University of Wyoming

« See more reviews of University of Wyoming

The most frustrating thing about the University of Wyoming is the weather. It is really cold here almost all year round. It is very hard to walk to class in the negative degree temperatures especially when it takes ten minutes to walk to some of the classroom buildings. Also, some of the buildings are off campus so you have to drive to them which can be hard when three inches of snow were dropped the night before.

The most frustrating thing about being a first year law student is not knowing what is expected of you. Although we have a general idea that there will be a lot of reading and writing, we have no idea how to read a case that was written in the 1800's or write a case brief about it. What's worse, we have no idea how to write an exam answer and there's no time to learn from our professors.

You mean other than the constant wind? I think that the most frustrating thing about the University of Wyoming is that it can be a little difficult to find out some of the information you're looking for. For example if you call to ask a question about somthing on your student account you might get transfered a hundred times, but if you're patient you CAN find the information you seek.

Not really much about the school but the town itself. There is not alot to do just on like a lazy afternoon. Its either all in or not at all. I would like to see more activities that are more laid back and more places where kids can just hang out without having alot expected of them. Just a way to relax and unwind without having to do something full throttle.

I never felt like my professors or advisors had any time to really sit down and help. Everyone seemed to be too busy doing research with their graduate students that the undergraduate members seemed to be overlooked. The educational experience was well rounded, and I feel like I can compete in the current job market, but getting here was a bit frustrating.

How much time must be spent outside of a class for a zero credit class. I have to spend nearly an hour a day practicing for most of my music classes,when I only recieve one credit. This adds up to over 12 hours of school a day, if not more. Most music classes are one credit and they require more for all the work we put into them.

The most fustrating thing about the University of Wyoming would be the lack of support from the academic advisor. As a student we are so focused on the basic enrollment into school we miss some of the little things. If the advisor would be a little more supportive they could point out the items missed.

The most frustrating thing about our school is that the campuse is hard to find a parking place. I live off campus so I drive to school in the winter when the temperature is in the single digits. It would be very helpful if the University did something to make this better for commuting students.

In my university, there is an online grading program which is mandatory for all classes to use. it often breaks down and will even sometimes lock students out making it impossible to comple assignments. It would be easier to keep classwork on paper where it can certainly get done!

The University of Wyoming doesn't get the credit it deserves. The athletic teams often go unnoticed on a national level because their records aren't as great as other teams, however there are so many talented student athletes that deserve to be recognized.