University of Wisconsin-Whitewater Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Wisconsin-Whitewater

Sophia

I like that all the class sizes are just right for me. At a maximum, there would be around 40 kids in a class. This is only for science classes. Most classes are between 20-30 students. The city of Whitewater is small enough to feel homey but large enough to not feel in the middle of nowhere.

Alliyah

The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is a great school! They have plenty of majors to pick from, classes are all achievable, the staff are always friendly and there to help, there are many students on campus so it's not hard to meet new people, and overall, just a very happy and friendly environment. 10/10 would recommend!

It's a great UW school to go to if you want to save money while still getting a good education. We have a strong education and business program, so if you're going into those fields this is the place for you. We take our sports very seriously, especially football, and you'll find most students at games dressed head to toe in purple. We have a pretty good party/bar scene here for how small the town is, but other than that there isn't much to do off campus.

Erika

It's a great college for academics but everyone goes home on the weekend. Teachers and opportunities are plentiful if you seek them out and the learning services are fantastic. If you get involved, there are a ton of clubs and recreational sports, you just might want to go home for the summer if you're a social butterfly.

Bria

I think UW-Whitewater is a good school to attend for someone who is looking for a personal, and comfortable setting without being at a very small school. You can get to know your professors one on one and they are always available to you in office hours; there aren't any TA's. You meet a diverse group of students and is always encouraged to get involved on campus.

Gabrielle

Overall, I have found the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater to be one of the greatest decisions I've ever made. There's a welcoming community, amazing academics, caring professors, and so much more. Student safety is a priority and the administrators, student leaders, and faculty all genuinely care about each student on campus. Also, despite being in a small town setting, the university has all of the resources and benefits of a larger, more city-centralized university. In short, Whitewater is the perfect school and an amazing place that facilitates fun, positive experiences, and personal growth at every turn.

Kelly

Overall, it is a great place. Not too big, not too small. It is diverse, but there's still underlying tension between people (just google "Whitewater students black face misunderstanding and you'll get a feeling of what I mean there"). The professors are really cool for the most part; you're always going to find those few who are scary or too difficult. The campus is close to downtown so if you're not feeling school food you can easily walk to McDonald's, WalMart, Culvers, Pizza Hut (there's so many pizza places here, can you imagine??), and there's a cute diner downtown as well. Some of the dorms are renovated, but instead of choosing to renovate parts of the older ones, they decided to add onto an already new building which is a waste of $32 million.

henry

awsome

Marissa

As a student of three years at the University o Wisconsin - Whitewater, there has never been a day in which I did not learn something. The community is welcoming and there is a place for every student, faculty, and staff. The Warhawk family will always be a part of my heart and life.

Kaitlin

University of Wisconsin Whitewater is such an enjoyable school. I took a tour of Whitewater last September with my dad and I immediately fell in love with the campus. The class sizes are workable, the professors are amazing, and there's every opportunity in the world to achieve here academically.

Alyssa

I have visited the University many times, and I have even stayed there over a weekend and I thought nothing but great things. The campus is a perfect size, and the academics seem amazing since so many students get jobs before graduation. That is when I realized I wanted to become a Whitewater Warhawk.

Jordan

It's a great school. We are diverse but I feel like we could use a little more diversity. You are encouraged to get involved in any way, shape, or form. There are also several clubs/organizations/fraternities/sororities to choose from. Classes size are good and professors have office hours and respond to email as well. If they won't be in their office, they usually let you know how long they'll be gone and when they should be back. The university itself is the perfect medium between small and large in reference to both campus and student body.

Haley

I love this school. It was my top choice and I haven't regretted a moment spent here. The professors are available to talk a lot, classes aren't taught by TAs, and we have amazing sports teams and opportunities for clubs. I love my residence hall and the RAs in my building.

Karissa

I believe Whitewater is a great campus that offers tons of opportunities for the students. If you are an online student it can be very difficult to get the classes you need as they close fairly quickly. The campus is beautiful and the teachers I have had were very proactive with making sure students understand material and get the help they need.

Alyssa

It is one of the best business schools you can go to in Wisconsin. Smaller class sizes give you a chance to get to know your professor better and get help when needed. Over all people like to party and be social, but there are also a lot of people who go home on the weekends.

Destanie

Amazing school with tons of oppertunities! They are are very medium size campus with a big college feeling when it comes to events. It is an open and welcoming campus. The welcoming freshman event is huge and is an amazing experience to be in! Overall I can rave about this school!

Jacquelyn

When you arrive to University of Wisconsin- Whitewater, it feels like at sense of home. It's a small school with endless opportunities and relationships. Being a Warhawk allows you to find out who you are as a person and be able to reach out to people who want to help you. Academics is outstanding as the professors are there to reach out to their students and want them to succeed. The classroom sizes are also small allowing professors to know their students by name. The students also attending UWW are also all round great people and willing to help other students in need. Being a part of University of Wisconsin Whitewater has made me grow as student and as person towards my future goals .

Hanna

It's a good school, especially for the price. It is definitely a suitcase school; most students go home an average of every other weekend, which means that almost everything on-campus is closed every weekend. Being one of exceptionally few out-of-state students, this gets annoying. I have heard others call this a party school but the parties are impossible to find if you are not the one throwing it.

Erin

I like the school and the people who are on campus. Everyone holds doors for everyone, even if they are a yard away. The campus itself is well kept. Every morning I see people who are watering flowers or picking up trash. The professors are easy to work with and easy to get in contact with.

I love the campus and how friendly everyone is. The size of the campus is perfect it’s not to small or to big. University Of Whitewater helps you succeed. They have tutoring service available for all students.

Delaney

Whitewater is a great college and the fit for you if you are looking for a small college town. The professors and classmates are awesome and very welcoming. The living is very affordable and easy to find great roommates. Whitewater has made me feel like home. I am never homesick when I am there. I LOVE Whitewater!

Overall, Whitewater is a pretty good school that has a lot of opportunities for students and a lot of involvement. They encourage students to get involved in sports, and many on campus clubs. Most classes have a small amount of students in them so it is easy to get help by the professors if needed.

Alexsia

Overall, I feel as if the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is a great university to attend. I have made countless connections with my peers and advisors, along with getting the best education for my intended field of study. Whitewater is a friendly location, and a perfect town to host a university.

Larissa

I am extremely excited to attend in the fall. I have visited and even stayed on campus and it was one of the best experiences I have had in my entire life. The campus is gorgeous everyone is so nice, I really just can't wait to attend in September.

Anthony

I love UW-Whitewater. I thought that being a minority and coming here i would experience a lot of discomfort but thats not the case at all. Most of the people here are very nice and also want to make friends. The education aspect of this school is outstanding. We learn from Professors who really know the field and can provide help insight on both the field itself and the time they spent learning it in college.

I love UWW. And I’m so glad I decided to attend here compared to other university’s. It has truly been a home for me where I’ve learned to grow, and it’s resources have given me every opportunity to reach my professional goals! Whitewater is an amazing community that provides the best college experience.

I've loved my experience at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater. It was actually my second choice to begin with, but I whole-heartedly believe I was meant to be here. Whitewater is the PERFECT school. You can still be a big fish in a small pond without feeling like you know almost everyone-- there are tons of course options, but the class sizes are rarely larger than 60. It's also fun to go to a division 3 school that has extraordinary athletics.

Whitewater became my home away from home. Spending time there meant the world to me and I learned so much about myself personally and professionally. Without Whitewater I would not be as successful as I am today in my life. I speak highly of my experience and always encourage others to visit and apply to the school.

Crystal

There are great perks to being a Warhawk, such as the graduation rate and being hired before graduating. Football games are packed and Greek Life is the BEST. Bars in town have the cheapest drinks around and the friendliest bartenders. Always something to do on campus or off campus.

Colette

Whitewater is a very Republican school, but that doesn't mean that everyone shares the same opinions. You'll run into a few people who are a bit boar-headed and some that might frustrate you beyond belief. But Whitewater is also a beautiful campus, with professors that actually care. I've met my best friends and I feel important here. Just don't go to Esker, Drumlin is a much better dining hall.

Kellie

I really like University of Wisconsin-Whitewater! The professors care about their students and if students communicate, professors are always willing to help. It's easy to make friends in the dorm environment and they help make the transition from home to college so much easier. The campus is medium sized so it's not super small but not super big where you get lost. You can reach the opposite of campus in 15 minutes.

Noucheng

My overall opinion of University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is that it is a nice and quiet place. The campus is large but nothing is ever too far of a walking distance. The community is outgoing and passionate. Everyone is considered a part of the Warhawk family.

Isaac

It is the centerpiece of a small town and without the students, the town is boring. But in such a small town there always arises the trouble of finding things to do especially during the winter time when there is nothing going on around campus. Whitewater needs improvements.

Metrice

Well, personally as a Transfer student who's never really cared much for school, I came to this campus with absolutely no expectations, but I've figured out that once you get used to the fact that you're literally in the middle of nowhere with nothing much to do but socialize (maybe) and focus on your work you learn to appreciate nature more and how different the campus is compared to most other schools that are a bit more city-based. And hey, it's easier to sleep out here, so win-win for me. haha

Liz

Overall-- I'm pretty happy with my decision to go to Whitewater. The professors are engaged with your learning journey. Administration listens to student needs & willing to make adjustments. If you want a challenge, Whitewater will live up to the expectation.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater is a fantastic school! The people here care about you and what you need, and they work to help you. The Professors are knowledgeable, and the people are inclusive. The staff is very supportive, and helpful. This is an amazing school.

Ladda

Honestly, Whitewater is what you make it. It's a very small college town and may be a little shocking if you come from a big city, but it's not that bad. The campus itself is very appealing, the people are incredibly friendly, and there are always events on and off campus to enjoy. It feels like home when you're away from home, that's the best way to describe it.

My'Asia

Although the weather sucks, I can't see myself being anywhere else. The professors are personal and care about every one of the students that walk into their space. I apreciate the genuine effort the cooks put into giving us good food made with love. They try hard every single day to make sure the facilities are clean and stocked with food.

Dante

It is a fine school with adequate accommodations in almost every sense of the word, however, it feels rather uninspired. Your fellow students rarely talk about anything intellectual outside of class, where it is mandated, and a good number of the professors I experienced did not seem to be all that enthusiastic about the subject matter they taught.

Jon'nah

I think Whitewater is an awesome school to attend. I made the right choice choosing this school. It offers so many opportunities for students. The professors and counselors are easily accessible and respond back whenever I have questions. The dorms are clean and the food choices are great. The athletic programs are awesome and the coaches are the best around.

Angie

Academically, whitewater is a good school. There are several resources on campus for students with disabilities and a new tutor center was just built. Every hall has a computer lab with free printing everywhere. There are business fairs, conference rooms, and interview preparations to ensure success. Class sizes are small, some are large, but it is very easy to get in contact with professors regardless of the class size. Although the school has good recourses, the city of Whitewater is boring, there are not a lot of food places, and nowhere to shop. The only large store in the city is Walmart. The nearest city, Janesville, does not have good businesses either. The nearest best city is either Milwaukee or Madison. Whitewater is a backpack campus, meaning that it can be a ghost town on weekends, as people like to visit home often. The city has awful services- snow plowing is bad, no cabs or ubers, and no fun city events. The roads are terrible because there are holes in the streets and extremely steep slopes at the end of every driveway. The off -campus houses are almost all run day and moldy with lots of bad landlords. Some of the facilities on campus are nice, but the city overall is not attractive or entertaining. This is a good campus if you are planning on coming for an education and going home on the weekends, but if you are looking for a nice place to live and things to do, this is NOT the place for that. I hope this review is helpful and it is not only my opinion, many people have this opinion of UWW.

Mara

I love the size of the campus. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from one side to the other. However, being there for almost 5 years now. It is tiresome. People are pretty nice and there is always something going on. Whether that be sporting events, theatrical plays or musicals, art exhibits, greek life, or just night life downtown on weekends. There are so many organizations it is easy to be involved.

Mickenzie

I think that Whitewater is a very good college, there are so many different opportunities that you are more than welcome to take. The professors are all very helpful and there are so many service hours that you can get. I find the classes challenging, but the teachers are always there when you need help, inside and outside of the classroom.

Elyssa

The University of Whitewater is a very welcoming place. There is something new to observe every single day in this very quaint, but effervescent, small Wisconsin town. If you are looking for a comfortable community with stellar academic opportunities and beautiful scenery around campus and town, then this is the place for you!

My overall opinion of the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is it looks as if it is a safe and enjoyable college. A lot of the students are involved in extracurricular activities and I have witnessed a lot of students who take their academic life seriously, as well. It is a balance of fun and hard work, which is how most universities should be. It will be nice to have a roommate for the first couple of years of my college career, and what is also nice about the school is how they do not judge based on race, gender, or sexuality and ethnicity, so no matter what we are together.

Mitchell

it is a nice school. I am placed at the alternate campus in rock county and it is a small school with nice 20 to 30 student classes. there is no housing but there is everything you need to get through a day on campus. i would highly recommend this school for anyone who is unsure of their major or looking for a inexpensive school.

Anna

University of Wisconsin-Whitewater is an amazing campus. It has amazing academics, sports, housing, food, and groups to join. There truly is something for everyone on campus. Whether that be joining in Greek Life or participating in theatre or getting one of the many jobs on campus. UW-W is one of the best colleges in Wisconsin and, dare I say, the Midwest!

Martin

If you are a student who never needs help you'll be fine. If you're the kind of student who needs tutoring you should try to go anywhere else. I'm a third year Senior now and I will most likely have to drop out because I can't get any help with anything. I don't even have a program advisor (which I have been complaining about for two years now).

Victoria

The school feels like my home away from home, the environment and culture surrounding campus is very positive and you know everyone is here for their education. There is the occasional party you hear about but the party culture is not prominent if you don't get involved in it, it is overall a really good school.

Madison

I really like it there. Sometimes I wish we had better housing but hey, we pay the lowest prices in the state and get the most bang for our buck as possible. I'm just trying to get out of here debt free and it looks like it might work out that way. 10/10