Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

If I could go back and talk to my High School self, I would tell me that I really need to work hard now to help make college easier. Having a great work ethic is so important, and you find that out early in college. You really need to be on top of your game here, so knowing that, I would have worked harder instead of slacking off. Hard work really pays off, especially when you not only get your report card back, but when you can remember the information two years later. My sophmore and Junior year, I toured many colleges and each admissions office adviser told me to start early and sign up for scholarships. I let that slide and didn't sign up for any, which was a mistake. If I could go back I would sign up for more, because I wasn't so busy back then. I'd also tell myself to embrace those four years, because they will go faster than you think...and before you know it you are all grown up.

The University of Stout is a really hands on school. If you like working out of books more this isn't really a great school for you. It's a polytechnic which is hands on training. It's also not very large. If you want to meet a lot of new people this isn't the right school for you. You will run into a student you know quite a few times.

The most frusterating thing about my school is that the study abroad program is great but it's so expensive. The application alone is $225.00. It's hard to expect studying abroad when it's so expensive. I really want to study abroad over seas but it's so expenisve I'm thinking of not going. That's frusterating because it's something I really wanted to do.

Chemoua

As long as you believe and willing to give one hundred percent, then anything is possible in college and in life.

Those who are willing to work hard and know how to have fun.

Those that are not willing to try and do their best in school and get a well worth college degree and a good job after graduating

JuMoke

The unique thing about my school is my school gives each and everyone of it's students a free laptop with free books all included in tuititon. Speaking of tuition my school was actually the cheapiest school out of all of my choices being at a total of 15,000 dollars a year and that put the iceing on the cake for me!!

Going back to my senior year of high school the advice I would give myself about transitioning into college I would say be ready for the culture shook going to a school in wisconsin your not going to see that many African Americans at your school. I would also say get a job because being a college a student you are broke most of the time if your not working and it;s hard to really do much at your school if your pockets are empty. Another good thing I would say to my senior self is read a lot more and sometimes read a head in chapters because it could really help in the long run going forward. The last thing I would say to myself would be college is not like high school teachers dont care if you dont go to class because your paying for your education now and your only going to hurt yourself by missing class and missing one day of classes is like missing a week in high school so think of that.

I would say the most frustrating thing about my school is not really having to much divesity thats a huge thing my school really lacks. I look around and only see causcasions not that thats a bad thing but I would be nice to see other races as well. Diversity actually plays a huge part in a lot of universitys there trying to figure out ways to get more color in there schools and it's very understandable.

My classmates are very friendly and supportive, and since my school is small I know the majority of students in my major.

I would tell myself to be careful of the people you surround yourself with and remind myself that you choose your own friends. There is a lot of peer pressure that comes with making friends at that age, and as long as you don't give in to the peer pressure you will end up with the right crowd. It is easy to make friends, and as long as you are friendly and honest they will find you. People want to be around others who are positive and fun, so stay true to your self and the rest will work its way out. I would also tell myself to not worry about planning the future because the future is always changing. Enjoy this time in college because it is a time meant to find yourself and it is the best time to push yourself to try new experiences!

The most frustrating thing about my school is the amount of classes offered. Since we are a smaller school there are not a lot of classes offered and the classroom sizes are small as well so it is hard to get the classes that you want.

I could've used advice back then because I made the mistake of following an ex-boyfriend to the school of his dreams. Needless to say that relationship didn't work out and I was stuck attending a school for all the wrong reasons. Don't get me wrong Stout is a good college but I soon came to realize that I wasn't in the major that mirrored my life goals. Education is a fine profession but it is not the life path I want to take. After some deep thinking about my life goals I came to realize I really want to work with sports organizations and I am good with people and organizing. That is how I came up with the plan to major in Mass Communications with Public Relations emphasis and that is at UW Eau Claire so I will be transferring there next fall. Once I complete that degree I plan to get my masters in Sports Management. So to sum that up l, if I could give the high school me one piece of advice it would be to follow my own dreams, don't go or do something because or for someone else.

If you do not like small college towns or are not going into either fashion or some type of engineering, I would suggest looking at other schools besides Stout. While I like Stout, I myself am changing my major to something that is not offered here at Stout so I will be transferring next fall. That is the only downfall I believe about Stout is that their majors are pretty focused careers that usually deal with technology so if that's not what your going into, Stout is not for you.

The professors here are very nice and easy to get along with! If you ever have questions they are more than willing to help you out. I have yet to have a professor I do not like. Not only are the willing to help you when you need that extra push, they also make class entertaing while actually teaching you something. Overall, they are great!

Tracy

UW Stout is fun and has great people, and great job placement

UW Stout is fun and has great people, and great job placement

My classmates, are funny friendly and I love hanging out with them

The advice I would give my self is to make sure I keep in touch with friends and family back home. I would also tell myself to find a part time job or work during the summer and save alot of money. Some other things I would say is to be involved with the school. This is because you can meet so many new and different people. If you join a club or team, you will make friends that will last a life time!!

Callie

I would have told myself to be more prepared to leave for college. I would have told myself if I was not ready to be away from home, that it would be better to attend a community college. They have prepared me better for college than my highschool did.

Sara

I think that my school is unique because my school is known as a polytechnique school, which they offer to give each students their very own laptop. I've never seen any schools that would do that because with the laptops, students here are able to be more involve and have a better communication with everyone from friends to staff to professors. It has also helped students more with a hands-on involvement when doing homeworks and projects. It really reduces the ability to having to rely on the library at all times.

My advice for myself would be; "go for it, it's my future and make a difference". This would be my advice because its a life time experience that could make a change in my future and a difference for myself. There are so many things that I am able to learn from college. It will pay off at the end when I graduate. I will be able to help my own community, myself, and my family in the future. I will be able to make a better and brighter future with the college experience.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.