River Falls, WI
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls

Cristina

The classmates on campus are really out - going people, down to earth, and have the soul to learn at this University. Having the motivation and the positive attitude towards their professors and their classmates makes things better on campus because we are like a family we treat each other equally we don't put down any individual who is attending this University because everyone here!....Is a family member in Vanguard University.

Out if this college experience I have learned so much, get know people, different individuals who have different backgrounds, and much more out this college. I have seen students grow spiritually. physically,and emotionally. This tells me that indivisuals here want make a differenece in their lives and in the lives of others. So they can be an example to the world and to their families who don't believe in that difference in making their lives not be easy as it is because everyday in life we have challenege and obstacles standing in our way, feeling overwhelmed, depressed, anxious, disappointed, and other types of feelings, but no...we have a different state of mind to change how feel because we start thinking about it that's how we are going to react towards the situation. And changing that thinking or that mind-set we have someone who is greater and who can make it possible is the Lord, Jesus Christ who gives us the strength and the wisdom to do things in this life.

I would probably wish to know the whole school, the whole faculty because many of them are centered Christian people and have so much potential and want to keep the name of God in the school not like other schools out there that want to take down the name of Jesus. But I definetly wanted to know more of each of the individual on campus who works there and wants their students to reach their goals and dreams of becoming who they want to be in life. That is the kind of faculty I want to meet.

Kelly

My classmates are from many diverse backgrounds from big city to farm country; we all love to have fun together and are proud of how we do in school.

College has given me the chance to explore new ideas and re-evaluate all of the beliefs I held when I came to University. It opens new doors to discover the real "me" and to become the best person I can be. Beyond learning more about myself, I have come to know a lot more about the world that surrounds me. College has given me new perspectives on all sorts of things including citizenship, ethics, nature, science, and the value of a liberal arts education. I am very grateful for the opportunity to attend college because I know that in the future the knowledge I am gaining there will be indespensible.

The food in the cafeteria is only its best on visit days and they tend to not plow the parking lots very often so my car gets stuck a lot.

Asher

River Fall is a physically plain campus, as none of the architecture is very eye catching and little more than lawn is scattered between to fill the gaps, but the people are anything but; the professors are colorful, vibrant, excited about their careers and do all they can to help their students, the pupils' backgrounds range from farm kid to band geek, and the range of classes available make it possible for anyone to make River Falls their home.

Agriculture has always been River Falls' forte, as it was originally built to meet the educational needs of farmers in the surrounding area.

When I first started college, I was not so much excited for the classes as I was for the nightlife; the wee-hour dance parties were much more enticing than the laborious classes. But as my first college year fades away and a second year shoulders on, I'm finding that there is quite more to be said for the humble study hours than I first thought. I have found that the ecstasy of a wild party may be great for a few hours, but the pride in my accomplishments lasts tenfold longer. Truly, the only thing more exilerating than achievements through hard work is the joy of true learning. My college experience has taught me that the best happiness is being able to apply what I've learned to help myself and others. The value of this lesson is boundless to all manners of work, useful to any walk of life, and I know I will hold on to it dearly. I plan to learn a lot more than just this virtue in college; but if that is all I take away, well, I think I'll still do alright.

My classmates are 70% diverse, 100% open-minded and friendly.

My classmates are 70% diverse, 100% open-minded and friendly.

I got an invaluable lifetime experience that only a higher learning institution could offer. I got to meet others with drastically different viewpoints, backgrounds, and languages and from them, I learned, changed, and became a better person.

It's a "suitcase" school, which means it's virtually dead on weekends. However, it's beneficial to academic achievement because you are 100% able to focus on homework and studying.

Nathaniel

The school is a close community that lets you get to know many students around you long with the teachers, to feel close and at home.

I have learned hw to grow into what the real wold is like today. It may be hard but working harder will make the trasistion a lot better, and doing the work now is better than later.

There is not really one bad thing about the school but if I had to choose one I would say it is out in the middle of nowhere, not by a large city.

My school is best known for its elementary education major. It is number one in the top five majors at my school.

My school is unique because of how tight knit the campus is. The campus is only a mile long and it's like the whole campus is a family growing together.

From my college experience, I have grown to be a better person. I have learned from my college experience about how to become an adult and be more responsible in the decisions I make. It has been valuable to attend because I am learning so much that will make me more successful in life.

Kaitlin

Helpful and going through the same things as me.

Helpful and going through the same things as me.

It has been valuable for me to attend college because it has opened doors for me that otherwise would have remained closed if I hadn?t taken the opportunity to stretch my mind and discover my place in this college, city, state, country, and world. At the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, I?ve had the opportunity to be a student manager in the First-Year Experience Office to welcome new students to our campus on registration and orientation days, take interactive courses towards my degree in Elementary Education, study abroad in Scotland, and make many new friendships that will last me a lifetime. In the year that I have left at this university, I will be student teaching in Australia and then in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I plan on using these experiences to make me a better teacher and person by keeping an open mind; something I learned to do as a college student. It is clear to me that my time spent in college is equipping me with the tools I need to be an active, educated member of society.

The cold winters and that the food can sometimes be disappointing.

Tyler

Classmates at UWRF are diverse, outgoing, passionate, and enthusiastic students that strive to better themselves in every way...

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would want to tell myself two important things that would influence my future life in college. The first and most important thing I would want to tell myself would be to be more active in clubs and community service as a college freshman. I believe that community service can be one of the most rewarding things about the college experience. Community service is important because it offers one the opportunity to give back to others and their community. Clubs can help you develop leadership skills as well as meet new and exciting people that you otherwise would have not met. There are tons of opportunities at UWRF to be involved with community service and clubs. The second thing I would want to tell myself would be to take classes in college that I wouldn't normally think would be interesting to me. By taking different classes outside of my comfort zone I am able to developing a diverse set of skills that opens up new experiences and opportunities that can ultimately lead to a more fulfilling and enriched life.

The worst thing about UWRF is that because classes are so small, usually 30 people or less, It's sometimes hard to get into the classes you want to. Registering for classes is based on senoirity and whether or not the class will count toward your degree. It's hard to develop a diverse skill set when classes are so small. People that desperatly need the class will most likely always get first pick.

Caitlin

It has my biotechnology major and was division 3 so I was able to swim.

It has my biotechnology major and was division 3 so I was able to swim.

Don't be so nervous. It's a lot of fun and you will enjoy it. I was very nervous to be leaving my high school friends and heading off to college by myself. However, I made friends fairly easily through the first-year experience activities that they planned and then once swimming started I had even more friends and people to hang out with.

Jonathan

If I were to go back in time to tell myself about college life i don't know if I would. My transition for high school into college i felt was just right. In order to learn and make myself a better student i needed to both succed and fail. Over the first few months of college I remembered what my mother had been telling me all through High school "you need to stay focused on your work." By keeping focused and not falling into the distractions of college life i have been able to maintan a very good GPA and with a new semester begining i feel that i need to live to this motto and stay focued on the path ahead, a path to my goals and dreams.

The best thing I feel about my high school was it had friendly people who cared about teaching and their students grades. The thing i liked best about it was the AP US History class it was an opportunity to gain college credit which has helped me in college already. This class helped me decide what i wanted to do with my life taking an intrest I had and appling it ti a career.

The thing i disliked about high school was the fact that there was only one advanced placement history class. I feel that social sciences are the most important part of school and we just didn't have engouh compared to the large number of shop and gym classes. Although I took as many history classes as they offered i felt that they were just not that in depth.

University of Wisconsin-River Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.