Stevens Point, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point

Travis

A great school to make friends both in and out of the classroom while also furthering you eduaction.

I have learned so much in my three and a half years. I have learned to be a better writer, researcher and studier. I believe my selection of UW-Stevens Point was the best choice I have made because they give me ample opportunities to succeed in these areas. I have also been able to make great friends and undoubtedly will keep contact with them after graduation. The atmosphere around the campus and the classroom makes this a place I will remember for the rest of my life.

It is a very friendly school that is easy to make friends with. The professors are excellent and they are always there if you have questions or are struggling with a class. I encourage them to come and visit becasue they will see how nice of a campus it actually is.

For me, it is important to learn new things and expand my world view. College has really helped me gain more knowledge and interact with people I never would have met otherwise. I'm normally a shy person, but in college it is essential to get to know the students around you. Also, to be able to get along with a wide array of people. Not only is this helping me grow as a person, but it is also preparing me for a life-long career. College is a very important step in my life, shaping me into the person I'm meant to become.

Matthew

They are all much younger than I am, probably because I am a returning student.

They are all much younger than I am, probably because I am a returning student.

As a returning student, the most valuable thing I have gotten out of this, second, college experience is a second chance to succeed in college. The first time I attended I failed out after two years.

Unfortunately, they do not offer a full engineering program. I would love to be able to stay at this school and not have to transfer to a college that does have an engineering program.

Rochelle

Stevens Point is an oasis of environmentally, academically and economically-minded professional yet laid-back students and faculty who seek to succeed and help others succeed regardless of background, circumstance, or belief.

I have received much, much more than information and education at this college. At the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point I have discovered my potential, become and active leader, and begun to pursue my life purpose which is more than just a career. I have learned a lifestyle at this college that I doubt I would learned at many other colleges, if any. I have made friends of my professors and supervisors. My experience at this college has given me a confidence for the future and for the institution as a whole. The price I have paid for this college has yielded a revenue that is priceless in worth. It is at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point that I have made my best friends and found a fulfillment that is indescribable. I would recommend this college to anyone. There are so many ways to get involved in extra-curricular academics, intramurals, or interest-groups and a spirit of volunteerism and friendliness resides on and around campus.

What I instantly fell in love with and still do love was the small-town feel but the seemingly neverending list of things to do that one can choose from so long as they bother to look for them. This is true in classes as well as outside of them. I have never had a professor that was not willing to help and was not genuinely interested in helping me with my goals. I have had multiple conversations outside of class with many of my professors, especially those in my department.

Lisa

The majority of my classmates are dedicated to their education, passionate about their field of study, and determined to succeed in life.

In my opinion, a value can't be placed on education. The true value is priceless. By attending college, I am working toward more than just a degree, at the end of the day, my ulitmate goal is to determine how I would like to spend the rest of my life. I have embarked on a journey that has lead me down a path of life, that I might not have otherwise been able to experience if I had just chosen to work a full-time job straight out of high school. This journey has brought me in the presence of some spectacular professors that have inspired me to search in life for my true purpose and meaning, and to take some risks in order to figure out my future. When I first entered college, I thought I was just here to land a good paying job, but now, I have come to the conclusion, that a good paying job is worthless if you dread waking up in the morning.

I wasn't impressed with the school's advising personnel. I strongly believe that they should implement a program to guarantee that a studen't advisor is capable of directing the student in the right direction, as well as, passionate about the field of study the student in choosing.

I came here to learn about natural resources and did I ever get it. The courses I have enrolled in are oriented toward my major and are informative in the field I seek to enter in the work force. All that is required of me I seek to achieve because I know it will serve me when I pursue my career goals. Academically it has been challenging and stimulating, and socially the experience on campus has made me more perceptive to different perspectives. There is so much activity, community involvement and student organizations to participate in. It has been, so far, an opportunity to encounter a variety of prospects that are available to me that the world has to offer.

I wish I had saved more money to be financially prepared.

This IS the one and only place for a natural resource degree! Stevens Point has the greatest faculty and instructors in that field. They are very knowledgeable and have extensive experience; they are honestly the best of the best, you can?t find anything like it anywhere else. Not from my experience, but from what I hear they also have a great music department. Also the residence halls promote diversity, and a wide variety of specially orientated associations.

laura

It has valuable to attend is becauese I can better myself , and my family as well. I will get a AS degree when I finish with my college education . Get a better pa ying job as well. To show my children its worth going to college to better yourself for the future.

Teigan

The college experience has taught me to be determined, while having fun. It has taught me that studying will actually get you the grades that you want and deserve, but too much of it can definately be a bad thing. College has definitely taught me to find a balance between everything I do and I will carry that with me throughout life. Time management has been developed this past year as well and I know that in order to survive or "make it" in the real world you must have passion for whatever it is that you decide to do.

Kalene

I know that education has always been an extremly important goal in my life, and finding a college that fits who I am wasn't something that came lightly to me. I wanted t make sure it was the righ college, and I found that in Stevens Point Wisconsin. I know that it is a friendly laid-back atmosphere that calms me down after living in a pretty big city of Naperville, Illinois. I trust the campus and staff and everyone has always been encouraging and understanding towoards my transfer. It was a smooth process, and it relieves me to know that I've found a great University for me.

Do not be afraid to get involved. The area is friendly and focused on education. It makes one feel like they belong, where a bigger college does offer great education, a small school offers a place that feels like a home. The type of person that attends here is open, honest, and eager to make new friends.

I definetly wouldn't recommend this school to someone who does not appreciate nature. The school is located right next to a Forest preserve and a lot of the campus is focused on being environmentally friendly. Also, remember that winter in Wisconsin can be tough, so make sure that you relatively enjoy the snow and icy cold.

Elena

As a confident college sophmore I would walk up to my apprehensive, shy, and unsure 18 year old self and tell her that there is no reason to be unhappy with your life because living with a more positive attitude makes life that much more enjoyable. Love yourself and everything you do, you are your own unique person and people can see that you have things to contribute to the world that no one else has. You may encounter some obstacles that may make you question the path you are following, but that's what life is all about, learning from mistakes. Conquer your fear of talking to new people, there are people out there who want to hear what you have to say. You will find the college of your dreams, and a group of friends that will make you feel like a million dollars. You will pursue your dream of working with animals as a career, and you will find a man that loves you for who you are. For the first time in your life you will feel like the beautiful, smart, talented, creative human being you were born to be, so smile, because life is spectacular!

The worst thing about Stevens Point has nothing to do with the school itself, but rather the weather. Winter in Stevens Point is pretty awful. It is absolutely freezing outside, so walking to class or to go eat is a nasty experience, and when you get inside it is so hot that you sweat or your glasses steam up. It is just an unpleasant, boring season since the only thing you can really do is sit in your dorm and watch movies. Besides that, I really have no complaints about Point. It's an excellent campus with a great atmosphere.

Anyone who is into being outside and experiencing nature should go to Stevens Point. City people will not feel at home here and may get bored with the limited amount of places to go. People raised in small suburbs or rural areas however will find Point to have many fun opportunities and lots of friendly, happy people to make friends with. My experience here has been great, I quickly made lifetime friends and find that the education here fits my needs perfectly as a person who is interested in nature and learning about helping the environment.

University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.