River Falls, WI
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls

My classmates are 70% diverse, 100% open-minded and friendly.

My classmates are 70% diverse, 100% open-minded and friendly.

I got an invaluable lifetime experience that only a higher learning institution could offer. I got to meet others with drastically different viewpoints, backgrounds, and languages and from them, I learned, changed, and became a better person.

It's a "suitcase" school, which means it's virtually dead on weekends. However, it's beneficial to academic achievement because you are 100% able to focus on homework and studying.

Nathaniel

The school is a close community that lets you get to know many students around you long with the teachers, to feel close and at home.

I have learned hw to grow into what the real wold is like today. It may be hard but working harder will make the trasistion a lot better, and doing the work now is better than later.

There is not really one bad thing about the school but if I had to choose one I would say it is out in the middle of nowhere, not by a large city.

My school is best known for its elementary education major. It is number one in the top five majors at my school.

My school is unique because of how tight knit the campus is. The campus is only a mile long and it's like the whole campus is a family growing together.

From my college experience, I have grown to be a better person. I have learned from my college experience about how to become an adult and be more responsible in the decisions I make. It has been valuable to attend because I am learning so much that will make me more successful in life.

Kaitlin

Helpful and going through the same things as me.

Helpful and going through the same things as me.

It has been valuable for me to attend college because it has opened doors for me that otherwise would have remained closed if I hadn?t taken the opportunity to stretch my mind and discover my place in this college, city, state, country, and world. At the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, I?ve had the opportunity to be a student manager in the First-Year Experience Office to welcome new students to our campus on registration and orientation days, take interactive courses towards my degree in Elementary Education, study abroad in Scotland, and make many new friendships that will last me a lifetime. In the year that I have left at this university, I will be student teaching in Australia and then in Wisconsin or Minnesota. I plan on using these experiences to make me a better teacher and person by keeping an open mind; something I learned to do as a college student. It is clear to me that my time spent in college is equipping me with the tools I need to be an active, educated member of society.

The cold winters and that the food can sometimes be disappointing.

Tyler

Classmates at UWRF are diverse, outgoing, passionate, and enthusiastic students that strive to better themselves in every way...

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would want to tell myself two important things that would influence my future life in college. The first and most important thing I would want to tell myself would be to be more active in clubs and community service as a college freshman. I believe that community service can be one of the most rewarding things about the college experience. Community service is important because it offers one the opportunity to give back to others and their community. Clubs can help you develop leadership skills as well as meet new and exciting people that you otherwise would have not met. There are tons of opportunities at UWRF to be involved with community service and clubs. The second thing I would want to tell myself would be to take classes in college that I wouldn't normally think would be interesting to me. By taking different classes outside of my comfort zone I am able to developing a diverse set of skills that opens up new experiences and opportunities that can ultimately lead to a more fulfilling and enriched life.

The worst thing about UWRF is that because classes are so small, usually 30 people or less, It's sometimes hard to get into the classes you want to. Registering for classes is based on senoirity and whether or not the class will count toward your degree. It's hard to develop a diverse skill set when classes are so small. People that desperatly need the class will most likely always get first pick.

Caitlin

It has my biotechnology major and was division 3 so I was able to swim.

It has my biotechnology major and was division 3 so I was able to swim.

Don't be so nervous. It's a lot of fun and you will enjoy it. I was very nervous to be leaving my high school friends and heading off to college by myself. However, I made friends fairly easily through the first-year experience activities that they planned and then once swimming started I had even more friends and people to hang out with.

Jonathan

If I were to go back in time to tell myself about college life i don't know if I would. My transition for high school into college i felt was just right. In order to learn and make myself a better student i needed to both succed and fail. Over the first few months of college I remembered what my mother had been telling me all through High school "you need to stay focused on your work." By keeping focused and not falling into the distractions of college life i have been able to maintan a very good GPA and with a new semester begining i feel that i need to live to this motto and stay focued on the path ahead, a path to my goals and dreams.

The best thing I feel about my high school was it had friendly people who cared about teaching and their students grades. The thing i liked best about it was the AP US History class it was an opportunity to gain college credit which has helped me in college already. This class helped me decide what i wanted to do with my life taking an intrest I had and appling it ti a career.

The thing i disliked about high school was the fact that there was only one advanced placement history class. I feel that social sciences are the most important part of school and we just didn't have engouh compared to the large number of shop and gym classes. Although I took as many history classes as they offered i felt that they were just not that in depth.

Amy

As a high school senior, I had many questions about college life and how I would adjust. As I was packing up to start a whole new chapter in my life, I was excited yet full of anticipation. Looking back as a college sophomore, the one topic I wish I could have warned myself about is balance. I spent virtually my first two college semesters in my dorm room. While I desired to branch out and explore various extra-curricular activities, the pressure I placed on myself to obtain perfect grades hindered my social life. This year I have become more actively involved in bible studies, clubs, and volunteer opportunities. Despite venturing out of my dorm room and campus library, my grades did not suffer like I had feared. Learning how to manage your time is so important in order to get the most out of your college experience. I have learned that college is not just a means to an end. Instead of focusing on the degree at the end of the tunnel, it is vital to simply enjoy the ride. After all, not all life lessons can be learned from textbooks; people must go out and experience them.

Since my college is located in a small town, many students assume there is nothing to do on campus for fun besides drinking. Although, I have chosen to not take part in drinking or partying, it is still remains a part of the college atmosphere. While I have found plently of extra-curricular activities that do not involve drinking, it bothers me that my school has the reputation of being a "party school."

What seperates UW-River Falls from other public universities is it's close knit community. As I walk around campus, I often catch myself thinking I am at a small private college. Coming from a smaller high school, the size of the university allowed for an easier transition. I am very greatful for the small class sizes as well. The professors clearly care about their students and desire for them to succeed. I never have to go through a Teachers Aid; rather, I can directly ask a professor any question I might have.

Alicia

If I could go back to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to get more sleep. Staying up to the wee hours of the morning to cram for a test is not worth the consequences. I would tell myself to learn better study habits so that I would be able to rest peacefully at night, fully knowing that I was prepared for the exam the following day. That way, I would have prevented myself from the consequences the lack of sleep brought. I wouldn't have missed the the last month of my senior year in high school because of mono. If I'd slept more, I would have been able to take pictures with my friends after graduation or go out to eat with my family. Instead, I hardly remember that day. A whole month of foggy memories, memories that should have been some of the most fun, memorable times of my youth. So whats the key to avoiding this or other consequences? The answer is sleep. Therefore, if I could go back, I would send a letter to myself that said, "Dear Alicia, please get enough sleep. You'll thank me someday. Sincerely, Youself."

The worst thing about my campus is the athletic facilities. The football stadium is old and not worthy of a college football team. We also dont have much for a soccer field. It is much more like a patch of grass behind the football stadium than a place to play soccer. I think that after new athletic facilities are built a wider variety of students will be drawn to this school. In the end, this will benefit everyone involved with UW-River Falls.

Dan

My classmates are generally agriculture majors. However, the fellow english majors that I talk with are extremely intelligent and hard working. They share many of the same passions for writing, reading and creativity that I have.

I would tell myself to start seeking out help in math right from the begining of the semester. Even though I knew that math does not come easy for me, I told myself that I could handle the class just fine on my own. I was extremely wrong and now have to take the class again next year.

I wish I had know the difficulty of even basic level math. As an english major, math is deffinitly not my strong point.

University of Wisconsin-River Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.