University of Wyoming

« See more reviews of University of Wyoming

What is the stereotype of students at your school? Is this stereotype accurate?

Students at the University of Wyoming are often stereotyped of a blue collar/low class varity, including cowboys, homophobes (in large part due to the murder of Matthew Shepard in 1998), racists, and generally uneducated. Students at the school are additionally stereotyped as heavy drinkers. While any of these labels are appropriate to some students, as a whole they are untrue. I have found a majority of students to be culturally accepting, diverse, highly informed of local and global issues and perspectives. A considerable number do consume alcohol, and some underage, so one could argue that stereotype is the closest to being accurate, though most students do not let drinking interfere directly with their studies and the University offers many alternative weekend activities.

The University of Wyoming consists of a wide variety of stereotypes. These stereotypes range from geeks to jocks. Hence, this university is very much like many other universities in the nation. Its most common stereotypes consist of athletes, leaders, foreign students, tutors, Frat boys, Sorority girls, party animals, artsy students, music students, band students, choir students, theater students, law students, engineering students, nursing students, anime nerds, gamers, rednecks, cowboys, cowgirls, gays, lesbians, loners, and the average bland college student. Therefore, it covers a wide assortment of stereotypes. Overall, these stereotypes are fairly accurate and do represent the student population at UW.

The stereotype of students at the University of Wyoming is that we are all cowboys. People typically have the idea that we all wear boots, ranch, farm, and rodeo. Although there are many kids who come from ranching or farming backgrounds, the majority of the students are not "cowboys." Not everyone wears boots and a cowboy hat. Overall, the University of Wyoming has a diverse population with students from across the nation/world.

There are lots of people who are considered "nerds" or "geeks" because they enjoy anime and video games and things like that. There are others who are known as "jocks" because they play well and are well known for the sports they participate in.

Prejudice is an idea of ??the nature of something that is not necessarily supported, and that makes you will automatically qualify a function of what appears. a stereotype is a mold in. The muscular man, with a thin woman with a shiaple body.

Yeah we have the Jocks and the Frat guys but they don't really conform to a stereotype....most of the time. There are so many different kinds of people ere so it's hard to stick to a stereotype

stoners

One common stereotype is hicks. Students of other schools view many of the University of Wyoming students as this stereotype.