University of Wyoming Top Questions

I go to the Outreach school in Casper, for the University of Wyoming. It is small here. The teachers are awesome. They are very invested and want to see their students succeed. I fit in because I was raised here. I really like that it is small, and here at UW/CC we are all very serious about our education. Most of us work full time and/or have kids, so the classes are evening classes.

There are alot of opportunities for students to get involved here on camous. The fraternity and sorority life at UW is a one of a kind experience. You get to know alot of people and they accept you for who you are. You can also get involved in government here. For 2012- present, I am serving on the Associated Students for the University of Wyoming as a Senator. Only very few get that prestigious honor

It's not as big as the other Universities I was looking into. I like the size and how I don't have to drive all around town to get around the campus, like I would've had to if I chose Texas Tech or University of Texas at Austin.

There are some things that you should know before coming here, in some ways Wyoming will feel like a different world because it is pretty different from everywhere else in the US. It has a very high elevation (7220 ft, that's almost a mile and a half) so it may be hard to breathe when you first get here. As such it can also get really cold here too. Windy almost every day and snow as early as September to as late as May. Do not be surprised if it is -10 degrees outside. It isn't common, but it can happen. Parking is usually a problem too throughout town and there is not public transportation. All in all though, Wyoming is a great choice.

The University of Wyoming iis a small school situated in a small town high up in the mountains, and this location lends the school its greatest strength. Looking at the University of North Texas and Emerson College neither afforded the opportunity to discover and enjoy so much of nature's bounty. Whether by taking a weekend retreat to a cabin in the woods for freshman leadership training half an hour north, snowshoeing in an offroad pass 10 minutes outside of town or simply enjoying the view from my window, Wyoming has so much to offer through nontraditional learning.

The people here are wonderful and I m already having the time of my life. It offers everything I want to do from club and intramural sports to on campus Christian groups to lead and support me in my college years. Not only are there extracurricular activities to do, but my class challenging and my professors have been approachable and helpful. Something I learned recently is that we are a level one research university, so I am being taught by top of the line professors who are still active in research in their field.

It's a smaller school that still has everything a large school does. A D1 football team and varsity sports, and other great on campus activities

Its the only 4 year school in the state, and is comparatively cheap.

Wyoming was very inexpensive and provided the same education if not better. Also, not very many people from my hometown came to Wyoming so it was an oppertunity for myself to grow up.

The States commercial economy is based around every form of energy besides nuclear. The state uses almost all of those taxes generated from oil, gas, minerals etc, to fund schools (like 80{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} or so). Since the university of Wyoming is the only 4 year university in the state they have alot of resources which they have invested in technology, scholarships, and new state-of-the-art buildings. A smaller university has allowed me as a sophore to have the opportunity to do research and teach college level classes. The faculty is VERY helpful and all your teachers know your name.

I think that the University of Wyoming has a lot of extremely friendly students. I hear people all the time talking about how different it is solely because everyone here is so friendly.

Trevor

UW is a smaller University so you won't have huge lecture class. You will have some class that are big but the biggest lecture class room only holds about 120 students. The average class is only 30 students. This is really great. Another great thing about UW is that most all of the lectures are taught by professors and not T.A.s. Labs and discussions are taught by T.a.s but not lectures. This is really helpful and professors want to get to know you. They recommend coming to their office hours.

Patricia

University of Wyoming is near the mountains, which is unique compared to all the other schools i looked at.

It is not considered wind until it is above 45 mph...

Many people on campus have cars, in fact almost all the students do. If you're from far away like me and won't be taking a car to campus, keep in mind the arrangements needed to get to and from the airport and the hassles you may have to endure. Also, if you prefer a city with lots of public transportation then this is NOT the place for you.

Overall, I really love going to school here! The summers in Laramie are gorgeous! I wouldn't change schools for anything.

Christey

The campus is great its so beautiful and its just the right size. And Laramie is in a great location. We live 45 minutes from Cheyenne, an hour fro Ft. Collins, and 2 hours from denver.

Torry

The friends I've met here are AWESOME, Rocky Mountain Democrats are AWESOME, the gym is AWESOME, the Fine Arts programs are AWESOME, and the overall atmosphere of the campus is AWESOME, but the wind sucks ASS.

Wyoming is an amazing place and we are lucky to attend school here because it makes us different.