Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

Diffently live on-campus and be involved to meet others.

Diffently live on-campus and be involved to meet others.

The size of the school- small classrooms for better teacher/student ratio. Had the programs I was interested in.

Someone looking for small classroom teach/student ratio.

Andrew

My classmates are always helpful and willing to help, everyone helps everyone when they need help.

My school is best know for getting people out into the workforce right after college.

Well, to start I would tell myself to get enough sleep, nothing is worse than going to class when your really tired. Also to eat on a regular basis and get enough physicall activity. Make friends, and lots of them, get to know your proffesors and classmates. Also a big one is dont study all the time, get out and be social, you will have a lot more fun and learn a lot more if you go out and get to know people and places. College is going to be the most fun part of your life so live it out to the fullest. Enjoy your time here, be safe, be healthy, work hard, but stay social. That is problably the best advise I would give myself.

Danielle

Never a doubt, Always a party at Stout!

Never a doubt, Always a party at Stout!

Stick to the Business Major because sophmore year you are going to want to switch back to it anyways. Go out, Make friends. Don't sit by yourself. GO TO CLASS! Yes, 8 a.m. is really early but you did it in high school you can do it in college. You have to try WAY harder than you did in high school! No one in college is going to babysit you like they did in high school, its all on you. When you meet Jesse or Scott walk away they are no good. They just causes problems. Don't get a credit card you will regret it. Stop worrying so much, it will work out. As hard as it is sometime to put a smile on, do it, everyday. It makes it easier. GOOD LUCK!

That it is far enough from home that my parents don't bug me but it is close enough to go home on the weekends.

Tami

I would tell myself to get study habits down rather than having to teach myself study habits in college. I would also do more to help aroud the house in preparing for the responsibilities of living without an adult or someone there to help clean up my mess. Another thing I would strongly encourage myself to do is to save up the money I made working rather than spending it on whatever I spent it on. Granted I saved portions of it, I should have saved much more than I have. I would also make sure to apply and look for jobs in the area so that I could have a job once school started. Once I moved up here, moved in, got to my classes, I realized that finding a job would be harder than I thought....the students that are juniors and seniors beat me to them.

I've seen that the number of graduates from Stout turn out to be great successors.

There seems to be almost an awkard tension between people from Minnesota and Wisconsin.

The most important advice I would give myself is not to stress out and enjoy life. While in high school, I took many challenging class es and was always stressed out. I figured that once I got into college this is was it would be like all the time. Now that I am attending Stout, I have learned how to balance my school work and also how not to stress out over easy assignments. I would also tell myself to overcome my shyness and not be worried about making friends because that type of quality will come naturally. Finally, I would tell myself that I would do excellent in school because I know I will try my hardest to achieve academically.

I wish I would have known that it was required to live on campus for two years.

Luke

UW-Stout has notable programs that rank very high nationally. Technical Communications, Business Marketing and Construction majors are among the top-notch learning that the university has to offer.

For any student or parent who is trying to discover the appropriate college, it is imperative for the student to have a good understanding of the kind of person they are and what their potential career(s) might be. The student's gaurdian should give constructive input based on their economic status and their son or daughter's interests. Students should strongly research their college choices for the same reasons as their guardian, but also keeping in mind the school's location, size and quality of life. In order to make the most of the college experience, the student needs to be prepared to juggle all their responsibilities with a good head on their shoulders. With college comes a natural environment to be subject to new learning, friends and experiences. The student needs to be open-minded with a remembrance of they are inside. College - in and of itself can be a distraction and without a willingness to succeed and set aside fun until their responsibilities are taken care of, the student cannot fully embrace the entire college experience.

The kind of person who should attend this school doesn't need to be any specific type. As long as the attendee is open-minded, willing to put forth their best effort and is ready to be active around the campus, they will be successful.

I would pick a college that you don't know that many people because that's how you learn to make new friendships and you learn more about yourself. Also, pick a college that has a major you're really interested because that will make the learning experience more fun. You will look foreward to attending classes because you will be learning about something you really enjoy and you will also be more motivated to attend your class and even research more in depth about your specific major. In addition too, join a sport, organization, or a club because you will meet a lot more interesting people that way and it will help you develop skills you will need in the workforce. Lastly, look for a college that provides tutorting and assistance because there will be times when you will need help on a paper or need help stuyding for a math exam.

There's really nothing I needed to know. I was well informed on the expectations of the shool and the workload as well.

The type of people that should attend Stout are people who are really hands-on learners. At Stout we do many group activities and are really involved in groups, sports, and/or organizations. Stout is a career-focused college. You learn a lot about your career starting from the first semester you begin. Also, you attend many career fairs and are able to discuss career possiblities with a variety of companies.

Lisa

Getting involved in many school programs and activities is a must to get the most out of your college experience. Also try not to focus on partying and drinking outside the classroom as best you can.

A major focus outside the classroom is partying and drinking...little other interests are shown by majority of students atttending UW Stout

The teachers here seem very interested in the education of their students, and the use of computer tech is very up to date here.

Erin

Notorious for being a "party school" but actually a decent educatioin if you'll take it.

Take your time, enjoy it, have fun. You won't get another opportunity like it again. Realizing that this is such an incredible opportunity (and its all yours!) is the first step to, well, everything! The people you meet, the adventures you create, and the memories you make are those that you will never forget and never be able to re-live. Choose a college for YOU. It will all too soon become your home and your refuge! Get involved, try new things, and be exactly who you want to be. You are in the drivers seat to your life, and it'll be an amazing ride... :)

Someone who can separate "partying" from school.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.