Laramie, WY
University of Wyoming

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wyoming

Amy

The University of Wyoming is perfect. There are plenty of outdoor activities only minutes from town, the climbing gym and outdoor program are amazing, and the classes are perfect. Granted, like any college, you will run into those difficult professors, but for the most part the staff and community is amazing. As for the parties, I got into plenty of them my freshman year and had a good time. I've known the party scene to ruin people's academic record, but like anything moderation helps. For those that like to party it is pretty accessible. My scene is the outdoors and I could not be more happy with my decision to attend the University of Wyoming!

Morgna

The University of Wyoming offers a unique college experience. The administration does a wonderful job at keeping in touch with students and tracking academic progress. Along with having some of the lowest tuition rates in the country, it also has smaller class sizes and a home-town feel. Laramie, where the university is located, is in southeast Wyoming. The people who work for and attend the university are genuine, friendly and hardworking. Overall a great experience with the staff and students here! GO POKES

Erika
Amazing Place!

I absolutely love Wyoming! There is so much to do and I've heard many great things!

Amazing Place!

Cathryn

I really enjoy being a student at UW. The classes are much smaller than some of the other universities and the teachers are much more accessible and show that they care about the students.

The beginning of semester free concerts and the border war which is a rivalry between the Cowboys and the Air Force Academy. The Air Force Jets always do a fly over air show at halftime.

The materials are up to date and presented in a way that is easy to understand as long as you come to class prepared. (and sometimes even if you aren't). The professors are accessible and care about their work and the students. They take extra time with the students if needed and the classes are much smaller than many other universities.

If I take any classes at the community college I have to do a consortium agreement which is frustrating going back and forth from the colleges with paperwork.

The things I am learning about. (makes me a much better conversationalist). And the pride I have in being a UW student. Also taking classes with Larry Nance JR. who just signed with the Lakers. :) Pretty awesome, hope you remember me when I hit you up for tickets Larry ;)

Someone who just wants to party. They is plenty of party in Laramie, however you do need to take your classes seriously. Priorities.

Adrianna

The classes are wonderful and the teachers are great!

The classes are wonderful and the teachers are great!

I wish that someone had told me that the opinions of people did not matter so much, because ultimately it does not affect who you are or what you have set out to do. Don't worry about the people who think they are better than you, because they have their own problems.

Allie

Great Education! Wonderful location with lots of outdoor acitvities - camping, hiking, backpacking, fishing, skiing, hunting, cross country skiing, golfing, ect. The school organizes many trips a year for students who wish to be involved. A great animal science, law, nursing, pre-vet, biology, & pharmacy programs! Small class sizes so there is one on one teacher time. Also price is wonderful for in-state students- they offer a scholarship for student who went to high school in Wyoming.

Your whole life is in front of you! So live it up! Stop worrying about what other people think!! Your true friends are going to love your crazy weirdness and for who you truly are. If they dont you'll find out the hard way they dont really love you. Dont worry about boyfriends, when Mr. Right comes along you'll know it - Trust me! Love your friends and family and dont ever forget about them. Mom will always be your biggest supporter so when she pesters and nags you- just assume she is right and your wrong. Her first impressions of people are always spot on- even if it takes you years to figure it out yourself- trust her! Never once has she been wrong when it comes to your education...or dating. Give grandma a hug every single chance you get and please please remeber to tell her that you love her. Go on your trips your only going to be young once- volunteer in Africa spaying and nuetering dogs and cats and go with dad on his Alaskan fishing trip. Most of all- don't forget who you are, where you can from and love yourself.

People who love: a high education level, social groups centered around education, small class room size, small town atmosphere, and a love for the outdoors.

Surprisingly smarter than I expected.

Surprisingly smarter than I expected.

Dear Mike, I know there's a lot of pressure about going to college, but don't let that make the decision for you. I strongly recommend that you get out into the real world and find out what you like and don't like before committing to a college degree. Getting a job is going to be the best way to really learn about yourself, meet new people, and become independent. The only way you're going to know that the piece of paper you paid so much time and money to earn was a not a waste money is by being sure that you got the right degree for you. Not only will have a better idea of what you really want to do with the rest of your life, but you'll have the background to help you make it through school with good grades. The decision is, of course, yours to make. Just keep in mind my advice that you take the time necessary to make the right decision for yourself.

The most frustrating thing about being a first year law student is not knowing what is expected of you. Although we have a general idea that there will be a lot of reading and writing, we have no idea how to read a case that was written in the 1800's or write a case brief about it. What's worse, we have no idea how to write an exam answer and there's no time to learn from our professors.

Dustin

If I were to talk to myself before entering the University I would tell myself to do what makes me happy and find my place in the world. As I have lived life since that point, I have made a great attempt to find my place in the world. Without a place in the world one is like a pen with no ink. I would say “your place in the world will define your calling and help you to be more.” Each person has a voice within themselves which speaks only to them; it addresses that calling, the longing for more. Not materialism, but the idea that one is destined for greatness and adventure. Greatness comes in the form of many ideas based on the individual. In this concept, you must put forth great effort in finding a place in the world consisting of greatness and adventure. By doing so you will find one idea that trumps everything else, self-care above all. Self-care involves giving the necessary attention to one’s self, both physically and mentally, to maintain a stable state of existence. If one is always looked after and needs are met, life becomes easier to live.

Upon entering this foreign land from a seemingly foreign place, it would have been beneficial to be more informed about the culture in this region of the country. Coming from a large city and culturally diverse place with a much different climate, it was difficult to acclimate. The people here seem to come from small towns with less people than my high school graduating class. Their knowledge of culture seems to be based on media or a small amount of real world knowledge. All of my experiences in life did not prepare me for the culture.

When talking with my friends about the school I attend I most boast about the quality of the geology department. The college is one of the best in this region and is located in possibly the best area for geological study. The professors within the department tend to be renowned in their field and are very engaged in teaching students. The college arranges field trips and stresses the importance of comradery within the students. The Geology department here at the university really is one of the best I know of.

Brandi

This school is best known for its teachers that are dedicated to the success of the students and the large amount of extra-curricular activities available.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that perseverance is key. I would also tell my high school self that starting out at a community college is perfectly fine and would even result in a fantastic education and the enhancement of skills that aid in doing better at the four-year college level. I would tell myself to remember that one bad grade on an assignment is no reason to freak out, it just means you have to work a little harder or clarify the teachers expectations, but it is not the end of the world! Most of all I would make sure to tell myself that as long as you keep trying and strive to do your best, things will fall into place and those things that don't work out as expected can teach you so much.

I wish I had known that it would be a bit of a shock compared to high school but that finding the right group of people to be friends with and persevering through really does lead to a wonderful experience and a better education.

University of Wyoming administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.