Laramie, WY
University of Wyoming

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wyoming

I would go back and tell myself that life doesn't necessarily make more sense or work out more perfectly just because the next chapter of your life has finally started. But that doesn't mean I did anything wrong. Just as you have already told yourself and your best friend a couple times, things will always work out, eventually. We just have to work hard for what we want. Things don't always just get handed to you, you have to strive for them and make them work. I would tell myself to continue to remember that if something is worth fighting for, then I need to and will fight for it, so keep on fighting.

Before coming to UW it is good to learn good time management, compared to high school you have a lot more free time in college. Although you will find yourself wanting to take advantage of this new extra free time it is important to remember to get all of your class work done. It is far easier, and better, to at least keep up if not stay a little ahead than it is to play catch up.

The University of Wyoming is very affordable compared to other colleges, and the in-state scholarships are very helpful. The Criminal Justice program and classes are also great, and they are great at helping you get into your career field through internships and connecting you with Criminal Justice employers.

Austin

Going to college is a big step and an exciting adventure. Here is some advice to make the most of your time. As a student, there are tons of free resources available to you that you should take advantage of like resume help, financial counseling, gym access and the list goes on. Another thing that will help you out a ton is to be purposeful about the classes you choose to fulfill your degree requirements. Meeting regularly with your advisor, at least once every term is key to finishing as soon as possible, which in turn protects your bank account. Getting free money for school will save you from a lot of stress. Spend several hours a week looking for and applying for scholarships. Another thing I would recommend is get involved with the community either through intramural sports or through volunteering. It will help in getting scholarships and will look good to future employers. School is important but if you don’t have a social life then you aren’t experiencing college to the fullest. You are young and your life is just beginning so don’t forget to enjoy yourself and have fun.

Kaylee

I would tell myself to work hard. I would tell myself that everyone there is just as nervous about the class as you are. You aren't the only one who is nervous about their future, about the school, about the classes, about failure. I would let myself know that working with people isn't hard, because everyone wants the same outcome and everyone is working towards the same thing. I would let myself know that most people are very open minded and not to be scared. I would let myself know that instructors are there to help me and not to intimidate me. I would let myself know that I had to work hard for my goals, and not be misguided by claims of hard classes. I would tell myself that nothing was hard unless I didn't give my best effort. I would let myself know that I needed to get 8 hours of sleep, otherwise the stress would get away from me. I would tell myself to always eat breakfast, otherwise I would be sad all day. These are the things I would tell myself before I started college knowing what I know now.

Carol

The wind and cold in Laramie!

The wind and cold in Laramie!

I went to college as a non-trad student. I would advise peers to find the non-trad student center and utilize them. World of knowledge is available with that group of people who understand your struggles and can help with them-anything from study groups to sharing child care to grown up activities. The support group is the key to succeeding in this young person's world.

The wind and cold weather in Laramie.

seth

The University of Wyoming provides quality education at an unreasonably affordable price.

Take risks, break out of your shell, embrace who you are and chase who you want to be.

A financially responsible Wyoming native that wants a quality education at a great price. Someone that wants the college experience with smaller class sizes. It may be a small town but is a couple hours from Denver if you want a big city experience.

Sally

My classmates are friendly, helpful and motivated.

My classmates are friendly, helpful and motivated.

If I could go back and tell my High School Senior-self advice, I would start with “fill out as many scholarships as possible because you are going to need every little bit of assistance.” I would tell myself to save every penny I was making at my high school job, “because college is more expensive than you could possibly imagine”. I would make myself contact the new Wyoming volleyball coach and try to play, even if it meant walking on. I would emphasize that “you will miss volleyball more than anything, and that you will regret never knowing if you were capable of Division One athletics”. I would encourage myself to “keep up the good work in classes, but go in for extra help in math so that you can get an 'A' in there”. Finally, I would advise myself to study harder for the A.P. U.S. History test and to get just one point higher to get those college credits. While it would be wonderful to return to the past and help myself make wiser decisions, I’ve learned and grown from my actions, and I am still pleased with where I am today.

You should attend this school if you enjoy a sense of community and belonging. There is always some activity or group to participate in and you can build strong relationships with so many new people.

Grace

In my college experience, I feel as though I have learned exponentially from the mistakes I have made. I would tell myself to be constantly involved in the classroom environment to better enhance the memories I reach back to for use in the future. I would takes notes as I percieve the information rather than copying the professors writings verbatim. This way I can comprehend the information given in my own creative way. I would use resources given at my college at every oppurtunity provided, as they are only there to help me. I would forge relationships with my professors and classmates to broaden my horizons. I would tell myself to take my time with my studies a little each day, opposed to devising a plan to cram the information quickly the night before. My college experience has taught me to take chances and assert myself using my inner willpower. I would tell myself to don't be afraid to share my opinion, and ask questions, as this is the only way to learn the knowledge I have not yet acquired. I would follow my passion in terms of my career.

Francisco

I would advise myself to do better in the class room then focus on sports. Coaches for soccer and wrestling in the college level would of been more impressed with my grades instead of just my athletic ability. Could of possibly get a full ride somewhere with them knowing I am not going to be a waste of time because i couldn't keep up with my school work. Or even apply for more scholarships when i had the time. Also instead of taking another class to get my advanced dipolma other than having off campus.

Brittney

I go to the Outreach school in Casper, for the University of Wyoming. It is small here. The teachers are awesome. They are very invested and want to see their students succeed. I fit in because I was raised here. I really like that it is small, and here at UW/CC we are all very serious about our education. Most of us work full time and/or have kids, so the classes are evening classes.

After taking numerous Psychology courses, I have learned that asking a 17 or 18 year old child to decide on what they want to do for the rest of his or her life is not fair. At that age, kids do not have the capacity to really plan for their future. There is too much going on. If I could tell myself something that I know that I would have absolutely listened to, I would say that I do not need to make any big decisions. I would let myself know that it is okay for me to get some general classes out of the way. I would let myself know that this is the time to find out who I am. I would advise myself to enjoy everything, work hard, but do not stress. Everything will work out, and even if it takes some time, you are right where you need to be.

A lot of the scholarships that I have looked at are for people aho have children, or are math or engineer majors. I am going into social work, and I have no children. So, it is very hard for me to find financial aide. However, I need help. I make less than $20,000 a year, and I have bills to pay.

Greg

Academics are pretty basic but the class sizes are small enough that a professor will remember you.

I'm an out bisexual and I haven't gotten any flack from the students here. They may think differently but no one has even said anything offensive to me. Very accepting or if they aren't they are quiet about it. I think very Liberal, too fashion forward people would feel very out of place in the cowboy boots, republican center.Most kids wear jeans a t to class. I'm in a fraternity so I usually class it up as does much of the greek community.

Yeah we have the Jocks and the Frat guys but they don't really conform to a stereotype....most of the time. There are so many different kinds of people ere so it's hard to stick to a stereotype

University of Wyoming administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.