Utah State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Utah State University

Craig

Okay, it's not that little. It just feels small town little. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. But the classrooms are not small town. They have the latest tech and connectability. You can get all of your class information on-line including, assignments, due-dates, grades, professors comments, and even email your professor and classmates. Sure, a lot of the big universities have the same thing, but they aren't up in the Rocky Mountains in a small town.

Mckenna

I am currently a student there. I drive in two hours each way, two days a week and take 5 more online classes from home. This schedule is working well for me and I can hold a part-time job in addition to this class load. The counselor is hard to get in to see in a timely manner. The wait to see him is sometimes several weeks long. Otherwise, it is a great school!

Travis

Utah State is a great school. There are lots of opportunities here for students to excel and become better people. I do like the campus especially because near by you can go skiing during the winter and hiking and rock climbing during the summer. I personally love Logan, Utah.

Kaitlyn

This is THE BEST university to attend. Sports fan? We are know for our student section. Like to party? We have the biggest Halloween party west of the Mississippi. The professors and staff will personally go out of their way to help you succeed and make sure you are on track to graduate on time. Our professors are some of the best in their fields. Many of them have written and teach right out of their own text books. Did you know Utah State is rank the number one campus in the state of Utah? Staff work year round to insure that the landscape is up to par and every leaf is in its place. Logan is the definition of a collage town as many of the locals are fellow alumni. If nothing else Aggie ice cream is best ice cream in the state and can be found all over campus.

Ali

There are many things that help make a university great. The first thing most people think of is the academic side of college. Professors should be strict and challenge their students but should also be understanding and willing to help and work with the students. Professors should not only know their material but should be able to present it in a way that is understandable for others. The professors at Utah State University fulfill these characteristics. Another important aspect of college is the social life. Utah State provides many diverse opportunities for people to meet and socialize. There are clubs for everyone and activities happening all the time. Even during the winter club representatives are outside on campus handing out treats or flyers that bring people together and create a social environment. The students are always chattering as the walk to class and you can feel the energy as you walk through campus. One of my favorite parts about USU is the school spirit. The students are proud to be Aggies and they let it show through their support in attending the athletic games, play performances and by wearing the Aggies gear all year round. The athletics are great and the fans are even better. The stadium is always filled with noise as the team enters and it doesn’t quiet down until the very last fan has left. School pride, clubs and amazing professors and classes makes Utah State a great college for everyone.

Utah State University provides students with everything necessary in order to succeed. The professors are in attentive and are well-qualified. There are many opportunities for students to get involved in whatever they need as well as to have a good time. The town of Logan is very supportive of the University and even paints the streets for the Homecoming parade. If you want to feel like you are apart of a community and not just travel to and from classes and your dorm room, USU is the place for you.

Alex

The campus is what gets me, it was beautiful when I first stepped on. I love how the town around the school gets really involved and everyone is there to excel and have fun. I absolutely love how many activities there are to do and some of activities they provide are awesome.

Rilee

Utah State is my home. I believe that anyone who goes to school there can say close to the same thing. I live and breathe "Aggie", it's just in the campus air. Everyday I walk up the hill to campus; smelling the pine trees, waving to friendly fellow students, looking at the A in the quad, and thinking in my head I love where I go to school. The professors are always there to help you learn and succeed not just to receive a good grade but also to improve your person as well. I can go from a quiet, focused, study-based library to a basketball game full of students and rioting Aggie pride within minutes. Or I can make my way over to the fine Arts building and treat myself to a wonderful musical theater performance. There is anything and everything offered at Utah State! So many adults look back at their college experience and don't ever want to go back to the campus again, well I am the opposite. I dread the day that I leave because like I said I breathe "Aggie" air. I give Utah State a true 10/10 because every penny I spend on school is worth it to be able to; 1) feel at home 2) feel like your a part of something 3) learn and grow every minute, inside and outside of class 4) be encouraged to become someone and do great things and lastly, 5) shout on the top of your lungs and in your heart... Utah State hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies, go Aggies, HEY HEY HEY! You want to be a part of this Aggie family, I am sure of it.

Mackenzie

When I first stepped foot onto the Utah State University (USU) campus, I was astounded by how beautiful the campus was. Tucked away in the Rockies, the campus is surrounded by majestic mountains that entice a sense of adventure in you. USU was even named "Most Beautiful College in Utah" according to Travel & Leisure. My mom would tell me that beauty wasn't on the outside, it's on the inside, and after attending this school for 3 years now I realize that the initial beauty of the campus is a veneer covering the ugly truth underneath: the people and culture of USU. The school is heavily influenced by the Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints religion and for an out-of-state student this is a culture shock. You are constantly pressured by your friends, roommates, and peers to attend church or church related events. On top of this, the church missionaries will stop you on your way to class to persuade you to join the church, making you late to class. There are 100 missionaries in the small town of Logan alone, a fact of which most townspeople are proud of. I have so many little stories of the quirks that I have experienced because of the religious influence on the culture. If you're not a member of the church, you feel excluded from the majority of your peers at this college. That's not to say that the religion encourages their members exclude people-it's simply an outcome of having such influence in a small area. I've met a couple of amazing people at USU and a couple of horrid people, and neither of these traits are because of the LDS religion. However, most of the people that I have met here have been subpar. Which is unfortunate because I was hoping to come to college and meet my best friends for life. But the majority of people here are self-absorbed, caring only about themselves. They're apathetic, choosing to stay in a watch Netflix instead of connecting with friends. Take this situation I was in a couple of years ago, for example. I wanted to through a "galentine's day" themed party for my girlfriends so that I could show my appreciation for them and have fun. I spent a week shopping for fun decorations and food items, then spent the whole day making treats for the event. At the time of the event, only 2 of the 20 people I invited showed up. Three more trickled in during the next couple of hours, but by the time it was over it was a failure. Not even my roommates, who lived down the hall from where I was holding the party, came. The next day I was flooded with excuses, none of which seemed legitimate. And time after time again when I try to make plans with people, they always say they will come and never do. It is acceptable, perhaps even the norm in Utah, to make plans that you have no intention of following through with. I don't know if this is typical college student behavior or unique only to Utah, but it's not a culture I thrive in. USU has given me the opportunity to further my career with my education, as well as the experience of a culture different from anything I have ever experienced. It's given me hundreds of stories to tell throughout my life (some of which leave people flabbergasted). This school can be a wonderful place for some people and the best years of their lives. But that's not what USU is for me. The biggest thing I carry with me when I leave USU is an excitement to go live anywhere but Utah.

WIll

Utah State University is a college in Logan, Utah. I grew up in Idaho, but I was actually born in Logan. It was a great place to move back to. Not too crowded, but it has everything you need. As for the school, there are great programs, and everything for you to become successful! Great school.

Leah

Utah Sate is a wonderful school not only because of the fun and uplifting atmosphere, but also because all those you are surrounded by are there to help you succeed. Academic success is an important standard, as well as sustaining mental and physical health. Should there ever be a concern with academics, mental or physical health, there is someone to turn to who will help.

Jenna

Utah State University is a great place to go to college. It is a really safe town with almost no violent crime. The student shuttle busses are free, and so are the city busses, which really helps if you live off campus. The parking is a little terrible, but the busses make up for it. Professors are always available through office hours, email, and some even provide cell phone numbers so you can text them. There are a lot of resources, like the library, computer labs, and several kinds of tutoring centers.

Mackenzie

The college is an amazing place to earn a four year degree. Several programs and amazing professors who want you to learn. The campus is very nice and just five minutes outside of an amazing canyon which offers everything from hiking and camping to rock climbing and relaxing. Their are many ways to get involved and tons of resources to help you receive an amazing education

Adam

Friendly, in expensive, credible are the first three things that come to mind when I think Utah State University. I came to USU not knowing a sole and to top it off I was terrible at making friends. The people at USU made me feel welcome from minute one. Everyone I came in contact with was so nice it was almost like a culture shock. I am currently paying out of state tuition at USU which is still cheaper than any in state school where I come from. Utah States instate tuition and housing cost are practically like paying for community college! Lastly I cannot think of another University as credible as USU for the same price. USU has consistently ranked very high for education majors and many other majors alike. So if you are looking for a friendly, inexpensive and credible university then Utah State University will always have a place for you.

S. Jade

I absolutely love being an Aggie. their campus has such an open and friendly feel about it! if you are looking for a place to fit in and find who you really are its where to go!

Campus is crawling with empowered students just trying to create their best life. The work ethic is incredible; everyone is passionate about something. The drive for success encourages everyone to be present and hard working. Professors are not only fair and understanding, but they want the best for their students. The students just have to want it too. With all the resources readily available, it's up to students to create the education they want.

Quinn

Utah State is a great school with a very welcoming atmosphere. It is easy to find friends and to enjoy your time there. Sometimes you have to get creative when your finding something to do but it's generally not that difficult. When it comes to academics there is a wide variety of options and most program are strong and competitive on a national level. There is a lot of free help and tutoring if you want it and the sky is the limit.

Susie

I really enjoy Utah State. It's a great college and I've learned so much. The hands on classes are incredible and I know I wouldn't have gotten this experience anywhere else. The professors are on your side and are always ready to help you and make sure you understand the curriculum.

Utah State University is a great place to get a good education, get involved, have adventure, and have success for a decent price. I have enjoyed my time in Logan working for my degree. The professors want to see you succeed and be the best that you can be.

Bailie

I think Utah State University is a great college that provides a lot of great opportunities. There always seems to be people available to ask for advice and directions around campus. Visiting this campus I felt very safe because they take student safety very seriously. Students and counselors make sure that you feel at home and safe and there are always people available to walk you to your dorm if you feel threatened.

Martin

Utah State University is a high quality institution with the sole aim of helping its students learn and continue on their path to becoming contributing members of society. It has a fun yet productive atmosphere and promotes awareness and involvement.

Madeline

Utah State University provides all of the means necessary for its students to have a 10/10 college experience. The campus grounds are spacious, and the surrounding landscape is beautiful. The new exercise facility is huge and amazing, and the library provides a quiet, focused atmosphere for studying. There are lots of free activities and events hosted for students on campus, and there are many different kinds of services available such as the Counseling and Health & Wellness Centers, dining locations, and the Aggie shuttle system. Sports fans will not be dissappointed by the enthusiasm of Utah State's student section. Utah State students apply themselves in their classes, and their professors and mentors only want help them grow and succeed.

Ean

Massive amounts of beautiful scenery and nature, at the cost of the infestation of LDS culture. These Mormon Students are often superficial and closed minded. They disapprove of anyone they don’t deem worthy(non-LDS). The church is a cult and many LDS families settle in cache valley because it is generally safe and quiet. There are niches at USU but you have to sort through all the brainwashed students that claim they are a higher class than the rest because of their religion. The recreational scene is phenomenal in Logan. The Logan police are not so much. They frequently bust parties, minors in possession and they even bend the law to their will to bust a student that has good intentions. Besides that, the facilities are very nice, there is a large involvement culture, and very prestigious professors and programs.

Mattiah

USU has a beautiful campus full of kind and outgoing people. The professors are invested in the academic and emotional well-being of their students and are also effective teachers. There are many great resources on campus for getting help with emotional, physical, or academic needs.

Anna

The University has great programs, ranging from agricultural anything and everything to great engineering program(s). The "dry campus" (NO alcohol anywhere on campus) is a bullshit regulation to appease the Mormon political agenda. There are students from all over the globe, but they stick in niches and don't really associate with the mostly white, religious community surrounding them. VERY conservative town, which is hard to deal with, but great learning facilities and range of good professors. If you're looking for diversity, go somewhere else. If you're focused on getting a good education and a safe environment, this is the perfect school.

Susan

Utah State University offers a very positive environment. When visiting the campus, I felt this right away and knew that this school would be right for me. The thing that attracted me the most when doing a campus tour was the fact that all Utah State representatives that I spoke to knew about the degree that I wanted to go into and they were immediately able to offer me comforting statistics about the job placement of my degree following graduation. Another thing that I loved about Utah State and am sure that I will continue to love is the student life. While I am going to college to learn, there is plenty of good opportunities that Utah State offers to keep students happy and entertained. This creates a very relaxed, but safe environment for all the students.

Allie

I have just absolutely adored Utah State. This is my first year here, and I have felt nothing but inclusion and continuous love. The people are so kind and are so welcoming to everyone that they come in contact with. The campus is stunning and is perfect size. I haven't had one bad experience with the classrooms, teachers, or my peers. The extracurricular activities are always a blast and they try their best to accommodate everyone.

Spencer

Utah State is an awesome place for anyone! Here at Utah State you can get involved in just about anything you are interested in. There is always a group here for you to belong to. This area has a great access to extracurricular activities and a great outdoors scene for those who love the outdoors. But like is said around here. If you can survive the winters here, you are a true USU student :) We love the academics here too. There are so many ways to make yourself stand out and be who you want to be.

Kortney

Being at Utah State University has changed my life. I love being able to learn is such a rural area that also provides for great and safe living. The bus system is fabulous for those without vehicles and the Agriculture program is #1 in the Nation. We are so lucky to be able to attend this amazing campus and learn from the best professors who are passionate and hard working.

Devon

Utah State University was my fist pick out of all the universities in Utah. In my opinion it has the best student life around. They're constant activities to do and things to explore every week. There is never a dull moment due to the close community that Logan holds for their students. The on/off housing that surrounds the school is perfect for catching up with our closest friends and being able to get to and from buildings with out being in harms way. The one thing that I find the most helpful that the university has along with Logan City is their free bus system. this makes it great to get anywhere you want in Logan. Personal transportation isn't needed in this amazing school due to the close buildings as I mentioned and the bus system. I have been up here for four years now with every year getting better and better. It takes a true heart to be an Aggie and I feel like everyone can achieve this title within a few weeks of being a student.

Chandler

It's a very family friendly school. I felt safe when I visited there. I have heard of some raucous going on but not very often, but as expected at any college campus. Overall, its a beautiful school and the people seem happy. I have talked to some of my friends that attend there and say that there are so many opportunities to get involved and have fun while also focusing on school and the degree they need to be successful.

Annika

Overall, it's a pretty great school. It has a good balance of academic achievement with student life and activities, which means you meet people who are there to learn, and people who are there to have a "college experience" and both are great. Also, it's an extremely inexpensive tuition so that's another plus.

Utah State University is one of the most fun, active, and outdoorsy environments that anyone can be a part of. It is a very clean campus and the students are very politically and socially active. It has a very safe and religious environment with a big focus on engineering, business, and agriculture. Overall, the students are very welcoming and diverse, and it is not the type of university where fraternities or sororities rule. It gets very cold, snowy, and icy during the winter, but the environment is so amazing.

Dylan

This is a good and safe school. It is a very beautiful campus, with many friendly people. Classes are a good size and very enjoyable. Professors are very helpful and almost always available to help, whether it be in person or through email. USU is a great school.

Paul

Campus is very safe and the vast majority of students are very friendly. There is a lot of extracurricular and recreational things to do. Professors are very willing to meet with students and help them with whatever they need. Student support such as free transportation, tutoring centers, and recreational facilities are all amazing.

John

As an out of state student, I have felt extremely welcomed and at home here at Utah State. There is a diverse collection of students here that produces an atmosphere conducive to sharing ideas and having scholarly discussions about our current and past studies. Logan, Utah provides a very safe college-town experience with plenty of outdoor activities available in the mountains surrounding Cache Valley. Although the City of Logan itself does not have much to do, if nature is your thing, Utah State would be a great fit for you. The staff at the University comes from a wide variety of backgrounds, and are always willing to help students master whatever concepts they are teaching. Utah State University is a highly underrated institution, and will provide an excellent educational experience in a number of different fields.

Austin

Utah State has been a far better experience than I ever thought college could be. The detail and availability the professors put into the courses have really helped me to take my skills to a higher level and also push me to give more as well. I notice students around campus who are constantly striving to innovate and improve the campus and the overall experience. I love going to school at Utah State University.

Aubrey

I love being a Aggie! USU provides lots of diversity in activities as well as academics. I also love how they always seem to keep everything very up to par and professional.

McKayla

I feel like it has provided me with a good balance between a good education, helpful professors, and fun extracurricular activities that provide a break from rigorous class and study time. There is a running joke amongst incoming students that they over emphasize the "Aggie Family" but you come to learn that people really do have each other's backs here at USU.

Melissa

It's a great school especially if you're going into engineering or landscape architecture, which I am doing both-I'm a dual major, so I'm a little bias. They also have a really good psychology program and the health of their students is always their first priority. They have a great health system set up for their students and there are always people around to help you out if you need it. Although the class sizes can be a little overwhelming, professors are very aware of their students and how they're doing in the class, and larger classes also have teacher's aids to help share the work and they too, are very aware of their peers. We all encourage each other and we want everybody to do their best. There isn't a professor up here that isn't willing to work with his/her students to help them achieve their goals. There's a lot of different places that you can go to eat so there's always something good that you can have so you never go hungry, and they have something called the food pantry that actually offers free food to students so that you never have to worry about groceries.

Jaina

I honestly love USU! I couldn't imagine going to another university. It was my number one choice of schools to go to solely based off of research. I am not from Utah and none of my family members attended here, this was simply the right school for me.

Allie

I love it so much! The atmosphere is fantastic and you see students always trying their hardest. The campus is beautiful and I love visiting it. People there are always so friendly and games are one of our favorite things to do while we’re visiting. I have many alumni family members that loved the whole experience. Go Aggies!!

Madison

I felt very welcome at my visit to Utah State. The campus was very peaceful and had so many fun activities going on. The library was very resourceful and perfect in every way. The student ambassadors were very kind to me and made me want to go to college at Utah State!

Leah

Utah State University is a great school. I'm only in my first semester of freshman year, and I'm already in love with this school. The academics are really great here. There's a lot of resources for struggling student in need of any kind of help. The advisors are always willing to help students with anything especially declaring a major and working towards graduation. The community at this school is so great. We are called the Aggie family, and it really does feel like a family. Everyone is so inclusive and nice. This school is affordable and has many great programs and majors to fit everyone's interests. Overall, I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a quality education and a great college experience.

Savannah

Football, higher education, rock climbing, skiing, snowboarding, you name it we've got it. Utah State is home to many students who are here internationally as well as locally which creates a diverse group of students. Utah State offers close access to the mountains for exciting outdoor activities but if you're not into that they have close access to local clothing stores as well as local food places. This accredited University offers more than one hundred majors to fit almost every educational need. Go Aggies!

Dylan

Utah State University offers an education that is worth double the amount we are currently paying. The professors do not hate coming to class they actually want to be there and be teaching. The university also offers amazing ways that can help you pay for your education and they also make all events and social activities feel like everyone is welcome.

Shaylee

Utah State was a great campus with a comfortable atmosphere. Everyone is very friendly and its important to get involved whether that be with the service clubs, academically, sporting events, or just activities that happen everyday on your walk to class. The town of Logan revolves around the university and everyone is proud to be a Utah State Aggie.

Tylan

Utah State is an amazing school. The resources available to me and the education that I am receiving are beyond what i expected coming into it. The culture is very welcoming and there are always things to do. Things that keep you excited and active while giving you time to study and make the most of your educational experience. It can compete with any other university in the country in my opinion.

Lance

It is a great school for the price and the campus is very nice. The teachers are decent and the people are nice. It is a great place to study and be in, It has a great atmosphere. There are a lot of fun activity's and there are a lot of job opportunity here in cache valley. The overall social aspect is very good and people at the university are more welcoming than in other places.

Madison

I love this school!! Utah State is my home! There are a few minor problems, but those are everywhere. Utah State is the best in the State when it comes to student pride, academics, and feeling welcome. I have always felt safe, wanted, and respected at Utah State. USU will always be my school! Go Aggies!