Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

Rianna

I would tell myself to work harder on school assignments in order to prepare for college, and learn to study efficiently. I would want to try to connect with people before entering college, though networking sites and meeting up with people in my major right away when entering college. I would try to break out of my sheltered shell that I had growing up and try to understand the college life far before entering, preparing myself for the new environments. I wasn't ready to be thrown into a new place without family and friends from back home. I would have gone and visited more schools to get a feel for what to expect.

The size, how it feels more like a small community, or family. Everything is very hands on and our school is more art related. The fact that we can rent our textbooks rather than have to buy them and that we get laptops with our school tuition.

How often people go home, it really is a suitcase school-people go home all the time, almost every weekend. And, how much everyone drinks at this school- didn't think it was going to be as bad as it is.

Mariah

UW-Stout is know for its great business program and their design program. They are also known for having a great placement rate and being a very hands on school.

The number one thing that I would say to myself is to save money. It goes fast and it is hard to come by. It is hard to work and go to school at the same time so save as much as possible. Don't worry about getting good grades because there is a lot of help if you need it. Infact, I think that college is easier than highschool. The teachers are pretty good and not too strict and the best way to get a good grade is to simply go to class. Even if you don't do all of the homework, if you go to class you will probably pass. just make sure you put some effort into it and you'll be fine.

It very frusturating when you cannot understand the teacher's english. Parking is also very frusturating if you are commuting.

Cooper

I wouldn't want to give myself any advice, although I have tons of it to give now because if I knew then what I know today, I would not be who I am today. It is because of the information I had as a senior in high school that led me to make the decisions I did and those decisions are what led me down my own individual path and helped me grow as a student leader, friend, brother, son, boyfriend, and student. I am proud of my accomplishments and who I am.

The worst thing about my school is the service I get when I enter the Registration and Records office. I don't feel welcomed and the employees act rudely.

The kind of person that should attend UW-Stout is one who wants to gain applicable industry knowledge as well as many leadership opportunities to get involved in.

Diffently live on-campus and be involved to meet others.

Diffently live on-campus and be involved to meet others.

The size of the school- small classrooms for better teacher/student ratio. Had the programs I was interested in.

Someone looking for small classroom teach/student ratio.

Andrew

My classmates are always helpful and willing to help, everyone helps everyone when they need help.

My school is best know for getting people out into the workforce right after college.

Well, to start I would tell myself to get enough sleep, nothing is worse than going to class when your really tired. Also to eat on a regular basis and get enough physicall activity. Make friends, and lots of them, get to know your proffesors and classmates. Also a big one is dont study all the time, get out and be social, you will have a lot more fun and learn a lot more if you go out and get to know people and places. College is going to be the most fun part of your life so live it out to the fullest. Enjoy your time here, be safe, be healthy, work hard, but stay social. That is problably the best advise I would give myself.

Danielle

Never a doubt, Always a party at Stout!

Never a doubt, Always a party at Stout!

Stick to the Business Major because sophmore year you are going to want to switch back to it anyways. Go out, Make friends. Don't sit by yourself. GO TO CLASS! Yes, 8 a.m. is really early but you did it in high school you can do it in college. You have to try WAY harder than you did in high school! No one in college is going to babysit you like they did in high school, its all on you. When you meet Jesse or Scott walk away they are no good. They just causes problems. Don't get a credit card you will regret it. Stop worrying so much, it will work out. As hard as it is sometime to put a smile on, do it, everyday. It makes it easier. GOOD LUCK!

That it is far enough from home that my parents don't bug me but it is close enough to go home on the weekends.

Tami

I would tell myself to get study habits down rather than having to teach myself study habits in college. I would also do more to help aroud the house in preparing for the responsibilities of living without an adult or someone there to help clean up my mess. Another thing I would strongly encourage myself to do is to save up the money I made working rather than spending it on whatever I spent it on. Granted I saved portions of it, I should have saved much more than I have. I would also make sure to apply and look for jobs in the area so that I could have a job once school started. Once I moved up here, moved in, got to my classes, I realized that finding a job would be harder than I thought....the students that are juniors and seniors beat me to them.

I've seen that the number of graduates from Stout turn out to be great successors.

There seems to be almost an awkard tension between people from Minnesota and Wisconsin.

The most important advice I would give myself is not to stress out and enjoy life. While in high school, I took many challenging class es and was always stressed out. I figured that once I got into college this is was it would be like all the time. Now that I am attending Stout, I have learned how to balance my school work and also how not to stress out over easy assignments. I would also tell myself to overcome my shyness and not be worried about making friends because that type of quality will come naturally. Finally, I would tell myself that I would do excellent in school because I know I will try my hardest to achieve academically.

I wish I would have known that it was required to live on campus for two years.

Luke

UW-Stout has notable programs that rank very high nationally. Technical Communications, Business Marketing and Construction majors are among the top-notch learning that the university has to offer.

For any student or parent who is trying to discover the appropriate college, it is imperative for the student to have a good understanding of the kind of person they are and what their potential career(s) might be. The student's gaurdian should give constructive input based on their economic status and their son or daughter's interests. Students should strongly research their college choices for the same reasons as their guardian, but also keeping in mind the school's location, size and quality of life. In order to make the most of the college experience, the student needs to be prepared to juggle all their responsibilities with a good head on their shoulders. With college comes a natural environment to be subject to new learning, friends and experiences. The student needs to be open-minded with a remembrance of they are inside. College - in and of itself can be a distraction and without a willingness to succeed and set aside fun until their responsibilities are taken care of, the student cannot fully embrace the entire college experience.

The kind of person who should attend this school doesn't need to be any specific type. As long as the attendee is open-minded, willing to put forth their best effort and is ready to be active around the campus, they will be successful.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.