Collegeville, PA
Ursinus College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Ursinus College

Kimberly

The school is best known for their pre-med program.

The school is best known for their pre-med program.

I would tell myself not to be afraid to try new things, even if they seem out of my comfor zone. College is a time to reinvent yourself and discover new interests. I would also tell myself not to worry about my major, it doesn't determine my life and I can take my time before deciding. I would also apply for a single dorm, to avoid all the awkward roomate situations. Finally, I would tell myself to never listen to anyone who is telling me I can't apply somewhere or do something based on their opinions, if I have learned anything at college, it is that I am capable of doing anything, as long as I want it bad enough. High school me, the world is at your fingertips, don't be afraid to grasp it and take advantage of everything there is to offer.

A person who wants to be appreciated and engaged as a student by professors who are top-notch in their field.

Rebecca

If I could talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to apply to different schools. I did not get into the schools that I really wanted to go to, and although I like my school, I feel that I may be happier somewhere else. I would advise myself not to bring as many clothes as I did, because I do not have enough room for them. I would also advise myself to always work in the library and not underestimate the dofficulty of classes. For me, it is much easier to do work in the library than anywhere else. I also did not realize how hard chemistry would be in college and I wish I could've know that before and gotten a better start on it.

People who like to party a lot, people who like the city life and pepole who get bored easily. The school is very small and is in a small town.

The most frustrating thing is that there are not a lot of students here and a lot of them are strange

Christine

Overall, I love this school and couldn't imagine being anywhere else. Although students frequently complain about the dining services, most are content with the other features of campus and are proud to be Ursinus students. Students here often cite the high quality of teaching as one of the hallmarks of an Ursinus education.

Ursinus has an eclectic mix of students, many of whom are involved in athletics, greek life, and other campus organizations. Generally speaking, most students are dedicated to their studies.

Marquis

My classmates are funny, embracing and also friendly.

My classmates are funny, embracing and also friendly.

What is unique about the school compared to other schools I considered is the environment and courses it offers. Everything about the school is absolutely wonderful and welcoming, and when I visited it, it just seemed like such a good fit for me and what I wanted to do with my life. With exclusive courses such as Common Intellectual Experience, and its specialization in the Pre-Medical field, Ursinus just seemed like a great place for me.

My main piece of advice I would give to myself is really letting myself know that I should take the time to sit down and sort out where I'm at as far as what I would like to focus on when I actually get to college. Searching for a major in college is a a little bit of a hassle, not necessarily because of the difficulty of courses, but because there are so many options to choose from. If my senior self were to put a focus towards knowing which path I would choose to take when I actually got to college, then it would make things a little bit easier. Granted, it might not be as easy as just sitting down and thinking about what major I would like to take, but getting a headstart in that direction can raise some of the burden and make things that much easier when it comes time to declare. It's all a fun process, and it's all a wonderful experience, so I would tell myself to not just sit back and enjoy the ride, but control where I go because I'm in the drivers seat.

Katie

J.D. Salinger once said it was a depressing campus; I tend to agree.

J.D. Salinger once said it was a depressing campus; I tend to agree.

Relax, it's not as hard as they make it sound in high school. Also, get to know your professors as humans and not just teachers. Many of them are extrememly awesome people.

Someone who can afford tuition. If you're not going to grad school afterward, forget about finding a job.

Jenna

Ursinus students study hard during the week and they play hard on the weekends. Ursinus students also frequently participate in study abroad and research opportunities.

Be bold. College is the one and only time in your life when you will be surrounded by a large number of peers who share your interests. Be couragous, put yourself out there. Be willing to try new things and dabble in an unexplored interest. You always have room in your schedule to take a new class or try out a new activity. Be as involved as you can be, it makes finding your niche that much easier. STUDY ABROAD; it will open your eyes to a whole new experience and it will be the best semester of your life. Most importantly, cherish every minute of your experience. College will fly by and you can only do it once. Graduate with no regrets.

Successful Ursinus students are highly involved and motivated; they are very engaged and enthusatically participate in class discussions and campus life. You will rarely find an Ursinus student who does not participate in some sort of campus club, activity, sport, or job. Thus, a successful Ursinus student has excellent time management skills and a wide range of interests.

Ursinus community embraces its students and faculty for their individualism, and promotes self-exploration and self-discovery through-out the course work and liberal arts education here.

Ursinus is known for its one of a kind freshmen English/philosophy course, CIE which discusses literature from ancient Babylonian times to the scientific revolution. Students dabble in arts, philosophy, music, religion, politics, all while sharing their own personal journeys related to each subject. Every faculty member is required to teach a section of CIE, thus creating a diversity of educational experiences each year. Often, out of classroom discussions happen in lounges and dorm rooms; and they transcend the obvious conclusions of these famous texts.

Ursinus prides itself on creating students with knowledge across many disciplines; each student must complete a diversity, global, and humanities course before graduating, to create a well rounded graduate. In my own experiences, these courses have taught me about myself and how I am not only alike but also different from my own classmates, as well as other students cross-culturally around the world. My course load is challenging, but I find help in fellow students as well as faculty; I feel there is always someone to turn to with a question. The energy around campus really motivates me to get involved with our community as well as the surrounding areas. When I visited Ursinus as a high school student I instantly felt apart of a family; there is a supportive network around campus and they make an effort to reach out to you. I value the liberal arts education I receive from Ursinus College and how it has not only taught me facts about my major, but has helped me find who I am along the way. It is valuable to attend this school to enter the career world a well rounded, tolerant, and successful individual.

Jue

University of Iowa occupies a strong liberal humanity atmosphere, and that's where attracts me very much. There are lots of libraries that open to public for whole days, and I can find almost all the famous novels, proses, poems,biography in it. Furthermore, there are lots of pianos lying along street for people to play. Once I was reading "Atlas Shrugged" , the most valuable book which laid the foundation of objectivism by Ayn Rand. A fellow came by and said, “Hey, you like Ayn Rand too? Perfect! Long live, rational individual rights.” I was totally shocked by that people here were so free to express their mind toward an idea without facing restrictions of censorship. I originally came from China, where people don't possess too much rights of free speech and political vote, however, I love politics. Therefore, University of Iowa provides me with a optimal platform for exchanging ideas and opinions,for example, there are many reading fairs and human rights seminar. I consider an valuable university is one that realizes students' endeavor into fighting for their dreams, also, defends a pluralistic environment for wide communication and promotion. Hence, in fact, University of Iowa is the one.

Hailey

My classmates here at Ursinus are mostly fairly intelligent, motivated people.

My classmates here at Ursinus are mostly fairly intelligent, motivated people.

I have gotten to know who I am. I am now concrete on my ideas about myself, know what I want to do with my life, and have solid opinions on important mattters. When I arrived on campus, I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted to do with my degree, International Relations, but while being here, I've come to realize I'd like to work overseas in the Middle East. I never really had a path to follow, being at college has allowed me to find/create one for myself.

I wish I had known how much of a party school my campus was. It's obviously not mentioned in the brochures and my tour guide was a partyer, so she didn't really mention the party scene. Freshmen orientation, all the upperclassmen were telling us about how crazy the drinking is on the weekends here.

Hailey

Ursinus is known for their great science programs. UC undergrads have a very high admittance rate into graduate schools, as well.

I have gotten to meet many people who have a variety of experiences that are different than mine. The world is slowly becoming a much larger place as I get to know more about, vicariously through others' experiences. College forces you to live on your own, but in a safe setting. Meaning, if you have a problem, you're not totally alone, there are RA's to help, but in the end , you're learning to be independent.

Some one who is looking for a conservative type of schooling. UC makes all majors take a diverse range of classes, so students who only want to take classes for their major and nothing else should look elsewhere.

Ursinus College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.