University of Wyoming Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for University of Wyoming

Brenna

It is incredibly affordable and for that reason is a great option for many students who would otherwise not be able to attend a four year university.

Erika

I absolutely love Wyoming! There is so much to do and I've heard many great things!

Amy

The University of Wyoming is perfect. There are plenty of outdoor activities only minutes from town, the climbing gym and outdoor program are amazing, and the classes are perfect. Granted, like any college, you will run into those difficult professors, but for the most part the staff and community is amazing. As for the parties, I got into plenty of them my freshman year and had a good time. I've known the party scene to ruin people's academic record, but like anything moderation helps. For those that like to party it is pretty accessible. My scene is the outdoors and I could not be more happy with my decision to attend the University of Wyoming!

The University of Wyoming is a wonderful and safe school with many opportunities for every type of person. The degree programs are straightforward and easy to accomplish, as well as engaging and exciting. I was not excited to come here at first, but now that I have been here for a semester, there is nowhere I would rather be.

Lenita

I am very satisfied with this college. I love the outreach programs that allow me to live in another city and still go to college! I recommend this college to all. I am very impressed with the all the teachers and how they help you with anything you need!

Janet

The University of Wyoming is a good place. One of the resources is that they have a ton of resources that help, either getting a check up the health center to tutors to help with school. Our school pride makes it fun we wear out colors with pride no matter what the event. And finally the people are welcoming, everyone from on campus to off campus.

Zach

I think it's a good school. A problem here is it isn't very racially diverse, so it's understandable why it can be harder for minorities here. If that doesn't bother you, this school should be pretty good to you. I mean there's beautiful scenery around, you live in the mountains, and school is cheap. It's pretty special

Morgna

The University of Wyoming offers a unique college experience. The administration does a wonderful job at keeping in touch with students and tracking academic progress. Along with having some of the lowest tuition rates in the country, it also has smaller class sizes and a home-town feel. Laramie, where the university is located, is in southeast Wyoming. The people who work for and attend the university are genuine, friendly and hardworking. Overall a great experience with the staff and students here! GO POKES

Sabia

I really like the Campus and the instructors are great in what they do!

Drake

What do I have to say about University of Wyoming? My overall opnion

Aaliyah

The Univesity of Wyoming has a very homey feel to it. It's obviously scary to take the next step from high school to college but the University of Wyoming made it feel like it was just a big step instead of a giant leap. I don't want to say there is a high school vibe at the University of Wyoming because 1. who wants to go back to high school and 2. it was something so new but familiar at the same time. The classrooms are small enough to actualy get to know your teachcers. That was probably my biggest fear going into college, that I would not have a relationship with my teachers. Even in a big auditorium my professors knew who I was. The professors is a big reason I loved my first year at UW. They are really involved in the classroom and office hours were encouraged, even sometimes with extra credit. In an audotorium of 175 students my professor knew the name of every student, called on them by name, and even stopped me when I was walking to class one day. The professors really made it feel like they cared and I loved that. Campus life is amazing. We might not have the best sports team but I'd say we have the best school pride. Football games were a must on saturdays, if it wasn't a home game everyone was in the common areas screaming at the T.V., Prexys Pasture was always filled with frisbee and badmittin if the sun was out. Each floor in my dorms had a common area and my floor was always filled with people. We had two different Xboxes in there 24/7 movie night almost every night, kids from other floors and other halls hanging out. It was a great environment to be in for my first year of college. All in all the University of Wyoming made my freshman year of college great. I cannot wait to go back for my sophomore year to get to experience more of the only University in the state of Wyoming! Go Pokes!

CAnna

I have a high opinion about the University of Wyoming. Throughout my college career, I have had the opportunity to explore and discover all that the University of Wyoming (UW) has to offer its students. Even though the tuition to attend UW is among the lowest in the nation, the education is high-quality, and the well-being of students is a high priority. I won’t say my school is perfect, but it does provide everything I could want in a university. The thing I value most about UW is the priority placed on students’ well-being. Events like Friday night movie screenings, and mid-week student de-stressors make me feel like a valued part of the UW community. Asking for feedback from students is also a common practice at the university, and conveys to students that their opinion is valuable. The second thing I admire most about UW is the quality of the education I’m currently receiving. In the UW College of Engineering and Applied Science, it’s clear that the professors’ main goal is not just to teach learning material well, but to prepare each of their students for the real world. This takes the form of job advice outside of class, field trips, and guest speakers from professionals that work in the field. UW has its share of flaws when one considers the limited amount of parking, and the weaknesses that exist in specific UW colleges on campus. However, these small downsides don’t impact my opinion of the university nearly as much as the numerous upsides I continue to discover. I would label my university as an enriching and quality school. I can say with pride that I am, and always will be a UW Cowboy.

Danielle

Growing up in Wyoming and loving the college from birth to actually attending, it is great! There is always something to do on campus and around the community. Everyone is helpful and supportive including the professors. I would totally recommend attending this university to pursue whatever your heart desires.

This school is small, but the academics make up for it. While Laramie is known for its alcoholism, its easy to find people who know how to have fun without it. The town itself isn't terrible, but not the prettiest. The distance to larger cities is short, and fun weekend getaways to Denver are always an option.

Maryah

The University of Wyoming is a wonderful school. I would recommend this school to anyone who may not want to leave the state but doesn't want to stay in their home town. They staff makes sure that there are various of opportunities for the first-year students to make new friends and become comfortable with the facilities.

Victor

The first time I went for a visit around the campus I fell in love with the place! Going around and seeing all the students in a good mood and saying goPokes. It's a really good school I love everything about it. The professor are very nice and that students as well. I love the universtiy of wyoming because of its diversity and how you can fit in and be part of the wyoming family! GoPokes!

I believe the University of Wyoming is a high quality school with high quality education and standards. The Campus and surrounding area has such a great community feel, and really allows students to find their place at college. I would highly recommend the University to incoming students.

Rayven

It is a very safe and welcoming school. The academics are great and so is the extracurricular activities. There are plenty of clubs and activities to do. You'll never be bored if you participate. It's a great school overall. I haven't had a single complaint yet.

Duncan

I truly enjoy the campus life and the people that surround me here at The University of Wyoming. Mainly I wish that the price was a bit lower as it tends to drive away out of state students with a cost of living near 25,000 a year for out of state freshmen. Overall it is a great school if you can afford the price.

Connor

The University of Wyoming is a bit of a diamond in the rough. It has the largest study abroad endowment (ironically from Dick Cheney) in the US, is one of the cheapest four year institutions, even for out of state students, and overall has amazing value. Value, being the main selling point for the school. Considering the how small this school is for a 4 year public research university, it is incredibly easy to get in on undergraduate research, simply by talking to your professors. However, that research will likely not be ground breaking. In my experience, if you're someone who actively and aggressively hunts for opportunity, you will have a very subpar experience at the school, otherwise, if you pursue those opportunities which may not necessarily fall in your lap, you will have an awesome and formative time.

Riley

If you can stand cold, wind, and being relatively in the middle of nowhere, (and if UW has your major), this is one of the best schools to go to, (except for International Studies, that's one department that has SERIOUSLY gone downhill, don't go to UW for that).

Ashton

The University of Wyoming provides great staff and facilities at an incredible price. There is plenty of outdoor recreation and great trails located within 30 minutes from the University. The professors are awesome and eager to interact with students and answer their questions.

Andrew

My overall opinion of UW is really good. The university is well rounded and has a very dynamic group of people from all backgrounds. People all around campus are fairly nice and inclusive to everyone around them. There are activities on campus for everyone and if you can't find a club it is really easy to start a new one in order to get what you want on campus. UW has a great student body and is supportive of each other especially during football games on the weekend. Laramie is a fairly small college town in terms of college towns however, it is big enough that if you don't want to see people you grew u with then you don't have to at all. Campus is compact and it's really easy to walk everywhere from the dorms as well.

Hayley

I love the University of Wyoming. There is always something fun to do on or off campus. 90% of the activities are free and if they aren't they are very affordable. There are tons of majors with accredited professors teaching them. The variety of majors makes UW an academically diverse institution that really allows for students to become well-rounded in their field and others. There are hundreds of RSO'S on campus including greek life, club, and intramural sports, and literally any club you could dream up! Wyoming has a unique cowboy culture unlike any other state I've been too, but an acceptance for everyone from every walk of life! I'm proud to be a Cowboy! Go Pokes!

Makala

I believe that the University of Wyoming is an amazing school for both in state and out of state students seeking degrees in a wide range of categories. There are so many possibilities and the facilities are outstanding. The professors are caring and the atmosphere is inviting. I feel the University as much to offer, no matter what the students preferences include.

Scott

The University of Wyoming is a great place to get an education as well as meet people that you will know for the rest of your life! Although I am from Colorado, I can not explain how happy I am that I am attending this school, as the professors are great and have a real passion for what they are teaching, and the overall student life is great, nice, and respectful, regardless of what interests you and what club you may be in. The greek organizations and greek life on campus are much greater than I had thought in the beginning. I decided to join one of the fraternities on campus, and I have never looked back! I know that I have friends, brothers, and people that I really care for and vice versa. They are people that I will know and be connected with for the rest of my life.

Kathryn

UW is a great school for making connections for the future. The small public school atmosphere also gives students a lot of opportunities for undergraduate research work. Plus, you can't beat that tuition price. However, be wary; UW is making a lot of budget cuts due to the downturn in state funding.

Jake

I believe that the University of Wyoming is a very affordable place for an amazing education. There are many opportunities on campus for you to be able to express yourself and your hobbies, you just have to go out and find them! I have loved it on campus so far!

Cassie

I love the University of Wyoming, the campus is beautiful and safe, the academics are top notch, and the opportunities are endless. The dorms are older but the rest of the campus and the chances for involvement in several types of activities and clubs make up for it. I am very happy that I made the choice to attend UW.

Abbie

The University of Wyoming is a wonderful school full of many opportunities. There are so many options for students to get involved including educational clubs as well as recreational clubs (like intramural sports). The class sizes are a great size for students to receive the guidance they need and I rarely come across a professor who isn't willing to do everything they can to help their students succeed. Plus, the University of Wyoming is incredibly affordable which is an amazing opportunity for everyone to be able to get an education!

rabie

the teaching staff is good, while the advising is horrible. the university of Wyoming kept increasing the tuition and fees while no big change is actually happening. the food is not pleasant and the equipment for the each of the colleges is completely unbalanced such us the college of science and engineering is completely not equipped with new technology and looks like a building from the 1920's

Emersen

I love UW with all of my heart. I have found a home away from home here and never want to leave. The people are so kind and friendly. The campus is beautiful and the staff are amazing. UW provides so much for me and is always there for me with it's resources and opportunities. I wish I could be a student here forever.

Saybin

This is definitely a good school for the cost. I think +/- shouldn't be installed. I really like the outdoors and opportunities UW offers for outdoor experiences. Sometimes the sidewalks are very icy and I've fallen (lol). I love that there's Panda on campus. I wish there were more concerts or fun activities offered.

Tanner

I first came to the University of Wyoming because of what all it had to offer, as well as how affordable it was. The class sizes were small, they offered the degrees I was interested in, and there was a number of activities outside of class to participate in. After three years of being here, I have seen many changes. Budget cuts have impacted the school quite negatively. Class sizes have grew, teachers and resources have dwindled, and class availability has become less prominent. With this being said, the University of Wyoming is still a great school that has many things to offer to its students. However, just like most other schools, it has its flaws.

Bailee

The University of Wyoming is a great place for Students of all different backgrounds and interests. There is something at the university for everyone. It is in the nice, small town of Laramie and the University certainly maintains those small-town vibes. You can easily find your place on this small campus and you will feel like there are people who know and care about you. The University of Wyoming is a wonderful place and I wouldn't choose to be anywhere else.

Libby

I grew up in the Laramie community and I love it. I moved away to attend a different college right after high school and have been aspiring to get back to the University. I love the program I am heading into and the resources at the college and smaller class sizes are great.

Allison

I come from a suburban town in Texas and The University of Wyoming couldn’t be more different. It is a small school with small class sizes but all of the professors care about your education and want you to succeed. There are plenty of social activities and opportunities that always make for a good time. The dorms are okay but the food is great. UWYO is surprisingly amazing and I never regret my decision to attend here.

Kaia Jo

The campus is beautiful, and the people are nice. I don't really like campus food because my friends and I have come across raw chicken twice so far in the month of October. The housing is okay, but it could be worse. The classes are a good average of students and the professor easy to communicate with.

Ryan

Being a native of Colorado my whole life, when it came time to choose a college I wanted something far enough yet still close to home. This opportunity came in the form of two colors: brown and gold. Here at the University of Wyoming everyone is friendly and outgoing and the campus itself is just all around stunning. The 3 hour drive home makes being away from family and friends much more bearable. Overall the University of Wyoming is more than just a college; it's a community driven by hard working individuals, fierce athletes, intelligent students, and compassionate faculty.

Isobel

Its a great university and warm environment to be in. I am an international student and the opportunities I have had here are amazing and I wouldn't have found this anywhere else in America I believe the sense of community and belonging is nothing I've ever experienced.

Kyra

Great school in a great town. The professors are all very informative and assist students in their efforts to learn and become the next generation of professionals. I would recommend this school to anyone who doesn't want to go to a large city in order to receive a quality education.

Morgan

Laramie was a wonderful place to go to school and I miss it dearly. The class size at UW is far and away the best part of the university. I also loved most of my professors. However, if you are looking for big greek life and lots of university sponsoed activities, probably not the best choice for you. Also the outdoor life around here ROCKS! skiing, hiking and rock climbing all near by. The gym is also brand new and top notch!

Benjamin

Although I haven't begun my core classes for my major, the classes I have taken thus far have been great. The class sizes are nothing too numerous, the teachers are involved and interesting, and the campus is quaint and beautiful. Commuting between classes takes barely any time since the entire campus is only 785 acres, this compared to the thousands of acres utilized by other universities. Winter can get a little cold and the wind can be something fierce, but overall Laramie is a paradise. Welcome to Laradise.

Katelyn

It's a nice campus and the people on campus are really nice and willing to help you. It is a clean campus and there are a lot of opportunities to get involved in the community or for sports. I like going to the University of Wyoming because overall the people here are really nice and it's a small town.

Riley

Awesome!

Ariel

I am excited to attend UWYO in the fall. I have visited campus a number of times in recent months and have been impressed by the access to student leaders, professors, and resources. I am a little concerned that Laramie, WY is a very small town, but there are shops, restaurants and services to be found on and off campus.

Nicholas

The University of Wyoming shines brightly with its aesthetics. There is no doubt the university has a great budget, with the amount of new facilities sprouting like weeds in your lawn. But like weeds, it’s a sort of pestilence for some students. Those students who mostly thrive in STEM majors. Recently there has been a boom in interest with the sports facilities. So much so that budget cuts have been made, and now STEM majors have had increases in their tuition and other fees. But through this whole situation, admittedly, the university offers great outreach to its students. From the availability of professors to communicate with, to the large variety of clubs and organizations. It is also a campus that stays energetic all throughout the year, allowing ideas and curiosity to spread. From my degree, the research that has been made available creates untold experiences I am grateful for. With that, and the cost of tuition, overall the university is a great place to start a hopefully long and fruitful academic career, even into grad school. Though that is strongly dependent on financial and mental stability if that time ever arrives.

Rasana

Really cool professors out here and the teaching is really awesome.

The University of Wyoming is a great school. They have multiple opportunities to obtain an advance degree. The professors are great. They really want to see you succeed and will help in anyway possible. Support staff are also wonderful. The librarians are amazing. As a student we can request items be sent to us when we are not on campus and you get them really quickly.

Alexys

I really like the college. It can be hard to find things to do in Laramie, but other than that, the college is great! The academics can be challenging but the teachers are usually available when you need them. The dorms are also pretty good and the people are all really nice.