Menomonie, WI
University of Wisconsin-Stout

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Stout

Gina

UW Stout is a school with a very welcoming, and friendly atmosphere; I love its structured programs with hands-on approach, and would not think of attending any other school!

The University of Wisconsin Stout is best known for being a polytechnic university. There are many varied programs to choose from, such as Interior Design, Vocational Rehabilitation, and Dietetics; almost anyone can find a home there. It is also known for its small campus, allowing students to be in close contact with the professors. What most individuals know about Stout, or should know, is that it has a very "hands-on" approach in teaching students. Nearly every graduate will leave UW Stout with field experience and confidence in starting a new career.

If I had the opportunity to go back in time, I would be able to give myself a lot of great advice! First of all, I will admit that I was very unsure of what I would be doing in college; I was indecisive of which major to declare, and for that matter, which school to attend. There was a multitude of issues concerning me, such as living in the dormitories, getting along with my roommate, what classes to take, etc. Now, having experienced my first semester of college, all those feelings of uncertainty seem worlds away. I could tell myself that living in the dorms is one of the best aspects about attending a university. There are hundreds of other people to meet, and friendships to gain. I would let my old self know that having a roommate will be fun; after all, they are the first friend you make! Finally, I could say that not you do not have to have your entire future planned out just to attend college. There is a wealth of opportunities waiting to be discovered, you just have to start with figuring out what your interests are and the rest is history.

College is a big transition for high school. You go from having your parents right there beside you to miles away. You don't have adults on your case about going to school and keeping your grades up, it's all up to you. In college it's your responability to atain everything. If I could go back and time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would inform myself about a lot of things. As a freashman you do want to go out and meet many new people, and partying isn't a way to do it. It may seem fun at the time, but it can result in fines, having your grades drop in classes because you either skipped a class or didn't do the work, and even could end up getting you kicked off the campus. Another thing I would inform myself about is studying. In high school, I never had to study for anything, it just came to me. Well college isn't like that, I went from studying maybe 2 hours aweek to 18 and it was a hard transition.

The University of Stout is a polytechnic school. Polytechnic schools focus more on hands-on activities then they do on getting your information from books and listening to lectures. Don't get me wrong, books and lectures are part of your class but they are not an everyday feature. Stout is a school for students who learn by doing. They explain and inform you about a topic but then supply with they supplies and technology to demonstrate the knowledge that was just given to you. Stout is a school for those who want to try thing not just learn them.

The person that shouldn't attend Stout is someone who work well with computers. Computers are an everyday thing for almost every class you are enrolled in. They can be incorporated into the class by; submitting your work to a teachers account, receiving new assignments from your teachers in your email, presenting PowerPoints, doing research in a class, and using programs on you computer such as Photoshop and InDesign to complete in and outside class work. Also they expect you to check your e-mail and D2L (a grading site) at least once a day.

Alex

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to relax and not worry so much about how I will like my college or keep second guessing my choice of school. In the end you make up how much you like the college. If you just were to stay in your dorm room and not interract with people, your college expierence will be less exciting than if you were to get out, join campus activities and interract with other college students. I would also tell myself to have as much fun in high school as you can because you will most likely not be seeing many of your good friends for a long period of time.

The kind of person who is not willing to make new friends should not attend this college. Everyone there is helpful and courteous and it is very hard to not make new friends. Everyone at UW-Stout is very nice and accepting of different people.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the financial aid office. They are very unhelpful, and it is almost impossible to get any help with financing my college career.

Darry

The people at my school are copletely down to earth, and the school itself is really laidback as well.

If I could go back in time I would most likely tell myself not to be afraid to let people get close to me. I am not an overly sentimental person; I am not cold or anything I just tend to keep to myself when it comes to my inner thoughts and feelings. I love to be around people and laugh and play, but I found that people want more than just a funny guy around all the time. People want someone to confide in and for someone to confide in them. Half-way through the semester I realized that I had a lot of acquaintances, but I did not have anyone I really trusted with things that were happening in my personal life. I finally learned how to open up to people and now I have a group of people that I would trust with my life, but it took me a while to get to that point. I really wish I would have learned how to do this earlier in life not just in my senior year. I never really knew friendships could be so strong, but I'm glad that I am not missing out anymore.

I love to tell them about the AMAZING music on campus all the time, and i love to brag about how cheap it is for the quality ofeducaion recieved.

Cody

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would make sure that I was more involved in activities at school. I have found that it is not only important to achieve good grades, but it is as important to be involved in other activities as well. It not only helps you to become a more rounded person, but is give you a definite feeling of gratification. I think that this would have helped me out greatly, because it has taken me over a year to become involved in more things than class and work. I have joined clubs on campus and also participated in volunteer work. I think that another piece of advice that I would have to give myself is that no matter how much is one you plate, just always strive to do your best, and you will eventually reach your goals.

Cheryl

My classmates are younger than me and full of life. They are sure that they know everything about life and what it means to be part of a whole. They have a lot of growth in front of them, but their energy and excitement in being young gives me the motovation to succeed in my quest for knowledge. My classmates are also friendly and willing to help each other with their class work.

With the knowledge that I know now, if I could go back in time and advice myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to spend more time with the focus on studying. As a high school student the grades came to me without much effort, which resulted in my lack of good study skills. This lack caused me many sleepless nights as I stressed over how to get the needed knowledge into my brain and then be able to spit it out when needed. I would also tell myself that there is no hurry when it comes to getting through school. There is no need to work yourself to the point of exhaustion. Take time to enjoy the college experience and to enjoy each class along the way.

I tend to brag the most about the professors teaching at my university. They are always willing to help and encourage the students to think for themselves and challenge their minds. I also talk about the beautiful campus and the small class size. This enables us to better get to know each other and our teachers.

Evan

They only thing I would tell myself is "get ready for a good time and a learning experience".

Nothing. I don't think there is anything i wish i would have known, otherwise I wouldn't have had such a great time there.

The good professors and amazing friends I've made, and my fraternity

Cody

pay more attention and try harder because if you try harder in the begging it will be easier as you go on

i love all of the people here they all are very nice adn more than willing to help in any situation

that it can be really boring on the campus sometimes

Rianna

I would tell myself to work harder on school assignments in order to prepare for college, and learn to study efficiently. I would want to try to connect with people before entering college, though networking sites and meeting up with people in my major right away when entering college. I would try to break out of my sheltered shell that I had growing up and try to understand the college life far before entering, preparing myself for the new environments. I wasn't ready to be thrown into a new place without family and friends from back home. I would have gone and visited more schools to get a feel for what to expect.

The size, how it feels more like a small community, or family. Everything is very hands on and our school is more art related. The fact that we can rent our textbooks rather than have to buy them and that we get laptops with our school tuition.

How often people go home, it really is a suitcase school-people go home all the time, almost every weekend. And, how much everyone drinks at this school- didn't think it was going to be as bad as it is.

Mariah

UW-Stout is know for its great business program and their design program. They are also known for having a great placement rate and being a very hands on school.

The number one thing that I would say to myself is to save money. It goes fast and it is hard to come by. It is hard to work and go to school at the same time so save as much as possible. Don't worry about getting good grades because there is a lot of help if you need it. Infact, I think that college is easier than highschool. The teachers are pretty good and not too strict and the best way to get a good grade is to simply go to class. Even if you don't do all of the homework, if you go to class you will probably pass. just make sure you put some effort into it and you'll be fine.

It very frusturating when you cannot understand the teacher's english. Parking is also very frusturating if you are commuting.

University of Wisconsin-Stout administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.