Superior, WI
University of Wisconsin-Superior

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wisconsin-Superior

Carl

I think there's always a sense of satisfaction. Knowing what I've accomplished, I feel that from winning awards in journalism, and doing two semesters abroad, I feel very fortunate to have experienced these endeavors in my life. I have learned a lot from many people throughout the globe who have helped color who I am today. The education has opened my eyes in more of a global vision than I ever have thought possible. If not for these experiences, then I would not have grown to be the person that I am today.

The worst aspect would be that there's no football team. I think that would pour in a lot more school spirit.

Anybody who lives a more low-key life should consider this school. It's very easy-going, and the people are relatively friendly.

Charlene

My school is the most racially diverse school in the whole University of Wisconsin system of schools, and also the smallest. The class size is extremely small.

Senior year was a blast for me. Back then, I was the leader of a youth worship band called Fearless Prophet for the United Methodist church in my town. I had a part-time job at the local McDonald's on the weekends, and between that, school, and leading worship at my church, I was busy. I would've told myself to save more money and spend more time with my friends. I would also have told myself to ask for more recommendation letters from my teachers. Despite the fact that I was so busy, I wish I would have focused my free time more to write more songs with my band and have more benefit concerts to support Compassion International. I also had a boyfriend, and once I was situated in college, he ended it and left me with a broken heart. I wish I could've told myself to focus on God and the things He had in store for me, and that the rules he had were meant so that I wouldn't end up with a broken heart. I wish I could have told myself to include God in more of my decisions.

I would consider the worst thing is the dorm life. The bathrooms are always dirty.

Alexa

I would tell myself to work harder and be motivated. High school is easy compared to college, and had I known what I know now back in high school, I would have been better prepared and ready and would have put more time and energy into doing my homework. I would say, "focus more on homework and putting more effort into projects, because what you are doing now is not acceptable in college". I would also say that the transition from high school to college can be tough, but just smile and make new friends and make goals for yourself to accomplish since you are on your own in college and have to take on more responsibilities. Try and have fun but still be focused.

The person attending this school should be goal oriented and focused on what they want in life and have motivation to reach their goals. They should also realize that you need to keep on top of your homework and study at least once a day, but also to have some sort of a social life and be able to blend the two without having conflicts.

I tell them that the class sizes are smaller so I get more one on one with the professor when I need help. It's a smaller university which is perfect since you don't have thousands of people on campus. It's just a really great school where I am able to learn everyday from my classes.

Chelsea

Don't be afraid to ask questions; don't be the one that figures everything out on your own. Don't go by what others say, always find out for yourself and experience it before making any hatsy decisions. Just keep the big dream in your mind and strive for it. Nothing about college is hard if you can make it fun!

Kate

Eager, artistic, inteligent individuals.

Eager, artistic, inteligent individuals.

Visit the campus you are interested in. Also, investigate the town/city you will be living in.

An eager and open minded individual. This university give students great oppurtunities to become involved and learn on an individual basis.

Kevin

Make sure the school has a strong learning community within it instead of simply a group of individuals seeking higher education.

There is not one thing that is the worst, but it is a number of small problems that the school needs to deal with. Some departments are understaffed leading to poor coordination at important times. The buildingings are not interconnected so you have to brave the winter weather between each building. And the economy in town is moderately poor so jobs around campus are difficult to come by.

It is close to home and the people there are easy to get along with.

Beautiful,or use to be, campus that is currently under construction that is unavoidable and annoying so much that it makes it hard to concentrate in class when there is constant rucus going on outside the window.

Make sure you are basing your decision on how well you think you will accomplish at the campus and if the location and price are right for you and you only. Do not pick a college just because it is close to home or because you are being forced to go there by family, friends, etc. When you get to college just be yourself and not what others want you to be. If there is something you are interested in doing dont let others tell you if you should or should not go for it, you have to learn that on your own, no matter how long it takes to accomplish your goal or realize it just is not for you. Do what you think is right not what others think is right for you.

The campus is, or was great with all the trees that use to be there and the art program is fun and creative.

Jamee

It is more personal because it is smaller which I think helps make other students more friendly and open to new things and ideas.

I would advise them to start saving for college early because a good education will cost a lot and I think a student has a better experiance if they do not have to obtain a job their first few years on campus. Finding the right college for me was simple. I knew what I wanted to do and Superior offered that program and I knew that I wanted a smaller more personal school. Finding the right college for yourself will depend on your personal preferances when it comes to location and size and career goals. Be open minded abpout everything you encounter. College is different then high school in many ways. I think the most significant way is that it is all based on how responsible you are. No one is here to call your parents if you skip a day but you better belive that you missed something very important on that day. YOu have to learn to take care of yourself and for some kids that adjustment is hard. Be friendly and responsible and you will have no problems.

Nothing really, I liked finding out on my own and I wasn;t nervous to come here so finding out how nice everyone is was no surprise to me.

Christine

Just be your self and try your best. Find a college that fits you ( not your parents). Follow your heart students and you will know what college is right for you. I think Superior is a really good place to start and the city is awesome!

Not enough handicap accessible things/areas

Anyone who wants teacher who are totally different from one another(In a good way). Someone who wants to go to the perfect school in a perfect community/city. Anyone who wants to have choices on what they want to do for fun. Someone who wants to be accepted for who they are. Just someone looking for all around fun and adventure!

University of Wisconsin-Superior administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.