Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

UW-Stout is a piece of shit school focused on inbred social circles of born and raised beaurocratic administration's paycheck...

UW-Stout is a piece of shit school focused on inbred social circles of born and raised beaurocratic administration's paychecks.

About the Psychology teachers who are deeply invested in providing students with research and how I had the opportunity to work in a research community called CNERVE started by them.

Ashlyn

Stop worrying! You don't have to have your whole future planned out yet. As long as you work your hardest, have fun, and you're kind to others, everything will fall into place. Don't spend some of the most exciting years of your life worrying about the little things, just enjoy the good and the bad that comes with this amazing experience in life.

Marlena

University of Wisconsin Stout is best known for being a poly-technic university. It is a school known to have possibly the widest variety of students in the state, due to it's broad range of majors. University of Wisconsin Stout is known for being hands-on and letting it's students be creative. It is also known for being very connected with businesses who tend to hire students when they graduate. Stout is great with helping students find careers they want to be in after they graduate.

What stood out most to me about University of Wisconsin Stout, is that it had so many majors that followed my interests. University of Wisconsin Stout has alot of majors that include management and i really liked that about Stout. One of the best things about Stout is that it provides laptops to every single student there. I thought that was really cool.

As a highschool senior, I was stressed out about everything. It scared me that college was so close and i would be away from home. It was also a huge worry to type essays for college and go on tours and figure out what major i wanted. Now that i have experienced the college life, i would go back and tell myself not to worry so much. I would say that the school I chose for myself was the perfect one and that everything ends up ok. I would also tell myself that I need to relax a little and take a little bit more time to enjoy the whole process of moving away and not worry about it so much. Everything ends up ok in the end.

Morgan

UW-Stout is the best college for me because their Apparel Design and Development program is highly recognized by fashion companies around the world for teaching students valuable information and setting them up for success for any path they may take after they graduate.

Believe in yourself. Those are the first three words that would come out of my mouth if I had the opportunity to go back and talk to my high school senior self. The next ones would be just as challenging; do not let anyone make you doubt yourself and your abilities. I think something I truly could have learned before I started college was to believe I was in the right spot, to be myself, and show my family, friends, and most importantly, myself, that I can shine, and I do not have to be afraid of my future, because it will be what I make it. I would also remind geeky insecure Morgan that people change in short spans of time, and although her family loves her and misses her, they will learn to adapt and live without her. I would stress the importance of good academic standing and getting involved with anything she ever wanted to try! I would remind her of a very important prayer I hold dear to myself now; God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

This question is very difficult due to the fact that I love so many aspects of UW-Stout. The worst thing about it though, does not deal with the programs, curriculums, nor the teachers, but the location. The University of Wisconsin-Stout is in a very isolated town in northern Wisconsin. Therefore, there are limited things for college students to do around town, and it is much colder there than campuses further south. Most days and nights, the ghost town is not a problem because between classes and studying, I have no time for "fun."

Grace

The requirement of living in residence halls for the first two years of school is what I least like about UW-Stout. I feel as though, as an adult, I am ready to live on my own.

UW-Stout gives all students a laptop that has all of the programs and software you will need for classes. They also allow you to rent out textbooks so you dont have to spend hundreds of dollars every semester on books. Another perk is that the meal plan is able to rollover to each semester/year of school so if you don't use it, you don't lose it! Stout has a lot of great financial perks.

If I could go back and talk to my High School self, I would tell me that I really need to work hard now to help make college easier. Having a great work ethic is so important, and you find that out early in college. You really need to be on top of your game here, so knowing that, I would have worked harder instead of slacking off. Hard work really pays off, especially when you not only get your report card back, but when you can remember the information two years later. My sophmore and Junior year, I toured many colleges and each admissions office adviser told me to start early and sign up for scholarships. I let that slide and didn't sign up for any, which was a mistake. If I could go back I would sign up for more, because I wasn't so busy back then. I'd also tell myself to embrace those four years, because they will go faster than you think...and before you know it you are all grown up.

The University of Stout is a really hands on school. If you like working out of books more this isn't really a great school for you. It's a polytechnic which is hands on training. It's also not very large. If you want to meet a lot of new people this isn't the right school for you. You will run into a student you know quite a few times.

The most frusterating thing about my school is that the study abroad program is great but it's so expensive. The application alone is $225.00. It's hard to expect studying abroad when it's so expensive. I really want to study abroad over seas but it's so expenisve I'm thinking of not going. That's frusterating because it's something I really wanted to do.

Chemoua

As long as you believe and willing to give one hundred percent, then anything is possible in college and in life.

Those who are willing to work hard and know how to have fun.

Those that are not willing to try and do their best in school and get a well worth college degree and a good job after graduating

JuMoke

The unique thing about my school is my school gives each and everyone of it's students a free laptop with free books all included in tuititon. Speaking of tuition my school was actually the cheapiest school out of all of my choices being at a total of 15,000 dollars a year and that put the iceing on the cake for me!!

Going back to my senior year of high school the advice I would give myself about transitioning into college I would say be ready for the culture shook going to a school in wisconsin your not going to see that many African Americans at your school. I would also say get a job because being a college a student you are broke most of the time if your not working and it;s hard to really do much at your school if your pockets are empty. Another good thing I would say to my senior self is read a lot more and sometimes read a head in chapters because it could really help in the long run going forward. The last thing I would say to myself would be college is not like high school teachers dont care if you dont go to class because your paying for your education now and your only going to hurt yourself by missing class and missing one day of classes is like missing a week in high school so think of that.

I would say the most frustrating thing about my school is not really having to much divesity thats a huge thing my school really lacks. I look around and only see causcasions not that thats a bad thing but I would be nice to see other races as well. Diversity actually plays a huge part in a lot of universitys there trying to figure out ways to get more color in there schools and it's very understandable.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.