University of Wisconsin-Stout

« See more reviews of University of Wisconsin-Stout

Honestly, It would have been extremely helpful to know how different college was from high school. High school is easier than college, which really underprepares students for the challenging life of college. Especially during senior year in high school many people like to slack off and take it easy. If anything they should try to take in all the material they can get their hands on. A great way to help avoid this struggle is to take AP or Honors classes even if you don’t succeed with flying colors, challenging yourself is the only way you will experience growth.

I wish I had known more about the logistics of the school. I find myself struggling to find the information I'm looking for and what offices can answer my questions. Most of the time I end up chasing in circles, finding out that the person that could have answered my question didn't, or that I asked them the wrong type of question.

I wish I had known how big the drinking culture was here. I shouldn't have been surprised since it is a Wisconsin school, but most get-togethers consist of going to a bar near campus, or drinking at home. I don't drink, so this really limits my social interactions here at Stout.

Just how difficult it would be to afford both during and after my schooling. I guess I expected more opportunties to be on the table, rather than having to reseach and find jobs completely on my own. I was given tools to help me, but that basically it.

How often people go home, it really is a suitcase school-people go home all the time, almost every weekend. And, how much everyone drinks at this school- didn't think it was going to be as bad as it is.

i wished i would have known more about what my major involved more. Like what classes were required for gen eds and what technical courses i would need to take.

I knew everything i needed to know before coming here. The school and people at this school are good at communicating everything needed to know.

I wish I would have known the work load involved and that I should take my schoolwork more seriously, and not my social life.

Nothing. I don't think there is anything i wish i would have known, otherwise I wouldn't have had such a great time there.

There's really nothing I needed to know. I was well informed on the expectations of the shool and the workload as well.