Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

My classmates are very friendly and supportive, and since my school is small I know the majority of students in my major.

I would tell myself to be careful of the people you surround yourself with and remind myself that you choose your own friends. There is a lot of peer pressure that comes with making friends at that age, and as long as you don't give in to the peer pressure you will end up with the right crowd. It is easy to make friends, and as long as you are friendly and honest they will find you. People want to be around others who are positive and fun, so stay true to your self and the rest will work its way out. I would also tell myself to not worry about planning the future because the future is always changing. Enjoy this time in college because it is a time meant to find yourself and it is the best time to push yourself to try new experiences!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of classes offered. Since we are a smaller school there are not a lot of classes offered and the classroom sizes are small as well so it is hard to get the classes that you want.

I could've used advice back then because I made the mistake of following an ex-boyfriend to the school of his dreams. Needless to say that relationship didn't work out and I was stuck attending a school for all the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong Stout is a good college but I soon came to realize that I wasn't in the major that mirrored my life goals. Education is a fine profession but it is not the life path I want to take. After some deep thinking about my life goals I came to realize I really want to work with sports organizations and I am good with people and organizing. That is how I came up with the plan to major in Mass Communications with Public Relations emphasis and that is at UW Eau Claire so I will be transferring there next fall. Once I complete that degree I plan to get my masters in Sports Management. So to sum that up l, if I could give the high school me one piece of advice it would be to follow my own dreams, don't go or do something because or for someone else.

If you do not like small college towns or are not going into either fashion or some type of engineering, I would suggest looking at other schools besides Stout. While I like Stout, I myself am changing my major to something that is not offered here at Stout so I will be transferring next fall. That is the only downfall I believe about Stout is that their majors are pretty focused careers that usually deal with technology so if that's not what your going into, Stout is not for you.

The professors here are very nice and easy to get along with! If you ever have questions they are more than willing to help you out. I have yet to have a professor I do not like. Not only are the willing to help you when you need that extra push, they also make class entertaing while actually teaching you something. Overall, they are great!

Tracy

UW Stout is fun and has great people, and great job placement

UW Stout is fun and has great people, and great job placement

My classmates, are funny friendly and I love hanging out with them

The advice I would give my self is to make sure I keep in touch with friends and family back home. I would also tell myself to find a part time job or work during the summer and save alot of money. Some other things I would say is to be involved with the school. This is because you can meet so many new and different people. If you join a club or team, you will make friends that will last a life time!!

Callie

I would have told myself to be more prepared to leave for college. I would have told myself if I was not ready to be away from home, that it would be better to attend a community college. They have prepared me better for college than my highschool did.

Sara

I think that my school is unique because my school is known as a polytechnique school, which they offer to give each students their very own laptop. I've never seen any schools that would do that because with the laptops, students here are able to be more involve and have a better communication with everyone from friends to staff to professors. It has also helped students more with a hands-on involvement when doing homeworks and projects. It really reduces the ability to having to rely on the library at all times.

My advice for myself would be; "go for it, it's my future and make a difference". This would be my advice because its a life time experience that could make a change in my future and a difference for myself. There are so many things that I am able to learn from college. It will pay off at the end when I graduate. I will be able to help my own community, myself, and my family in the future. I will be able to make a better and brighter future with the college experience.

The Universit of Wisconsin-Stout is a great school for anyone who wants classes that work more hands-on and teachers that help you learn.

I have met so many different people in college and I think it is important to meet people who think differently than you. When you do this you may see things in a different perspective. It is one of the easiest ways to learn and I think it is one of the most valuable aspect of attending college. For Instance, I'm from a relatively small town and almost all my friends and I thought similarly about most topics. If I didn't go to school that would be all that I knew. I'm glad I decided to go and hope anyone the same experience I'm having.

The Greek program here is great, so I would have to say I brag about my experience in my sorority.

johnny

I have learn the basic student success outline. I learn that being a successful studennt is very easy and it can get harder as you go. I have been under the oppression when I go to College it would be like high school and I found out that it was nothing like high school. By me saying this, is that as I went on more into the college life. I have faced very difficult situations like, working and maintaining my class work/ homework. As I completed my college Success course, now I have develop the mind of taking on more responsibility. I have also learn that in college their is only you and your major that you are trying to reach. I learn that you can not depend on someone else work and answers, you have to trust your own. The most important thing I learn in College is that I'm one step closer to my goals and dreams. When I say one step closer, I mean now that we are out of daycare-(high scool) we are now in the real world. If we can just apply ourselves in doing what is nessacery to become who we want .

Tiffanni

I just completed my first semester of college and it was really a changing expeirence. I had to take classes that I had never taken before and was taught many new things. I learned how to give speeeches in front of an auidence,researsch topics and was taught new ways of how to study. Being four hours away from everthing I grew up with and without a car, really let me find out who I really was. I feel more grown up that I don't have anyone making decisions for me, but me personally taking situations into my own hands and how to deal with stress. Not only have I learned many things academicly, but I've met new people through being apart of my track team. My college experience has been of value because it has made me very independent and resourceful. The knowledge and skills that I will gain will help Ime in the future as I start my career.

My school has a small campus therefore there are not too many people that go to school there. Rather than that of a larger school, I feel like I have more of a personal relationship with my professors. Since my classes are not very large, my professors knows students by their names. Also, in the classroom we have a lot of group activity which makes us work together, but also independently by coming up with our own ideas.

Jenny

I have gotten a lot out of my college experience. I have gained knowledge and experience in my field of study. I have gained leadership skills in the organizations that I have lead and been in. I have learned from other students and staff about the real world and what is expected of me. I have also made life-long friends. I have gotten the experience of a life-time, and found out who I am and what I want to do for my future. I think the reason why it is valuable to attend college is because it changes you for the better. It shapes who you will be in the future and teaches you things that you would have never known if you didn't attend. It gives you knowledge of things that you need to know for your career. Attending college is valuable because it teaches you more than class work, it teaches you how to manage your own time, learn how to be independent, and find yourself. It gives you the chance to find what you like best, what you're good at, and experiement the different things you can learn and do for your future.

The most fustrating thing about my school would be the students. Some students can be really careless. Another thing that I find fustrating is the work load some of the professors give us, they don't realize that we have other classes too and they give us just as much homework as all the other courses we're taking. I find it fustrating when I don't have enough time to do homework.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.