Laramie, WY
University of Wyoming

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend University of Wyoming

Brandi

This school is best known for its teachers that are dedicated to the success of the students and the large amount of extra-curricular activities available.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself that perseverance is key. I would also tell my high school self that starting out at a community college is perfectly fine and would even result in a fantastic education and the enhancement of skills that aid in doing better at the four-year college level. I would tell myself to remember that one bad grade on an assignment is no reason to freak out, it just means you have to work a little harder or clarify the teachers expectations, but it is not the end of the world! Most of all I would make sure to tell myself that as long as you keep trying and strive to do your best, things will fall into place and those things that don't work out as expected can teach you so much.

I wish I had known that it would be a bit of a shock compared to high school but that finding the right group of people to be friends with and persevering through really does lead to a wonderful experience and a better education.

Brian

Everybody is seeking life happiness.

Everybody is seeking life happiness.

The college of engineering and the college of education.

Go undeclared for the first semester or two of college. Let's be honest here, you have no idea what you want to do. You're good at maths and you did a higher level chemistry class. You're good at it, but do you like it? You and I both know the answer. Afterall, I know exactly what you're thinking. Take some time to discover yourself and who you want to be. Also, there will a job opening at the GameStop across the street. You take that job, soldier. That is a cool job, homie. Seek out more scholarships - money is cool. Now, our essays are quite good, so do them. You like answering questions about yourself, so put it to good use. Tally-ho, my good man.

Brayan

Prejudice is an idea of ??the nature of something that is not necessarily supported, and that makes you will automatically qualify a function of what appears. a stereotype is a mold in. The muscular man, with a thin woman with a shiaple body.

All students are very cool, I feel like a family with them they are very open mind, I have two very good friends I met them here in the school.

Mannan

I'm in the engineering department and the atmosphere isn't really good. Professors in my department don;t even care about their students and are busy with their own research. They have a condescending attitude towards every student. We have couple of professors from Stanford, who consider every single person in the department an idiot. For example, the professors in our department have a 30 minutes per week maximum time to meet students, which is ridiculous compared to the professors in other departments , who know their students very well. Oh and also, the department doesn't have resources to teach the ridiculous amount of students they have enrolled, even the students with a GPA of 2.0. This has resulted int he industry considering every student in the department to be an idiot, even the ones with a 3.8 GPA. oh also, adding that the number of companies that have been showing up for job fairs is exponentially going down. Even Montana tech is better than UW

Boring, and really easy to get away with cheating, because the professors don't care anymore. They don't reward students who actually make an effort

Rachel, I know you have worked your buns off for twelve years, trying to impress your parents and sisters with your grades. Little do you know, gorgeous, you are going to need so much more than an "A" in senior English to be ready for college. Leaving for college means that all of the comfort blankets you have grown up with--work and parents-- are going to be long gone. It is time to really blossom as a social butterfly and meet friends that can carry you through to a new chapter in life! It is incredibly easy to breeze through college with just yourself to keep you company, but it is not nearly enough to be happy. Times are lean in college (not a lot of Ramen to go around), so why not surround yourself with friends to cheer you on and make you feel more comfortable during what will be the most stressful move of a lifetime. So you get out there sunshine; make the friends you deserve.

I find the worst thing about the University of Wyoming to be the mandatory dormatory residence. It is required for all first year students to live in the residence halls, which tacks on thousands to the cost of attendance. It is nice living in the halls as it gives one a great chance to meet a wide variety of people...but I would rather save my money for an off campus appartment.

In my university, there is an online grading program which is mandatory for all classes to use. it often breaks down and will even sometimes lock students out making it impossible to comple assignments. It would be easier to keep classwork on paper where it can certainly get done!

Sheridan

My classmates are very willing to help with homework and studying when you need it.

I would have told my senior self to take nothing for granted. Friendships are going to change and you will actually miss your family. However, embrace the change and experience exciting and new things. Also, I would have told myself that it is okay to ask for help and go to counseling. Since I've started going my sophomore year I have been able to accomplish a lot more. Follow your heart even if people look down on your major, if it is what you love than let nothing stand in the way. I promise that you will figure out your life soon enough.

This school focuses highly on engineering as well has agriculture. This isn't the best school to attend for fashion design.

My school is best known for having strong programs in Petroleum Engineering and Nursing.

I would tell myself that the things that I was stressing out about in high school, just don't matter after graduation. I would tell myself that no one in college cares that you were a varsity dancer, or that you couldn't go to your sophomore homecoming because of your grades. College is so much more accepting than high school, so I would tell myself to just push through because it does get better!

I don't find anything frustrating about my school! I love it here!

Kristina

I would tell myself to be less frightened abou the process, and to trust myself to do my best. I would tell myself to work harder, to try and get more out of every experience, and to not worry about what others think. I would want myself to be more confident in myself and my abilities, and to strive for excellence. Take every opportunity and don't look back!

I love the size, how it feels just right, but perhaps an even better aspect of UW is the quality of its resources. It is a medium sized school with the resources of a much larger school; I feel that anything I need to learn, I can find it through UW. The library is a fantistic collection and the faculty here are top notch.

I wish I had known more about the disability services, and also about the various tutoring options. It would have been helpful to look into both-- as well as the student career center.

The University of Wyoming is known for it's great integrity. It is an honor to attend the University due to it's high respect throughout the state.

If I could go back in time I would tell myself to enjoy high school but remember to look at the future. It is important to explore avenues while still in high school such as concurrent classes offered in high school. Completing as many concurrent classes and earning as many college credits in high school is that much more helpful. I would also suggest to myself to attend a community college for the first couple of years. It seems to be a good way to save a little money by taking classes at a community college versis the Universities.

The most fustrating thing about the University of Wyoming would be the lack of support from the academic advisor. As a student we are so focused on the basic enrollment into school we miss some of the little things. If the advisor would be a little more supportive they could point out the items missed.

Aspen

Aspen, There is a lot more to college than just focusing on grades. Financials are going to be much tougher to deal with than you originally thought. Get a job right away rather than waiting for a semester. Not only will the job help you get ahead in tuition but it will also help you make friends. Continuing on with making friends you need to be more social and get involved. Most people here need study budies as well and even studying with people will help you make friends. They are definitly important and they will help you relax and take a break from all of these continuing stresses from growing up. That is what I will say is most important. Use your friends to relax. Everyone needs a break every once in a while and it will help you from breaking down. Your first year of college will set you up for a wonderful future take time to enjoy it.

I have loved my experience here at the University of Wyoming. I do not believe there is any type of person that should not come here.

The majority of students at this university are from within the state of Wyoming. This school definitly fsvors these students by more scholarship opportunities. If I were coming from any highschool in Wyoming it is ideal to come to the University of Wyoming. Other than being from Wyoming I strongly believe that any kind of person can come to this school.

University of Wyoming administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.