Stevens Point, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Kassey

Have a clear head. You don't have to know what you're going to do, but be focused anyway. Join in on activities on campus.

Reading textbooks can be key in learning material thoroughly. Being able to balance school and social life.

Scott

Go visit alot of places and find the place that fits you best. I am so greatful that I went through such a long process to find the school that fit me best because I have had an AMAZING experience. I am in the theatre program and have had so many amazing classes, master classes, and hands on expereinces. The professors are there to help us acheive and have a great career. Also, if money is an issue- don't let this stop you!!!! It takes alot of time to apply for scholarships, but there is plenty of money to be given out and available for ALL. Please, think twice about college because it is such a great learning experience and step from high school to post school!

The top two departments are the natural sciences and the fine arts. I can't speak to the natural sciences, but the fine arts are absolutely everything that I could ask for and more!!!!!

Riley

I would have taken more AP courses and not taken high school as seriously as I did.

Anyone who loves the physical enviornment or a positive, diverse enviornment.

Financial aid and job outlook on campus for people who do not have work study

Ronelle

Students here are willing to help and generally very relaxed.

Students here are willing to help and generally very relaxed.

UWSP is a natural resources college, so we are a very "green campus" there are recycling bins every fifty feet. There is no reason to not recycle here.

I would advise myself to be more out going. My freshman year I was very shy and it took me a long time to get to know people because I was always stuck in my room. I wish I could go back and enter school with the idea that I was going to meet everyone I possibly could.

Kaitlyn

Be prepared, that this experience is not like high school. You have to work hard and study, and you will find free time to have fun. It's a great experience and everyone should try it!

I wish that I had known a little bit more of the area. But with being here for the time I have been now, I have learned more and more about it each day.

I always brag about the people, everyone you meet is so excepting and personable. I always have a great time with my friends and the new friends I meet everyday.

Brynn

UW-Stevens Point is placed apart from other schools because of its diversity. It has many exchange students that add to the developement of the school and its very liberal. Everyone is accepted. Point encourages arts as well as practical studies, and it pushes for students to be environmentally friendly. UW-Stevens Point cares about the future.

Always be open to new things and new people. Being on your own -away from family- can really change your views on life, and it's important to allow others to help you through those changes. Getting involved in new things can open your life to many possibilities you never imagined possible. It's not bad to change, but make sure you change for the better.

I wish I'd have looked into everything Stevens Point offers. I came to this school for the Theatre program, which is amazing, but I didn't investigate all the things Point offers. There are many different clubs for students. You can meet with people with similar religions, or get involved in student government. Students can even participate in community services together. I think all of these things make students better people, and I wish I would have took more time to investigate the different areas I could commit myself to to become a better rounded person.

Kimmarie

Eco-friendly, conservationists trying to make the world a better place one person at a time.

Take every opportunity that comes your way. Take the Advanced Placement tests because you never know when you will need them or could use the credits. Do not listen to your teachers in high school who tell you not to follow your dreams to Colorado. Prepare, prepare, prepare for living on your own by discovering who you really are before trying to do it while you also face the world on your own. Life will throw you curve balls that you may never expect but learn from them and do not get discouraged because it all works out one way or another. Be open to the world and what it has to offer you. New adventrues lie ahead and high school is just one step but take high school in because it is the best and easiset part of your life. Just be thankful for each day and live in the moment breathing in everything you are given in your life. Apprecciate the small things and stop fretting over the big ones. Lastly, never regret what feels right in the moment because the memory will last a life time.

I brag most about the location of my school. We have a wildlife reserve and beautiful student completed artwork on campus. Although I also brag about the professors and edecation I receive, the location really made the university for me when deciding on a school to attend. There are many trails, local and eco-concious people and ideas, and the availability to the outdoors is at my finger tips. Recently moving back to Wisconsin from Boulder, Colorado moving to Stevens Point has been a easy transisition back into school because the ideas and outdoors are used and loved by all.

Riley

An enviornmentally friendly school that encourages natural resouces and education.

Possibly take more college prep courses and to engage in learning material, not just passing classes. Also, education isn't everything, so relax and feel free to be social at times.

People that are high class and are interested in greek life. Also, people that are looking for religious education should not attend this university.

Daniel

Just because a college isn't really well known or your first choice doesn't mean it's not for you or that it's a bad school. Stay open minded because you'll never know what it will be like until you start going there. Who knows you might find your future somewhere you'd never plan to look.

Sometimes the professors, but not usually.

Chantel

My classmates are for the most part very focused and determined for those who are in the class, and those who aren't tend to end up dropping out of college anyway.

Finding the right college means that you have to ask a lot of questions about the possible college you would like to attend. You should try to find out everything from how much laundry is in the dorms, what kind of food they serve at the cafeteria, what majors the college has to offer, etc. Don't just rely on facts on the website either. A student should visit their college and look around and get a feel for the campus. Go on tours of the school, but also walk around after the tour and see if you could fit in well at that college.

Any kind of person can attend this school and you will be able to fit in and find great friends. If you want to be in sports this college has great athletic teams. A person who doesn't want to take buses to get around to class.

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.