Stevens Point, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Sage

I would advise them to make sure the school offers classes in the field of study the student will be entering. Also, make sure the school size is a good fit. A big campus doesn't always suit a small town student, and a tiny campus doesn't always suit a city student. Lastly I would make sure the student has an easy outlet to visit home. Sometimes the transition from high school to college is a hard transition, so some students like to get away and go home for the weekend, or have a family member come visit.

I wish I would have known that they never cancel class!

If you are looking for a huge or tiny campus, don't attend this school! Also, if you are against binge drinking, definitely don't attend this school!

Andy

College is not all about studies, but it is not all about partying. You need to find somewhere that has a balance

How involved you have to be with your studies.

Anyone looking for a fun time with great oppurtunities in several fields

David

If I know what I know now my life would be different. First off, I would have looked at schools more. When applying to schools my parents just told me apply to any school, but I have never looked at any of the schools before. Also, I would STRONGLY suggest Don't Go With The Flow! Just because your girlfriend or other friends are going to all one school it DOESN'T mean that you should go too. Having friends right away doesn't guarantee that you will have a great time and it will create drama. The whole college experience is about finding yourself and proving that you can jump through hoops for four years or more to earn piece of paper or as its known a degree. College is a lot of fun, but most importantly you should remind yourelf that you're their for the education.

I wish I would have known that no one stays back on the weekends and how small a University it really is. When getting to know everyone I would always ask "What high school did you go to and how many people did you graduate with?", people would always reply with a name I have never heard of that was off in some corn field and said their graduating class was one of the biggest with 120 kids. I would just laugh because I graduated with over 430 and I got to know most of them.

My school doesn't have a clear vision of what it wants to become. There are always new goals and standards it sets for its self, but it's always heading in a different direction. I believe that if it could just pick one thing and work at it the whole school will be better.

Rochelle

The advice I would give to parents is to trust that the information they have provided their sons/daughters with will be enough to help them through the challenges as well as obsticles college brings forth. I would remind the parents to be open and honest with their children and to allow their sons/daughters to go to them with any questions or problems. The advice I would give unto the students is to go into college with an open mind, friendly personality, and to always stay focused on their academics. Attending class daily is very important for students to do and even though nobody is there to remind the students that they have to wake up for their 8 o'clock class. The students need to be driven enough to make sure they make it to class on time everyday on their own. I would tell the students, overall, college is a lot of hardwork, tons of fun, and it is a place to learn and grow along side with the life-long friends they will make throughout their journey.

I consider the Education program to be the best thing about my school because it is extremely competitive to get into the program and once you are accepted you work with only the best of the best Professors who teach you not by lecturing at you but through the experiences they have had first hand. Not only is the State of Wisconsin known for their quality education standards, but the University of Wisconsin Stevens Point is one of the top Universities when it comes to providing driven, experienced, and determined teachers for the students of the future.

The University of Wisconsin Stevens Point allures people of all different backgrounds, races, styles, and personalities. The Professors are made up of all sorts of religions and backgrounds which helps the students feel welcomed and at home. I personally believe that Stevens Point is a combination of friendly, athletic, and intellectually inclined students as well as Professors. Anybody and everybody is welcomed with open arms and a smile!

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.