River Falls, WI
University of Wisconsin-River Falls

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-River Falls

Lindsay

My classmates are friendly, respectfull to others, funny, and career oriented.

My classmates are friendly, respectfull to others, funny, and career oriented.

First off I would tell myself to learn some great study skills. I always studied one way, but sometimes that don't work out. Secondly I would tell myself to take some AP courses or some college courses because you end up taking them classes anyway oonce you get to college so why not get them done earlier. Lastly I would tell myself don't be afraid of talking to new people, everyone is just as scared as you, so make the first move.

The most frustrating thing at my school is that some teachers think that they are so much better than their students. This can cause teachers to be mean about answering your questions, and also it causes unfriendly friendships. It makes learning in the classroom less fun and enjoyable whn you have a teacher correcting you or telling you are wrong all the time. That is why we don't raise our hands anymore to anwser questions. Teachers need to be more on our level than up on theres.

Jabaar

My school is best known for its football team.

My school is best known for its football team.

If I was to go back in time to my high school self I would start off warning myself about the work and how much you must study to do the work. I would also myself to get used to waking up in the morning to go to morning classes. I would tell myself that I must make sure I am responsible enough to go to class on time and make myself do my homework because when in college your parents cant help you by pushing you to do your homework.

I consider the housing to be the worst thing about my school.

Wendy

I would tell myself to not hold back when I got here, to jump into everything that interested me! I would want to talk to random people in the lunch room and ask If I could sit with them. Getting off to a strong start by planning for when semester projects are due and to not procrastinate would be a major tip to give myself. Attending campus sponsered events like concerts, speakers, and demonstrations would be another piece of advice that would allow me to adjust to college life.

That I didn't wan't to major in Elementary Education; I would have like to start off right away with history.

The campus is absolutely beautiful and we have so much green grass to appreciate. Our teachers know our names and class sizes are small. The campus is inclusive, so there is never a long ways to walk, anywhere.

Jeffrey

Going away from home was as good as you thought it was going to be. It is a new adventure and you encounter things for the first time. Remember to find that balance between school and social life. Don't let it take over like I seen it do to some people. School is there to educate you. General education classes are something you just have to deal with. Just pass them to get into your major classes and you will finally enjoy class. The people you will meet will change your life. You'll look back and realize that even though you just met these people less than a year and a half ago, you can't imagine life without them. These people will help you succeed when things aren't going the way you planned. Things will go astray. Just learn to accept the fact and move on. Even though at the time your problem will seem like the biggest mountain to cross, when you look back, it'll seem like an ant hill. College is not easy. For once you'll have to apply yourself at your studies. Just remember you're there for a reason. Experience.

There is nothing that really comes out as being bad. Everything is just fine.

Classes in general. Just because I am not a very school type of person.

Courtney

I would tell myself not to go so far away because family is very important and its not worth leaving them. I would also tell myself that a big school is not the place for me, because it is very hard to make friends and get to know your classmates.

I wish I had known more about the school in general

A person who does not like small schools, or who who lives far away and are not sure what they want to do for a major.

Heather

Don't take time off from school, it just makes things that much harder, and just keep pushing yourself towards your goal. Remember nothing can stand in your way!

I can't think of any type of person that should not attend the UWRF. We have programs for anyone who is willing to apply themselves, and we are a very culturally diverse campus.

I love the location, and how everyone there is willing to help you out. This campus has everyting you can ask for in a small town setting not to far from home. We have a great Agricultural and animal science program with livestock to work, and a rodeo team that works together to travel the circut.

Mary

I would try to keep my grades higher in high school and also try to do better on my ACT. I would also spend more time looking into what college to attend by going on a campus tour and looking better into my options.

The campus is very environmentally friendly. They try very hard to be green.

Anyone is accepted, but not very ethnically diverse.

Jenny

I would tell myself that even though it's fustrating and annoying to study every night and work hard in class, college isn't like high school were you can get away with not studying or barely studying you really have to put in effort, I learned that the hard way, if you work at it you can get it done! And if you have a hard here don't let it get you down, keep working on it, if you hit bottom the only way to go is up!

I think the worst part is that fact it is a party school

If I had a chance to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to not let anything hold you back. If there is something you really want to do, do it. I would also tell myself to be more involved and take advantage of every opportunity. You never know who you might meet by randomly talking to people or going to a new event. Even if there is something you may not want to do, do it. The things you might learn from these opportunities and the experiences you might have could be the best of your life. Don't be afraid to take risks and do things on your own. You will learn that you don't always need the approval of other people and will not always have approval from some people. You may be afraid to leave home and you family, but don't be. The first week is the hardest, it only gets easier. As far as school goes, just do the best that you can. College is a once in a lifetime experience, don't regret not doing something because you were too scared to do it.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone who is able to learn about topics other than just what theyare interested in. Tere are alot of general education requirements nd many of those requirements are in areas that you may not be familiar with. A person also needs to be self-motivated to attend this school. Many of the professors do not take attendance, so it can be very tempting to skip classes, You jusst have to remember that you are paing to be here.

Cost is obviously a big factor but I recommend you visiting the college. If it potentially feels like home right away, or you feel confortable just being there, I recommend that you choose that one. As far as making the most of your college experience, I say be involved as much as possible. THis gives you the opportunity to meet some amazing people., which could potentially be your friends for life. Also work hard, but don't get too carried away with grades. Grades don't define you as a person, and if you study and do your best, and get the help you need when you need it, than that is all they could ask.

I honestly cant think of anything thats bad about this school.

The only thing i can think of is someone whos program we dont offer.

University of Wisconsin-River Falls administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.