Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

It's a small campus, so you really get to know and recognize a lot of people.

It's a small campus, so you really get to know and recognize a lot of people.

My strongest recommendation to incoming college students and their parents in deciding what university to attend would be to fully explore all the potential universities and READ extensively about the majors that it offers. It is likely that a student will change or question his or her major at some point during the college experience. If a student is undecided in thier major when entering college, I would recommend attending a university with a wider range of majors. As far as making the most of the college experience, I would advise students to get involved! My first few years of college, I did not realize that there are more extracirriculars outside of athletics. It took me a couple of years, but eventually I found my niche in various after school clubs. Working on or off camups is also a great way to meet people AND make some extra money.

I really enjoy my field of study and have a variety of excellent professors.

Andrew

good, want to learn, smart but not the most intelligent in the world

good, want to learn, smart but not the most intelligent in the world

it's the perfect size with a great campus

Let the students pick the colege based on what they want to do. Go to a school that has the program you want and that has a campus that you could see yourself living at. Try the campus out before you apply. Take your shoes off and actually get to know the college. Spend a few days shadowing someone and go to some classes. That's the only way you will know if you will like this college.

Andrea

When deciding on a college, don't just think about what's going to impress your friends or those people around you. More often than not, I see people going to colleges that they absolutely hate, and end up transferring within their first year. Remember that college is a once in a life-time opportunity and finding somewhere that you absolutely love is worth the cost, the distance or the time it takes to complete. The real world is coming faster than you think! Don't rush through this amazing time in your life. Visit all the schools you're considering attending. Find out what students do for fun, how big the class sizes are, how friendly the campus is. Going to college isn't just about getting the degree at the end, it's about the journey that takes you to that point.

Friendly people always looking to be helpful.

Walking to class in the cold winters.

Stout is a fun, comfortable, friendly, academically challenging, hands on, polytechnic university.

The whole town is a close knit community, including the students. I feel at home here, it's very comfortable. It's not too big and not too small, and really pretty.

I would suggest looking at more than one school. Research the differnt schools that have the program that you are looking at and go to campus tours for all of them. You will get a really great feel for what you are comfortable with and what you like. Also, apply at more than one school just in case you dont get into the one that you want and to just plain have more options. Once you get to college, get involved. It's a great chance to meet new people and make friends. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there!

Erik

I would have failed if it were not for Stout Universities special services department assistance because I am a severe dyslexic and have special needs plus the many campus volunteer organizations that I belong to give me strength and hpoe that I can make a difference.

Parents and students should never follow a crowd but look at the students individual needs. That is what I did and it is the very reason I am succeeding and will graduate even though it will take me five years. I am a student with severe learning (dyslexic) and medical disabilities where I often need a lighter load or a tutor. I specifically picked Stout University because of their large special needs staff that goes all the way to help stuents succeed and I was impressed by all their volunteer organizations. It's not always just about academics but how one gives back to society. At Stout University, I was able to spend my last three January interns in Mississippi cleaning up Hurrican Katrina and now I was elected to the college Board of Directors for Habitat for Humanity. This January I will be going with my college band to preform in Germany plus earn study abroad credits at the same time. This is just some of the opportunities. I encourage future students to take a good look at everything a college has to offer not just academics alone. I say, reach out to others, take the risk! GOOD LUCK

It is more hands-on, visual type of learning as I am dyslexic and my major is Hotel, Restaurant and Tourism Management.They required an internship in my field in order to graduate which was great! I already successfully completed it. I sometimes have to retake a class like math or english (general college requirements) due to my disabilities and then they get a tutor for me and I then pass with flying colors. They do not look down on me because of my disabilities because in the end I will be successful.

Derek

The main thing that you need to know about when choosing a correct school is that you need to visit and talk to people that go there. Along with the fact that you would really like to look into what degree you would like to go into and make sure they can help you succeed to your full potential.

I knew everything i needed to know before coming here. The school and people at this school are good at communicating everything needed to know.

Everyone that you meet through classes, clubs, and sports are people that are honest and true to each other. You are able to meet anyone and everyone that you would like to meet along with teachers and the community around us.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.