River Falls, WI
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is a friendly, family, environment with excellent professors.

For starters, when looking into a laptop and printer, get one that suits your needs right away instead of having to go back and puchase something else. Also when you are at college, the professors make you print out alot of notes and stuff. Don't be afraid of using too much paper. It's normal to print out a book's worth of notes. Also, make sure to bring all of your clothes. There will be some classes that you will need to dress up for in a business, professional type manner. Lastly, there is no such thing as being too prepared. It's one of those things where you would rather have too much than not enough.

The campus is basically all in one area instead of being spread out all over a big city.

richard

Dear Richard, When you get to college there are a couple of things that you should start doing right away. First of all, you should start studying for the GRE from day one. By the time you are ready to take the test they will be realising a new version. This being said it is very important that you sign up to take the old version. Second, it would be very beneficial for you to take a latin course. This should help your verbal GRE score. In addition, you will have many opportunities to conduct research. It is important that you take advantage of all of them. Finally, do not ever give up! Stay resilient! You are smart and will do great things do not let little things, or big for that matter, stand in your way. I will not say where, but I do want you to know that you accepted a Phd offer from a division one school. In turn, stop stressing out. -Richard

Johannah

Many of my classmates are hardworking anf will be sucessful in their futures.

Many of my classmates are hardworking anf will be sucessful in their futures.

I would tell myself to buy a planner and be organized. There are times when you become overwhelmed and forget to do things like assignments and socail activities. Not only do you feel guilty but it also gives you a bad reputation.

The worst thing about UWRF is the advisors. They are helpful when they want to be but for the most part, if something doesn't benefit them, they don't help.

MaiNhoua

I came to college unprepared and not knowing what I was about to get myself into. If I could go back in time to when I was in high school, I will tell myself to prepare more for college. In high school, I did many college visits but I never had the chance to join a pre-college program that supported financial aid. If I could I would definitely go back and make myself join a pre-college program that would get me ready for the challanges of college. I would also take more challenging classes and study harder to obtain good study habits. My first year in college I had several problem with finances. If I knew that I would be providing myself with my own class materials I would have saved more. I would have told myself to set goals for what I want to accomplish in college and start them as soon as possible.

the food in the cafeteria need to upgrade.

the cafeteria food and not enough of study rooms. also the cafeteria need to be upgraded.

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is a wonderful school. It is most commonly known for its Education and Agriculture Programs. River Falls is top ten in the nation for its Education program. Going into Education personally, I have seen the strength of this program and I feel blessed to be attending such an accredited school. Although they specialize in those two programs, River Falls offers a wide variety of majors. Academic advisors are extremely helpful in assisting students find the major that is most suited for their personality.

Having completed my freshman year of college, I wish that I could go back to senior year and give myself a few pieces of advice. First, I have always been an extremely hard working and dedicated student. This is something I am very proud of. However, I would recommend to myself to not stress. This is something much easier said than done. I am a perfectionist, therefore, I often stress easily over projects, finances, tests, and assignments. When other students study the night before, I start studying and preparing weeks before the assignment is actually due. This past year though I learned that it does not good to stress. Another piece of advice that I would give myself would be to not take “senior classes”, but rather intense courses that would prepare myself for the college load. Like most seniors, I chose to take a variety of courses that did not greatly challenge myself. I experienced the result of this during my first year of college. To all high school students, I recommend taking advantage of College Prep classes and not take one-minute for granted, all too soon High School will be over and you will enter real world.

I grew up in Hudson, which is fifteen minutes away from campus. Because of the closeness, often times UWRF is overlooked. Despite this, I strongly feel that River Falls is a wonderful school that should not be overlooked. I believe that River Falls has much to offer. This includes small class sizes and a beautiful campus. I believe that the class size has a major impact on a student’s ability to learn. River Falls is a beautiful small town that has activities for every season and UWRF has worked to maintain a beautiful, rich campus.

Agriculture majors inlcuding a great dairy science program and pre-vet program. In Wisconsin, UW-River Falls has the most success with students being accepted into vet schools with only 3 years of undergraduate studies.

If I could go back, the first thing I would say is don't procrastinate. I have had way to many late nights attempting to finish homework and big projects. This then leads to falling asleep in class the next day, so I would advice myself to get enough sleep and pay attention in class, even though I know all the material. College isn't just about the grades and classes, so I would tell myself to get out of my comfort zone and meet new people. I would say get involved in as much as possible right away. The more people you meet and can connect with the better. I would say it is good not to have a job the first semester. The workload picks up in about a month and I am glad I had that time to study for tests and finish homework. Overall I would say not to worry about it because change can be a good thing. College is part of growing up and discovering who you are. Don't sit in your room waiting for an oppurtunity to arise, go out and make them yourself.

Cristina

The classmates on campus are really out - going people, down to earth, and have the soul to learn at this University. Having the motivation and the positive attitude towards their professors and their classmates makes things better on campus because we are like a family we treat each other equally we don't put down any individual who is attending this University because everyone here!....Is a family member in Vanguard University.

Out if this college experience I have learned so much, get know people, different individuals who have different backgrounds, and much more out this college. I have seen students grow spiritually. physically,and emotionally. This tells me that indivisuals here want make a differenece in their lives and in the lives of others. So they can be an example to the world and to their families who don't believe in that difference in making their lives not be easy as it is because everyday in life we have challenege and obstacles standing in our way, feeling overwhelmed, depressed, anxious, disappointed, and other types of feelings, but no...we have a different state of mind to change how feel because we start thinking about it that's how we are going to react towards the situation. And changing that thinking or that mind-set we have someone who is greater and who can make it possible is the Lord, Jesus Christ who gives us the strength and the wisdom to do things in this life.

I would probably wish to know the whole school, the whole faculty because many of them are centered Christian people and have so much potential and want to keep the name of God in the school not like other schools out there that want to take down the name of Jesus. But I definetly wanted to know more of each of the individual on campus who works there and wants their students to reach their goals and dreams of becoming who they want to be in life. That is the kind of faculty I want to meet.

Kelly

My classmates are from many diverse backgrounds from big city to farm country; we all love to have fun together and are proud of how we do in school.

College has given me the chance to explore new ideas and re-evaluate all of the beliefs I held when I came to University. It opens new doors to discover the real "me" and to become the best person I can be. Beyond learning more about myself, I have come to know a lot more about the world that surrounds me. College has given me new perspectives on all sorts of things including citizenship, ethics, nature, science, and the value of a liberal arts education. I am very grateful for the opportunity to attend college because I know that in the future the knowledge I am gaining there will be indespensible.

The food in the cafeteria is only its best on visit days and they tend to not plow the parking lots very often so my car gets stuck a lot.

Asher

River Fall is a physically plain campus, as none of the architecture is very eye catching and little more than lawn is scattered between to fill the gaps, but the people are anything but; the professors are colorful, vibrant, excited about their careers and do all they can to help their students, the pupils' backgrounds range from farm kid to band geek, and the range of classes available make it possible for anyone to make River Falls their home.

Agriculture has always been River Falls' forte, as it was originally built to meet the educational needs of farmers in the surrounding area.

When I first started college, I was not so much excited for the classes as I was for the nightlife; the wee-hour dance parties were much more enticing than the laborious classes. But as my first college year fades away and a second year shoulders on, I'm finding that there is quite more to be said for the humble study hours than I first thought. I have found that the ecstasy of a wild party may be great for a few hours, but the pride in my accomplishments lasts tenfold longer. Truly, the only thing more exilerating than achievements through hard work is the joy of true learning. My college experience has taught me that the best happiness is being able to apply what I've learned to help myself and others. The value of this lesson is boundless to all manners of work, useful to any walk of life, and I know I will hold on to it dearly. I plan to learn a lot more than just this virtue in college; but if that is all I take away, well, I think I'll still do alright.

University of Wisconsin-River Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.