Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

Jake

In the past, party-school. Currently: one of the first recipients of the Malcolm Baldridge Quality Award (and a continuing drive to improve the value of the product, in this case the student and their education).

At my school I have had the pleasure of meeting new people; professors and peers and members of the community all. Though I am a non-traditional student and I have bounced from school to school throughout the past few years, at my current university I found the right fit for me. And if the satisfaction of those who I have made the acquaintance of is any indicator, I am not alone in this feeling. I think that one of the most important lessons I have picked up is that everyone one meets is going through some sort of difficulty or has had problems that are complex and difficult to solve. Noone should be underestimated. If an education is what prepares you for the future then it must certainly also prepare one for working in the service of others. University of Wisconsin -Stout has been there to prepare me and given me chances. Chances and opportunities like setting high goals for myself and pursuing them in academics, extra-curricular activities, long-lasting personal relationships and more. I'm proud to be a representative of UW-Stout and a product of the quality education system of the United States of America.

Agitators and rabble-rousers. Political advocates do no usually fare well here.

Ayron

My college experience so far has taught me to be open minded and embrace diversity. I am learning to sharpen my mental tools and be prepared for anything that comes my way. College has been valuable to me because it is allowing me to get the education and training that I need to make a better life for myself and my young daughter. It is giving me confidence in my abilities to do well at whatever career I choose to pursue. I have met interesting people and had intelligent conversations that I would not have the opportunity to participate in, and I have joined in community activities that I never would even have known about if it were not for college. College is giving me skills I will need when I join the work community, such as working in a team, public speaking, following directions and meeting deadlines. I am learning to not only work well under pressure, but to thrive under it. As a young person, I could not see the value of this experience, but as an adult, my eyes are wide open to the possibilities that I have opened up for myself by continuing my education.

Adam

I have learned to be independent, and also reach for my dreams. I am really working hard to go to the four year college of my dreams, and I hope that I can do so in the spring, possibly the fall. It has been valuable to attend this school becuase it has been an excellent stepping stone in learning to grow as a person and also to be responsible for myself. I want to move on and succeed and give back to the YMCA, which was a huge influence on me in my lifetime. The next step is affording it. Springfield College is a prestigious YMCA school, and all I need is the money in order to do it. I want to be able to succeed and reach my dreams.

Anthony

drinking, when in dought go to stout, parties, polytech school, great job placement and majors that are offered very few other places like packaging.

Everyone is so friendly and nice, everyone is excepted here and friends are easily made. Along with this most if not all of the teachers want the students to succeed and it shows. There is a strong support group here and if you are ever down there are so many people to help you and it is just the best place to go. Love it here.

I have gotten so many things out of going here but I am going to keep things short and sweet and bring it down to few words that can describe my experience here. Friendships Networking Power Leadership opportunities Job opportunities Expand my knowledge of what I know and learn about new things I have not learned. The list goes on and on. Come out take a visit and you will see for yourself what stout can do for you!

Jocelyn

What I have gotten out of my college experience is responsibility is the keyword. Attending college is a big step and it prepares you for your next school and the outside world. Out of my college experience I have seen how certain schools will help you along the way and how some may not. My college experience teaches me to take reponsibility for my own actions because nobody controls you but you. Also, when it comes to going to class because some classes could be held at the "crack of dawn" but having a schedule and disciplining yourself to go to sleep at certain times shows that you are taking responsibility and that you care about your academics. Attending college has been valuable to me because I have accomplished alot through all my struggles . I was the first of my familyto graduate high school and will make history when I graduate college in December. It's valuable to me because attending college is something very constructive and i'm doing it all on my own having to apply for loans but I love school and my degrees will bring me big money once I get out into the real world.

Lydia

My college experience so far has made me develop some of the closest relationships I didn't know was possible. Not only do I mean friends but also networking acquaintances, which is critical for finding a job after college. Attending college has given me hands on experience that I will be using for the rest of my life. I don't know where I would be right now if I hadn't made the decision to go to college.

Somebody that has to live in a big city or gets homesick easily.

The employment rate is verry hight in all mjors.

My school is very hands on and the teachers are great about meeting with you one on one.

My classmates are very helpful and I get along with them very well.

In college you're very independant and in order to get help you have to ask otherwise the teachers won't know if you actually need help. The experience has been very valuable so far because it has taught me responsibility and organization.

Melissa

I have gotten so much out of my college experience. Not only have I learned a lot from my classes and college professors, but I also learned life lessons, how to be more responsible, how to be independent, how to better manage my money, and how to prioritize my time. College if it is meant for you is a great place to start learning so many things about life, and as you begin to become more mature and you find out more about who you really are. Education is important, but learning how to become an independent productive member of soceity is something I value much more. I have started to grow up as a true "adult", I know what is most important in my life and that is something to value over any knowlege from any book.

someone who does not like a close nit community, who likes large campuses, likes a big city lifestyle, wants a mall within 10 miles, wants more options of stores and variety, loves cultural events.

It's very hands on, I learn more by applying real life situations than memorizing vocab and facts that will not apply in the real world.

My classmates think it is very important to further their education by going to college.

I would tell myself to always be open to new experiences, but to still follow my personal morals and values. I should make sure to set aside the time to meet new people and have new experiences, but at the same time still focus on my major. Attending college will help me find myself and develop more as a person. Also, to remember that furthering my education will help me get closer to accomplishing my dream of becoming a fashion designer. And later on ,to open my own boutique. I need to always work hard and stay focused on my dream.

Students who are creative and have a unique perspective on things . They should be hardworking and willing to learn as much as possible. They should be excited about furthering their education, by gaining the skills they need to start their career.

Casey

I'd have to say they are average everyday students that seem pretty down to earth.

I'd have to say what I'd tell myself is that you have to work hard but don't stress yourself out. As long as you try your hardest your grades will follow suite. Stressing yourself out constantly just isn't worth it. It affects your health and that can certainly have a negative affect on your grades. Enjoy what your doing and try your hardest, that's the key to getting the most out of college.

I'd say anybody looking at a degree in IT, computer science, art, and really just about all the other programs they offer. I have never heard a negative remark or complaint about Stout. I've thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The teachers are very good at their jobs, and I have yet to be disapointed.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.