Urbana, OH
Urbana University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Urbana University

Jalen

It is a pretty good school to go to. It is a private school so tuition is on the higher end. It has Division 2 sports and they are gradually getting better. The food is very good now. Whether can be a draw back for people looking to go here. It can get very cold kn the winter.

Andre

In high school, I didn't really no much about the importants of school and never really took thought about what it is that I wanted to do in life. Know one really told me about the importants of going to college and being patient and not in a rush to go after the high paying dead end jobs with benfits, in some warehouse house or factory. So if I were to go back in time and give myself some advice, I would first tell myself that I am 24, and all the mistakes that I made. I would tell myself to keep GOD first and school my number one priorite. I would tell myself to not be caught up in make money and being flashy to show like im living a life style that im really not. Instead, keep your credit good, dont live above your means. work a job while in school but save, learn about investments, and get in school for business. Most importantly to change up the friends that I hang around and start hanging out with the nerds. And plan to get married after college.

Eric

Thats it's a privite school and it has small class sizes.

Thats it's a privite school and it has small class sizes.

To take school more serious.. Because once your out of high school there is no going back. Your expections are higher because you have to prove a point in the real world. Very little people have sympathy for you in the real world, it's not high school no more where your teacher use hold your through every class. So my advice is to learn as much as you can in the classroom and out side the classroom. Always try to do your best and if something seem hard to you go to somebody you can trust and ask them a question. Education is the key to success.

A persom that is use to a small school.

Zack

A place that is not what recruiters make it out to be.

A place that is not what recruiters make it out to be.

My school is best known for puting up a front. They say that Urbana University offers so much, but in truth it does not. They do not offer any reasonable financial aid.

I would tell myself to stay on the same track and keep studying and keep staying AWAY from partying and doing the right thing. Keep up with your school work because its not worth $22,000 dollars a year to fail and drop out, then have to pay off all of the student loans you had to take out because you were not granted any good scholarships or grants because your father made "sufficient" income. Do not join the golf team because the athletic department is terrible. Just keep studying hard like you do and hope somehow, that it will pay off and you might be lucky enough to receive some scholarship or grant to help you pay for books and gas for commuting. Oh, and if you still decide to join the golf team then hold on to your wallet all the way back from your georgia spring break trip because if you don't, then it will come up "missing" and you do not want to deal with the hassel of all of that.

I have learned that people will not baby you for the rest of your life. That is to say that since I have started college I have had to do things for myself that in high school the teacher would have done. Also, I have learned that I do not HAVE to do things alone. For the longest time I studied by myself, mainly because all my friends in high school were a year younger, but recently I have joined a study group and have watched my grade rise. Even though some classes have been difficult I have persevered. I believe college has been valuable to attend mainly because I will be the first person in my family to graduate college. Even though both of my parents have good paying jobs, I have aunts and uncle who did not go to college and I have watched them struggle. My mother is the oldest of five (5) sisters and their father did not push them to attend college. Some of them have been lucky but others have not. I am not afraid of being penniless but if I every have a family, I do not want to put them through that.

Mindy

Through the course of my college experience I have gained vast amounts of knowlege, but not restricted to academia alone. I have developed strong interpersonal relationships which I find to be rewarding. I have developed and understanding and respect for people of other ethnic backgrounds, something I did not acquire where I grew up as I was not subjected to people of differing ethnicities. I have been able to squash many of my misunderstanding and stereotypes about the world in which I live. Lastly, I have learned a great deal of material relevant to my intended field, however I believe that to take a backseat to the aforementioned knowledge. Being here had made me a better, more understanding, open-minded, well-rounded person. When students come here the professors take each one under their wing and mold them into these great individuals and I am glad and proud to have experienced it.

They have a very strict attendence policy here. I think it is grewat for traditional, on-campus students, however it sometimes works against as I am a single mother.

The class sizes are small so your teachers really get to know you and they are always available if you need them for anything.

e

Whenever a person exits their comfort zone into unfamiliar territory they have to decide how they will react. Sometimes it is easy to take it all in and find yourself just observing from a distance. One of the most valuable experiences I had was when I decided that instead of being the one who sat back and watched, I would dive in head first. I decided that I wouldn't let my shyness keep me from potentially great firendships. I wouldn't let challenging assignments overwelm me, and i would invite new experiences. (Although trying Monday's broccoli surprise was not one of those new experiences.) The first couple days of classes I decided to be myself, only more extroverted. I found that smiling and introducing myself helped me to make friends and form study groups more easily. Although I would prefer to do activities in small groups I shose to attend larger functions and become involved in discussions. I found that through my choice to become involved I developed my own voice amoungst the larger group of voices and that it could be clear and strong. My college exprerience has given me a chance to become who I am.

If there was a bad thing about the school it would be that there are no towel racks in the bathroom.

Individuals who are unfocused should not attend this school.

Desiree

Attending college has allowed me to broaden my horizons and begin to prepare for my future career. I have made new friends, had a chance to experience new things and better understand myself through the classes I have taken. I have spent the last year in the University's Royal Blues Band and working with the Drama department, these experiences are completely different from the same activities I did in high school. I am becoming a more independent person and feel more confident in myself. The college experience is helping me grow as a person and allowing me to explore many new facets of life. I am very happy to be the person I am right now and look forward to evolving into a strong teacher in the future.

The best thing about Urbana University is the fact that it is small. By it being a small private college the class sizes are between 20 and 40 people and you get a more one on one with the instructor.

I wish I had a better idea of what college life would be like.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school as a senior I would tell myself to study and focus alot harder on my classes. I would tell myself this because if i would of studied harder in high school my college classes might of not been as hard as they were in the beginning. Also I would tell myself to go visit more colleges and universitys to make sure I pick the right one for me. I would tell myself this because if you don't find a college you feel comfortable at you will not be happy their. I would also tell myself to let the high school drama go because when you go off to college it is all behind you and none of it matters anymore. Most of all I would tell myself to enjoy the good times because you never know when it may be your last and to be thankful for everything!!

If I had to describe my school in one sentence I would say Urbana University is a small campus with 10-15 kids in each class and the teachers are more then willing to help you all the time with your studys.

I tell my friends that at Urbana University the classes are so nice and that I get a lot of one on one with my teachers. I also tell my friends that my school is not around alot of things so it helps me focus more on my school work. I would recommend Urbana University to anybody!

Shannon

If I could go back in time and tell myself about College Life, I wouldn't say a thing. I would sit back and watch myself learn from my mistakes and become the person I am today. All of the experiences I've had over my Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior Year, I wouldn't have traded them for anything. I think it was important for me to go to college completely unexpecting of what it was going to be like. It was important for me to make mistakes and not only learn from them, but to also learn who I am because of them. I'm learning the kind of person I am, and most importantly the kind of person I want to continue growing to be.

I love how ALL of my professors know my name, my favorite sports teams, my major, and where I live and work. I love being able to walk across campus and see familar faces. If I pass 15 people, I'll know 14 of the 15 and stop to meet the 15th person. It's a wonderful family atmosphere where everyone is there to help you SUCCEED!!

Urbana University has an attendance policy and depending on the professor you can only miss a certain number of classes. Most of the time it is perfectly fine with me and it keeps me focused and motivated however, there are the days that I just feel like going to town and going shopping instead and I wish I could get away with skipping more often.

Urbana University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.