involved with as many activities and clubs as possible, its the easiest way to meet people with your interests. Early on in college take advantage of the research opportunities, internships and study abroad programs. They are great learning experiences and look great on your resume. Ask as many questions as possible, ask for help. Make myself stand out. its easier to come back from making mistakes in college than in real life.

A person interested in agricultural science.

The most frusterating aspect of UW-River is working with the financial aid department, registrar and offices like that. They are not friendly or willing to help. They talk down to students. They make students feel like their questions and concerns are a major inconvenience.

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is a friendly, family, environment with excellent professors.

For starters, when looking into a laptop and printer, get one that suits your needs right away instead of having to go back and puchase something else. Also when you are at college, the professors make you print out alot of notes and stuff. Don't be afraid of using too much paper. It's normal to print out a book's worth of notes. Also, make sure to bring all of your clothes. There will be some classes that you will need to dress up for in a business, professional type manner. Lastly, there is no such thing as being too prepared. It's one of those things where you would rather have too much than not enough.

The campus is basically all in one area instead of being spread out all over a big city.

richard

Dear Richard, When you get to college there are a couple of things that you should start doing right away. First of all, you should start studying for the GRE from day one. By the time you are ready to take the test they will be realising a new version. This being said it is very important that you sign up to take the old version. Second, it would be very beneficial for you to take a latin course. This should help your verbal GRE score. In addition, you will have many opportunities to conduct research. It is important that you take advantage of all of them. Finally, do not ever give up! Stay resilient! You are smart and will do great things do not let little things, or big for that matter, stand in your way. I will not say where, but I do want you to know that you accepted a Phd offer from a division one school. In turn, stop stressing out. -Richard

Johannah

Many of my classmates are hardworking anf will be sucessful in their futures.

Many of my classmates are hardworking anf will be sucessful in their futures.

I would tell myself to buy a planner and be organized. There are times when you become overwhelmed and forget to do things like assignments and socail activities. Not only do you feel guilty but it also gives you a bad reputation.

The worst thing about UWRF is the advisors. They are helpful when they want to be but for the most part, if something doesn't benefit them, they don't help.

MaiNhoua

I came to college unprepared and not knowing what I was about to get myself into. If I could go back in time to when I was in high school, I will tell myself to prepare more for college. In high school, I did many college visits but I never had the chance to join a pre-college program that supported financial aid. If I could I would definitely go back and make myself join a pre-college program that would get me ready for the challanges of college. I would also take more challenging classes and study harder to obtain good study habits. My first year in college I had several problem with finances. If I knew that I would be providing myself with my own class materials I would have saved more. I would have told myself to set goals for what I want to accomplish in college and start them as soon as possible.

the food in the cafeteria need to upgrade.

the cafeteria food and not enough of study rooms. also the cafeteria need to be upgraded.

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is a wonderful school. It is most commonly known for its Education and Agriculture Programs. River Falls is top ten in the nation for its Education program. Going into Education personally, I have seen the strength of this program and I feel blessed to be attending such an accredited school. Although they specialize in those two programs, River Falls offers a wide variety of majors. Academic advisors are extremely helpful in assisting students find the major that is most suited for their personality.

Having completed my freshman year of college, I wish that I could go back to senior year and give myself a few pieces of advice. First, I have always been an extremely hard working and dedicated student. This is something I am very proud of. However, I would recommend to myself to not stress. This is something much easier said than done. I am a perfectionist, therefore, I often stress easily over projects, finances, tests, and assignments. When other students study the night before, I start studying and preparing weeks before the assignment is actually due. This past year though I learned that it does not good to stress. Another piece of advice that I would give myself would be to not take “senior classes”, but rather intense courses that would prepare myself for the college load. Like most seniors, I chose to take a variety of courses that did not greatly challenge myself. I experienced the result of this during my first year of college. To all high school students, I recommend taking advantage of College Prep classes and not take one-minute for granted, all too soon High School will be over and you will enter real world.

I grew up in Hudson, which is fifteen minutes away from campus. Because of the closeness, often times UWRF is overlooked. Despite this, I strongly feel that River Falls is a wonderful school that should not be overlooked. I believe that River Falls has much to offer. This includes small class sizes and a beautiful campus. I believe that the class size has a major impact on a student’s ability to learn. River Falls is a beautiful small town that has activities for every season and UWRF has worked to maintain a beautiful, rich campus.

Agriculture majors inlcuding a great dairy science program and pre-vet program. In Wisconsin, UW-River Falls has the most success with students being accepted into vet schools with only 3 years of undergraduate studies.

If I could go back, the first thing I would say is don't procrastinate. I have had way to many late nights attempting to finish homework and big projects. This then leads to falling asleep in class the next day, so I would advice myself to get enough sleep and pay attention in class, even though I know all the material. College isn't just about the grades and classes, so I would tell myself to get out of my comfort zone and meet new people. I would say get involved in as much as possible right away. The more people you meet and can connect with the better. I would say it is good not to have a job the first semester. The workload picks up in about a month and I am glad I had that time to study for tests and finish homework. Overall I would say not to worry about it because change can be a good thing. College is part of growing up and discovering who you are. Don't sit in your room waiting for an oppurtunity to arise, go out and make them yourself.

University of Wisconsin-River Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.