Superior, WI
University of Wisconsin-Superior

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Superior

Drew

UW Superior is the place to go if you want to meet people from around the world. The academics, especially the math department are heavily lacking. On campus food is often sub-par, but there are many good restaurants in the area.

Kristine

UWS is one of a kind and I am so glad that I chose to come here. With tuition low compare to other schools, I really feel as thought I am getting my education worth for my money. This is because of small class sizes and incredible professors. The professors take time to really care about each student as well as what they are teaching. They are nice and very helpful. Another great thing about our campus is that its is small, but still beautiful. There will be a great chance that while walking across campus, you will know close to half the people you pass. You will have plenty of chances to meet the other half of the students by joining some of the many different clubs and activities that we have here.

Well, I don't actually "go" here because I'm a distance learner, so I'll talk about my experience with the administrative staff and the teachers. I would say that in the past the administrative staff is generally good to work with. One thing I have a problem with is that every year they require a $100 payment before the semester begins regardless of whether or not you have financial aid. They don't really tell you about this and wait until you haven't paid to let you know about it, then they tack on a late fee. They don't accept credit cards, well they do, they just have an additional fee if you use a credit card. The way UW-Superior is run is rather archaic; it reminds me of the way government institutions are run. Aside from that, I would say that it's pretty good...the classes are good and in general, I've enjoyed my experience there.

I guess a lot of them are from northern Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota...

Marissa

A friendly, small school with much to offer

A friendly, small school with much to offer

Apply for more scholarships, join a club, volunteer more

The size is great. You really get to know your classmates and professors.

Erin

The University of Wisconsin-Superior is a culturally diverse school, with a knowledgable staff of professors that care about the students.

The staff was very friendly, professional, and knowledgable in their fields.

If I were to go into College now, I would think more in depth of what field I would go into. Would it applicable towards the economy today, and would I be able to find a job in this economy. Take as little amount of education loans as possible to cover tution and costs, and think about going to a University near your home. Study hard, and take pride in your grades, because they are important to your future. Later on in life go on to get your P.h.D!!

Christian

Christian, you have more potential than you can ever imagine! College life is wonderful, and you will meet people who will appreciate your work, interests, and future. Do not listen to those guys who tells you cannot do it nor those who say there is no opportunities for you here. Keep your dreams up and always become a role model toward your little siblings. You will be a difference in your community if you work hard. I want you to enjoy your life and be happy because you will not be alone as student!!

Shelly

This school has many different types of people considering it isn't a large school.

If I could go back to high school, there is one thing in particular that I would have changed. I wish that I would have started filling out scholarship applications as a senior in high school or even earlier. I did not realize that college consumed so much of my money. As a current sophomore in college, I am now starting to apply for scholarships because I don't have much money to pay for my tuition. I know that I am going to be in debt for a while, but I know that my education is worth the risk.

Students much be willing to attend classes as often as possible because many classes use participation as a part of the grade. Also, the student population on campus is roughly 3,000 students, so it is not a large school, but not tiny either. The weather gets to be pretty cold and windy for most of the year, but thankfully the campus isn't too widespread so getting to each class only takes about a couple minutes.

Nichole

UWS is one of the most diverse campuses you will ever visit. UWS gives you a small campus with small class sizes; you are not a number here, you are a person. At UWS you get the best of both worlds; we are located in a small town, and we have Duluth, MN five minutes away. So when you want to have fun, Duluth is just a short drive away. We are also right on the beautiful Lake Superior.

A person who is open-minded, loves the city, and loves the outdoors and living next to a large lake.

I have been very fortunate to go to college. I am the first one in my family out of my two brothers, mom, and dad to attend college. I have learned so many things that will help me in the future, and with my future career as a veterinary technician. Such things that I have helped me with my career is taking an anatomy and physiology class, because you learn all about the human body and how works, which is related to how the bodies of animals work. Not only will anatomy and physiology help me with my careerr, but my attending college helps build people skills, social skills, and several other benificial skills.

University of Wisconsin-Superior administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.