University of Wisconsin-River Falls Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Wisconsin-River Falls

BreeAnna

I really love UWRF. The teachers are very smart and also very kind towards their students and co-workers. The students going to UWRF always want to learn and are all great and responsible people. I have made plenty of friends on campus. Also the campus is nice and there is a great place for students to hang out after class and during weekends.

Madison

I like how your website explains college life.

River Falls is very small city right on the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin. Its for students who don't like small cities to get to the next closest bigger city. The academics at this school are similar to most universities but some professors can be rude at times when it comes to talking to students. Overall a good school and campus but financial aid takes forever to send out.

Marisa

UWRF is a great college if you are looking for a small tight community. This college is known for its Ag. and Teaching programs. The classes sizes are usually 10-20 students. You really get to know your professor and they get to know you. The social life here is quite nice, you have to get yourself out there in order to be involved. Although the college is pretty dead on the weekends, I personally love it because I don't like people. The dorms are okay, not the worst I can say. The advisors and professors really wants the best for you, so please reach out and be vocal! Do not be scared. Their job is to help you, so let them do that. If you come to UWRF, please please please join a club or have a group of friends. Explore the Main street and the thrift stores! I am only into my second semester here and excited to start spring semester! I hope this help you.

University of Wisconsin- River Falls is a beautiful school, everyone is nice, teachers are there to help you out, and everything is close together. The community is very open and the town is a nice place to live in. I transferred here from another school and it was smaller than my last one but i felt welcomed and was ready to be engaged with the school and the chemistry department.

I love the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. There were so many factors of the University and the town that interested me. It was a relatively small town, close to the Twin Cities, a variety of art classes and study abroad opportunities, and it's a huge school for students interested in Animal Science or Agriculture.

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls may be small in size but offers the opportunity for students to feel welcome into their community. A day never goes by when you don't see someone you know on your way to class. River Falls has the ability to give you that small town feel while away from your family and friends. The class sizes never go beyond 70 students which allowing students to have more in-depth discussions and relationship building. One of the highlights of this school are the two campus farms. Even if you arn't an agriculture major, you may find yourself growing to love taking a bike ride out by the farms just to pet the animals. While many choose to major in agriculture, many other opportunities are offered, specifically in the music, psychology, education, and science programs. Overall, River Falls is a great place to start off your freshman year in an inclusive and welcoming school on a gorgeous campus in the country.

Olivia

Coming from a small rural high school, I love the University of Wisconsin-River Falls! It is the perfect school for me. At first, as expected with most schools of any size, the classes for general education requirements filled quickly and the class sizes were roughly 100-150. When classes pertain more to your degree, they are smaller, usually between 15-50 or so. As far as the people, there are many students pursuing various degrees with diverse backgrounds. People are very friendly and you rarely have to worry about making friends. The campus offers many opportunities to get involved too. They have organizations for everyone and you can easily start one if you want. One big thing about this university is it has multiple lab farms for the students to learn and interact with. In addition, the books here are FREE! From what I know at this stage, the education is pretty good too. I feel confident that I will be able to go into the career world and succeed. The dorms are decent. They have free laundry, nice rooms, nice study areas, and nice social rooms for collaboration. For food, there are a quite a few options. They have little food caterers built within the university center along with a buffet style commons area. The food within the commons is pretty regular. They normally have the same food groups each week. There is also a little store for food and hygienic products which is very helpful too. For weekends the campus is very empty. Many people leave and go do things off campus. For crime, I feel pretty safe here. As far as the community goes, there are various activities to participate in in the city. There is a park nearby, hiking trails, fishing spots, historical places, churches, schools, shops, restaurants, stores, and if River Falls doesn't have what you are looking for, the Twin Cities are only 30-45 minutes away.

Alexandra

I really enjoy being at River Falls. There are some things that I would want to see changed: like class diversity, more professors in the Companion Animal field, and for the food to be better. The Animal Science professors are amazing and always willing to help! The atmosphere on campus is fun and inviting.

Gabrielle

Welcoming, close-knit, and beautiful are just a few words that I would use to describe the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Not only are the workers and helpers friendly from day one, but the professors make it a point to remember the names of students. That effort from professors makes this university feel very close-knit. With the friendliness in the River Falls community being so prominent, the beautiful terrain on and off campus is a marvelous bonus. I couldn't have chosen a better place to be than the University of Wisconsin-River Falls.

Savannah

River Falls has an amazing campus and staff. There is always someone who can help with a question or point you in the right direction. The campus is always clean and the facilities are up-to-date or being updated. Most classes are relatively small and therefore you get better interaction with your peers and professors. The campus provides many extra curricular activities and events to keep us entertained. Overall I love being a student at UW River Falls!

Joseph

I love it here at University of Wisconsin-River Falls. The other students are friendly and welcoming as well are the professors. The class sizes are perfect and the professors are always available to talk to and get some extra help. The campus is an absolutely perfect size, you can make it from one end to the other in 15 minutes. There is so much to do and participate in here at River Falls, everything from sports and club sports as well as academic clubs. I am very happy with my choice to enroll at UWRF.

Kali

Great school with lots of opportunities! The professors are great and class sizes are perfect. Food is okay, and dorm life is okay. The campus is beautiful and everyone is very nice and friendly. Lots of support on campus and activities. I give it a 10/10.

It is a very nice school. Not very bis you can walk from one end to the other in about 30 minutes. It is very easy to find your classes and the buildings. Everyone is very nice and inclusive. The food is okay, could be better. I personally don't like how my major has set things up for how you have to do classes. For education we have a system called tier and their are 4 different tiers and i don't like that.

Courtney

It's a friendly campus with a lot of activities to get involved in on and off campus! The food is good, the people are better (even the professors), and the classes are worth the money. Lots of ag/sci opportunities and labs. It's a small town but the twin cities are a forty-five minute drive away. You won't get bored. Definitely worth it!

Kathryn

UWRF is a very quiet and peaceful campus when compared to other colleges such as La Cross. At first glance, it seems like a large campus that's endless but really it's small and simple place. I love the simplicity of campus but there are issues that must meet the needs of the students, especially the minority groups. My personal experiences taught me that there's no active minority acceptance or conversations that make students feel safe to be themselves. This was most evident when Trump won in the presidential race, there was a decrease of tolerance and acceptance on campus towards the minority groups. During that time I faced racial discrimination which isn't acceptable. No matter what your ethnic, race, or background is there should never be a case of intolerance that threatens a person's well-being. I feel disappointed that UWRF has not taken action on improving minority awareness and acceptance.

River Falls is a diverse and safe campus. I felt accepted and treated like an equal as soon as I arrived. I can't see myself going to a different university than River Falls. The community itself is very friendly and always feels safe. The professors are always willing to help and go above an beyond in order to give their students the best education they can get.

Gabrielle

The main reason I enjoy UW-River Falls is because of the small town feel and the academics they offer. UWRF is placed in a small farm town with plenty of opportunites for an agriculture science major like myself. There are a plethora of farms around to learn from or to recieve employment from. As a result of how small the town is, the campus is as well. There is a closer feel to it, where you actually know and can make friends with your classmates, as well as get to know your professor and they know you too. In addition, the academics as well as hands on labs really make a difference than any other old college. It's a great campus, and although it does have some flaws, it is one of the best in Wisconsin.

Sam

I really love being here, honestly. I've made a lot of great friends who are kind and like-minded, and there's plenty of opportunities to get involved. I'm pretty much never bored. While the food service could use some serious work, I think the campus is great overall.

Heather

I absolutely love this school the class sizes are a perfect amount for students to learn in and the teachers are the best they are always their to help if you need it and even give ideas for things for students to check into for their fields of interest as well. If a teacher is not sure on something they will always get back to you or direct you to someone who can help. They care very much about their students and you can tell they know what they are ding and they make class very fun. They school also has many events for students to go to so they can all get to know each other and have good clean fun. Like bingo or dance parties my favorite was the rodeo they had at the beginning of the school year. It is a very active school that is fun to go to and learn from as well. They are a school that values everything not just sports or science or just the arts. It is a school for everyone and everything as well.

Allison

As a freshman at UWRF, I'm more than happy here on campus. There are several perks to being a student here on campus. The food selection is very large at the cafe, there are several places to study other than the dorms, free laundry, free textbooks, and access to the brand new Falcon Center!

When I first arrived at the school for week of welcome, I thought right then and there I was going to drop out. Now, I've gone through my first year and I am so glad i stuck through it. River Falls is the best decision I've ever made and I honestly couldn't be any happier. The campus is beautiful, everyone is very friendly as normally mid-westerners are, professors are super helpful and always willing to meet with you on your schedule, a great community around the school, a little town with a bunch of possibilities for stores and restaurants. We have the Kinni, and who doesn't love the Kinni?

Nick

River Falls is a great place to live and study! Its a great little town with some shops and the great small town feel. Only 30 minutes from the Twin Cities Metro- there's plenty of things to see and do and they are all close by. The professors are great- very knowledgeable and available. Campus dorms are nice- and larger than most I've been in. The price and experience are both unbeatable. Go Falcons!

Attending the University of Wisconsin-River Falls (UWRF) was a wonderful experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking to further their education beyond high school. First, for those concerned about the cost of college, UWRF is very affordable. I was able to work part-time and pay my way through school entirely out of pocket. Considering its affordability, UWRF offers an incredible educational experience. All of the professors are very knowledgeable and active in research, making them a reliable source for learning. Additionally, the class sizes are small with a maximum of 25 students per class (excluding large, joined classes such as Anatomy and Physiology). I found the education aspect of UWRF to be valuable and competitive. If socializing is important to you, there are many clubs and organizations to get involved in. I am unsure about drug/alcohol use as I refrained from those activities, so in that concern, I am not a reliable source. Athletics are fairly popular, but this is not a division one college, so it is not widely celebrated. It is, however, nice to attend a sporting event for a low price and not have the seats packed. Overall, as I said, my experience at UWRF was wonderful, and I WOULD recommend it to others.

Chloe

From the very first moment I saw the campus of University of Wisconsin-River Falls, I knew it would be a great choice for me. The small class sizes, small community, the range of different athletics and clubs, and the short distance to the twin cities, made it very easy to make a decision. University of Wisconsin-River Falls will be a great start for my next chapter in life.

Malenka

My overall opinion of my school is that they offer a variety of things especially clubs, but there are things they could improve on throughout the campus. Some things River Falls could improve is the food quality, cleanliness of public areas, more places for students to work on their school work, and more job opportunities on campus.

Michaela

Overall, I think this is a pretty great college when you know what you want to major in. The residence hall I live in is updated, so it is really nice to live there. The other ones are not updated and look pretty old. The food has it's good days and bad, usually I can find something I would want to eat. I like the small campus and small class sizes.

McKenzie

I am going to be a current student, but I have visited and I also have a best friend who attends. I love the setup and how safe the area feels. I am extremely excited to begin there, and I think it will be an amazing experience. My best friend also says it is an amazing experience and she is very glad that River Falls is where she chose to go.

Rachael

This university changed my life and provided me with a home like I had never experienced before. I did not think it was possible that colleges actually gave that experience to their students, but I was absolutely wrong. Though it may seem like it is a predominantly agricultural school, it is nearby the city and there are limitless opportunities for diversity and success for students of all walks of life.

Talley

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is definitely an exceptional school. It was the perfect choice for me because it is exactly what I was looking for in a university. River Falls is a small city but it has a lot to offer. The campus isn't spread out too much and there are beautiful paths with great scenery you can take to avoid huge crowds of students when going to class. There are quite a bit of extracurricular activities, intramural sports, and countless clubs a student can and should take advantage of during their time at River Falls. There are grocery stores and small business shops that are just a couple minutes away from campus right down Main Street. Off-campus housing is definitely on the cheaper side and there are many options for housing that are right across the street from the university. There are also a wide-variety of sports that are offered and there is usually a huge student following for most of the sports.

Olivia

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is innovative and inclusive. There are new discoveries everyday on campus, and such accomplishments can be thanks to the amazing staff who let students teach themselves. There is something for everyone on campus and plenty of clubs to try if students are feeling timid.

dani

River Falls is a small town and small college which I personally liked. It is a bit more of a farm/agriculture related college which, again, I was not against. I did go into a health care field which is a small reason that I left River Falls, but it has been my most favorite campus so far out of three schools.

kya

The University of Wisconsin-River Falls is great college to attend! It is a very calm place to attend. There are a lot of activities and groups to join. I love how UWRF really pushes the whole join one group. I am really happy with my choice to attend UWRF!