Utah State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Utah State University

It is an amazing school, albeit pricy but that's a given for any four-year university. It has a multitude of major options, a plethora of minors, and assistance for students of all backgrounds. Work is available, both on campus and off. Housing can be a hit or miss but overall quite decent. Logan in itself is a nice area, everyone knows everyone and there's never a shortage of friends.

Brianna

I love it up here in Logan! Utah State's campus is big enough that you won't see the same people every day, but it is also small enough that you can go from one side of the campus to the other in about a fifteen-minute walk. Everyone is super nice, and you feel like you belong! There are lots of things to do activity-wise, and you can even just stay inside with friends and have a good time! Logan may be small, but the CCTV bus system is a great utility to use when grocery shopping without a car. Honestly, the campus is so beautiful and the people I have met are amazing and funny. Because this is a research school, the education is great, and worth the money that is spent. I would suggest anyone come up here if they are thinking about it.

Kyndra

Though I haven't been there long, Utah State University seems like one, big family. We all love and support each other. All of the teachers and staff truly care for their students and support them in any way they can. It's a great school with a plethora of opportunities whether that be in arts, sports, etc. However, as one who hasn't been there long I haven't experienced everything, but I will in the next year.

Bailey

I really enjoy Utah State. There is something for everyone there. The school is student led and tries to listen to the students and what they want. Whether you like to participate in every party or like staying home and studying, there is something at Utah State for you.

Adeline

its good, its just theres not a lot of fun stuff to do in Logan.

Kara

I love this school with all my heart. It's located in the amazing community of Cache Valley. It's located right up against the mountains and a canyon, which allows for tons of fun activities. The professors genuinely care about you and know who you are. They are all extremely passionate about their subjects and are always available for questions. I'm a transfer student, and my freshman experience at a different school was polar opposite to what I have experienced at Utah State. There's always an activity going on somewhere! We have awesome athletics--games are a riot! The students are all extremely social and inviting! There's a place for everyone at USU!

Jason

Utah State University is a very unique and special campus. Campus is located right by the mountains with various activities and locations to be adventurous, all while being right up the hill from a very cute downtown. The people are supportive and caring and everyone supports USU. We all love sports and will support our aggies win or lose. The energy of USU is what makes it unique and makes it one the greatest universities in the nation.

Olivia

I started college during the Covid-19 pandemic so there hasn't been games, or a ton of campus activity, but USU has still provided amazing classes. The professors has been extremely understanding and helpful as everyone is adjusting to the new normal of online classes, masks, and using technology for everything. I have also loved how there are several resources available if anyone is struggling with the semester, some of these include: tutoring, office hours, and even counseling if you need it. The support system has been awesome.

Erica

Utah State University has accomplished what many universities desire. They have a great community and high spirits. As an Aggie the pride and confidence in the university is higher than ever! The dedication that is given by the educators to the students is evident in the amount of successful USU graduates. The emphasis on hands on participation, even during your first year, shows the desire for experience and not just education.

McKenna

I am hoping to get accepted soon! I already absolutely love this school and I have many friends who love it there and recommend it to me. I have loved the campus tours I have there and the teachers that I have met are wonderful! Everyone is so friendly there too.

Sinea

My overall favorite thing about Utah State is that most of the students live on or near the campus. This has allowed Utah State to create a large variety of extracurricular activities as well as develop some fun traditions. Overall, Utah State has created an amazing community!

Mary

It is a nice university.

It's a great school with knowledgeable professors. You can tell the professors really care about the success of their students. The advisors are also great at helping students make the transition into college. For me it was help transferring from another university, but I can be 100% sure they are helpful with incoming freshmen too. USU is also taking a lot of precautions to help stop the spread of Covid-19, which is great.

Joshua

Utah State University is a good university with good programs. The students are generally morally upright and friendly. However, it can be difficult for a student if they don't have an established support system such as friends. I would recommend it as a university for many majors for many people.

Isabella

I think it's a great school. I know some people have a problem with the social aspect of it, but that wasn't a problem for me. I'm also a student with a disability and bring my service dog with me to school, and everyone has been very accepting and helpful with the accommodations.

Becki

It is a really great school, with a good environment, always welcoming to the newcomers. The campus is big and open, though one might have to detour around a little bit of construction. I love my program, and every teacher I have had has been open and ready to listen when I am in need of advice. Overall, I think it is an amazing place.

Christopher

I have had the opportunity to attend a couple universities, and live next to others that I didn't attend. Utah State University is by far the best out of them all. Their campus is technologically advanced. As a student I don't feel like I'm only a number. It feels like they truly care about me, and my future.

Jill

I love Utah State!!! It is so beautiful up here and there are so many fun things to do. Especially if you are a freshman. The food is good, the teachers that I have had are very helpful, and you definitely learn a lot in the classes everyday. About the only thing that I could possibly complain about when thinking about this school is that it snows. A LOT! I don't like being cold and they apparently have what is called second winter up here. My home town is only two hours away and it doesn't snow nearly as much there as it does here in Logan. Besides that, there are a bunch of different classes and clubs that you can join that do a lot of fun things in the snow so it's not all bad!

The University itself is fantastic. In general the teachers are very helpful and approachable. Being on campus is fantastic. However, the music department should be avoided like the plague. The haughty attitude pervades every aspect of the program and some professors even become hostile when a student disagrees. I myself endured intense manipulation and emotional abuse from a private instructor for a whole semester with little I could do. Every other department, however, has been a fantastic time, and the community of the university is fun and spontaneous - Aggies embrace the things that make life worth it.

Tommy

Its a great school. Lots of resources and activities to do such as rock climbing, camping, and all sorts of events. Professors all have office hours and when and where to contact them. many great places to eat lunch or grab a bite. They also have new facilities such as the ARC(the rec center). The library is also a great place to study and get information. the campus has many computer labs all over the campus where it wont be crowded. The TSC building has an amazing source, the have the diversity club, financial aid/ Scholarship center, Campus store, Aggie Radio center, math tutoring lab, journalism, and much more resources in that building. The only down side is that there aren't many stores in the area.

Nick

Over last few years it has definitely changed. I left my freshman year but from what I talked about from a few people still there the school has definitely made changes. If you aren't LDS you will have a hard time making friends. (my experience)

luci

I love Utah State University, it is a great environment with lots of academic and extracurricular opportunities to choose from. I feel safe on campus and supported by professors and other students in becoming the best I can be. It’s a home away from home where I can be a part of a team.

Braden

I love Utah State! This is my fourth year soon and I have enjoyed each year immensely. The Caine College of the Arts just got a new concert hall, and several new buildings are going up on campus, so the school is growing and advancing. The professors are top notch and are very willing to help when they can. There is so much to do outside of class it's almost unreal - going into the city, the neighboring towns, going up the canyon, everything is right at your fingertips. This is the place to get your education.

Michaela

I absolutely love Utah State. I have had so many amazing experiences and opportunities up here and I just finished my first semester! I love how involved I can be and all the activities I am apart of and offered. Living on campus was a great choice because I am close to everything and never have to worry about being late to class.

Janessa

Utah State University is a great place to live and learn. The professors are available and accessible, they help their students and are knowledgeable in their fields. Through my first year at Utah State, I have learned a lot because of the classes, and about myself. It has made me a better person.

Zachary

They have great atmosphere and they take personal safety and sexual harassment now far more seriously than they have in the pass. I am grateful for this, because almost all of my friend group is female to trans-female. I realise that sexual assault and harassment is applicable to all genders. In regards to Mental Health, I believe they might just be the best at taking care of those students. They offer free counselling services to the students and the feel is included with the cost of school. And the Disability Resource Center has several great advisors and resources. On several occassions I was able to reschedule tests due to my anxiety preventing me. We are one of the safest campuses in Utah. We have campus police officers who are willing to walk you to your car or housing if you don't feel safe by yourself. They handle it with the utmost care and devotion to their job. Overall it's a great school and anyone who's admitted there will have a great time and learn just about anything they want to know.

Enya

I really enjoyed my year at Utah State, and after getting married and going to another school for a year, I'm going back! The campus at Utah State is beautiful and I simply loved the atmosphere. Everyone is friendly at Utah State, and it's easy to find friends if you go looking.

Tessa

I only attended Utah State for a semester but I had a really good experience! The campus is beautiful, surrounded by mountains just like most of Utah is and the facilities around the campus are really awesome. The teachers are nice and professional and are always around to help. There are plenty of things to do outside of campus as well as an ample amount of activities that the school puts on to promote student involvement.

Madison

I am personally a big fan of Utah State University. My great grandmother was a professor here many years ago and my grandpa and father also taught a class or two. There are so many options for part-time work, housing, education, clubs, and activities. The dating scene is also pretty active.

Laura

I love Utah State! The people are always extremely friendly, there's always fun activities happening on campus, and the education you're receiving is phenomenal. The faculty and staff of Utah State care about the students opinions and they really do make us a priority. I always feel that my needs are heard and actions are taken when needed. USU is a very diverse and accepting school of all races, religions, and political views. I have never once felt left out or that my money was going to waste.

Jamie

Utah State is a great university especially if you're considering a major in agriculture or engineering. That aside, Utah State has a great art scene with fantastic performance halls and gallery spaces. The library is one of the best I've ever seen and there are hundreds of good resources to help you study. Utah State is in a beautiful location located next to fantastic mountain ranges. This offers the students a multitude of outdoor recreational activities. There's always something to learn and somewhere to have fun.

Danielle

I love it here! The campus is gorgeous, there’s so much to do — on and off campus — and it actually isn’t too difficult to get a job in Logan. Most of my professors have been wonderful — they care even when the class is really big. My only wish was that it was a bit easier to change majors.

Dianne

Utah State University is a beautiful campus with a very friendly atmosphere that helps you feel comfortable when attending classes there. They have a variety of things for their students to be involved in and greatly encourage extra curricular activities, while still encouraging getting an education as a top priority.

Jenette

It's great!

Darci

I absolutely love USU! Our new Aggie Recreation Center is one of my favorite places to go. A huge part of student life consists of activities created by clubs, such as: Swing Dancing, Ultimate Frisbee, Rotaract to name a few. Logan, UT secretes several different canyons, where outdoor adventures and beautiful scenery abound!

Caleb

Utah State University is all about progress. Students are encouraged from the get-go to release that tight grip on their childhoods, and embrace the magnificent world for what it holds. There are classes of all types for the eager learner, as well as activities almost every night of some sort. Those who choose to get involved here, will be forever above the curve in their professional careers and life paths.

Alyssa

Utah State University is a great school! From its academics to its beautiful campus, Utah State never disappoints. There is always something to love about this school. One of the things I love most about being an Aggie is the school spirit. Everyone is proud to be an Aggie!

Carly Jo

Utah State University is an engaging campus. There is almost always something going on, you just need to know when and where. Students and faculty are friendly and large classes aren't a problem once you make a few friends. You may need to take the initiative in communicating with advisers, but they're happy to help.

Sabrina

Utah State University is the second college I have attended. My first college I played volleyball in a small town. My parents moved to Utah two years ago and I decided to attend Utah State University at my mothers urging. This school has proved to be everything I always imagined life to be like. Logan is a beautiful town with plenty of shopping areas and local shops. Up the canyon, there is skiing in the winter, hiking, camping, and rock climbing during the spring and summer. Logan offers so many things to do and that does not even include all of the things that the campus offers. From games on the quad, career days, plays, and more, USU is a school for anyone looking for good wholesome fun and a quality education.

KASSIDY

I love Utah State University because of it's sense of safety and security! I can walk across campus, sit in a cafe alone, go to sporting events alone and feel completely comfortable and not threatened. The research capabilities that the university offers allows students unique opportunities to start building experience for resumes and future jobs.

Oriana

Utah State is home for the Aggies! It is the best place to get an experience of college. It is in a small town where you get the benefit of the memorable experience, the breathtaking view of nature and being away from your parents. For those who can not live without their family, Utah State is an hour and a half drive from Salt Lake City, so it not to far to drive back home in the weekends if you miss your family. There is so many traditions and activities to do, you will never be bored or want to go home in the weekends. Everyone is so friendly and inviting. In the sport games the student section gets so hyped, it a feeling like no other, everyone is united and loud. A tradition here, at Utah State only, to become a true aggie you must kiss your friend during a full moon. I personally have not done it yet, but my friends thought it was a fun night. There is also many study areas and places to get help with homework. I have been to the math tutoring building, and had help from an individual face to face. They really helped me understand the material. I also know that there is a writing center, they help you write your essay by first formatting it and then reviewing it for grammar and spelling errors. The professors are so encouraging and willing to work with you, they have office hours that will works with your schedule. If you have not heard Utah State throws the biggest Halloween party in the West, called HOWL. Before I could buy my ticket it was already sold out. There is so many clubs to join, they range from international clubs to farming clubs, sports clubs to reading clubs and singing clubs to movie clubs. Did I mention that we are the number 1 college for agriculture and have an awesome Business program in the Huntsman's school of business and other great programs to get you the degree you want!

Tayler

I love being in Logan Utah. Utah state university is a very safe and comfortable feeling campus. everyone on at Utah state is friendly. The campus is the prettiest in the state of Utah with a ton of things to do on the weekends, such as bear lake and snowbird ski resort. I love Utah State University

Melanie

Utah State University is an amazing school for furthering your education. The social life is great if you are willing to get involved. The people are so fun and friendly all the time and I find people I can connect with on a daily basis. The professors really know how to teach objectively so we can form our own opinions about topics. I love this school so much and I wouldn't trade it for another.

USU has been a great school to me. Campus life is amazing, teacher care about the students, people are friendly, lots of clubs and group so there is something for everyone. The campus in beautiful and people there really care about the experience. Classes can be tough but teachers and fellow students are always there to help, everyone is really supportive of each other.

Alyssa

Overall, I think that the atmosphere that surrounds Utah State University is a great one. There are many places to go that allow you to meet people if you so please or just chill by yourself which is always a plus. Sports are a pretty big deal up here, especially football which can be very exciting at times. If you are into exercising a lot then the ARC has some nice and new equipment that is readily available for use. I personally have loved being here in Logan so far.

Mckenna

Overall, I really love Utah State. Tuition is very steep, and I am having a very hard time scraping up enough money to continue going there. There are great academics, and great teachers, and great spots to study on campus. There are lots of trees to sit under in the shade, and everyone has been super nice, excluding those who deal with scholarships.

Derek

USU is a very good school with a great focus on helping students. There is something for everyone there and so many programs designed to help students succeed. The environment is great and the facilities are awesome. I have no complaints whatsoever and am glad to be a student there.

Olivia

I love it! The location is great and they always have things to do for the students. The academic advisers are great and are so willing to work with you and help tailor your education to your needs. I enjoy the fact that it is close to everything and that you can always find ways to connect with other people.

Utah State is a great place to enjoy outdoor activities as well as outstanding academics. The school is well known for their involved fans and beautiful campus. Living on campus is well priced. The experience of Utah State University is very inclusive, and there are many activities all around for the entire year.

Carolyn

Utah state is one of the cheapest universities around. It has good faculty and staff that want to help you succeed. I have been doing the online program for the past year, and did my first two years on campus. I love both experiences.