Utah State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Utah State University

Eliza

Utah State University is an incredible school. I have spent many leadership conferences there with my high school Student Government, as well as a Business and Marketing Conference, and I have fallen in love with USU. The environment is like no other campus I've ever experienced and I am hoping to become a part of the Aggie Family this coming Fall!

leah

the overall feel of the campus is very welcoming and warm. this is also shown the classrooms with professors being willing to meet with you during office hours to help you understand the information that is being taught during the class or lecture.

I have enjoyed my classes and campus. There are great people and very one is willing to help you succeed. I was sad when we have to go to online school because of COVID-19, for I loved going to classes and learned a lot while in class. The culture there is also very friendly and welcoming. It felt like home to me and I would suggest going to Utah State if you are considering going.

josh

I love the campus! Great buildings with beautiful buildings and technology based learning. The professors are great and often very helpful. The student life is like none other; a person can find themselves hiking, going to bear lake, eating at one of the many restaurants, or just playing sand volleyball at a court. There is plenty of time to work and plenty of time to play!

Wendy

Utah State University is school that is sized just right. It is not too big that the professor's don't know the individual students, and it is not too small that certain majors or subjects are not offered. The atmosphere on campus is one of learning, students are there to learn. They just happen to have fun while they do so. I am excited to attend this university and study Engineering.

carlos

Utah State University is a a great place to go its located in a great place being in Logan and being there gives it a great access to wonderful things like snowboarding or going to any of the national parks near or around It , the classes are also great there not that big of a size and professors on the campus have office hours that you can go in and chat with them about your class and if you have any questions and the student life is plentiful walking around campus you see people talking and having fun but once there in class its to what there are there for and it’s for learning Utah state has great classes its has great agricultural and law classes with state of the art science classes and labs for their students to use and they also have a great amount of resources at the college like tutor the professor’s classrooms filled with equipment for you to use as the student furthering there career you also see students working around the clock 24/7 during their time at the school would it be during lunch studding or doing their homework that’s due it’s pretty rare to see a student slacking off, and the school also has great traditions to make all students feel involved with a place most of them would call there home for the next 4 or more years of there life, overall Utah state is a great place to go to pursue your future education

zoe

its an okay school, I wish there were more things to do though, I think that's why people are getting addicted. Although, I like the fact usue does concurrent enrollment, that is really great for people who are trying to get ahead for their college life. Its alot cheaper as well, and i think it grants amazing possibilities for students to get a feed for college.

Claudia

Utah State University is overall a really great school. I love how much you can get involved with things and how there are always activities to do. The number one thing that Im really excited about are the sports events. I cannot wait to get all dressed up in my Aggie gear and go to the football games along with the basketball games. Utah state is like my second home and I cannot wait to start in the fall.

Mikalyn

It is an inviting and welcoming school that is always willing to help you with whatever you need no matter what. The community is so kind and always has fun things going on. The students are hardworking and if you ever need help they are happy to help. The overall atmosphere of the campus is warm and welcoming.

jordan

It is a great school with a great reputation. I will be starting a masters program in the fall! The professors are very easy to get in contact with and you can tell that they care about their students. USU had a reputation of academic excellence and is nationally ranked. Im trying to give it 5 stars but it won't move passed three.

Mackenzie

Utah State is a wonderful school. The whole campus holds what Utah State believes in and has a wide variety of opportunities available. The agriculture program is a very excellent program. The layout of the campus is excellent. Utah State is a very extravagant school.

Brandon

Utah State is the dream of any High School student that is looking to continue their education. There are so many wonderful things about it from the spirit-filled sports games to the quality of the on-campus food. Nearly everything about Utah State is incredible. The teachers are wonderful, the environment itself is safe, and they have wonderful programs.

Cassidy

It's okay, I wish there was more support for the arts but I really do like the sense of community, the Aggie Family is a real thing. I am able to walk around campus and feel relatively safe. People are friendly and are always willing to talk about a project I'm working on or strike up a conversation on the bus. I like it here, Logan is just a little to cold for me.

I love both the academic and social sides of Utah State University. One of my favorite parts about the university is the encouragement and opportunities to succeed. Whether it be the professor's office hours, extra help provided by the teacher's assistant, or simply caring peers, everyone wants to help you! I was recommended to Utah State University by many people and have since recommended it to many others. I love this school and am so grateful to attend!

Jason

I want to love Utah State, I really do, but I haven't been able to since I don't live in the dorms or "student" housing (no one leaves those buildings and they seem to only ever make friends with people on their floor). USU showers you with great information with orientation, campus is beautiful, academics are pretty good, the surrounding area has lots to do, you'll come here excited, and then make zero friends if you aren't LDS (or white, since campus has like approximately zero diversity). Way too much LDS influence and presence for a state school, with way too many LDS events going on all the time. I thought I was making a lot of great friends at first, then they learned I wasn't LDS and basically treated me like I had the plague. Some people say they "never notice," but I honestly find that hard to believe. I hear people talking about church stuff daily everywhere. Great if you're in that world, not great if you're just normal. Nothing exciting ever happens on campus like they do at other state campuses, in spite of a lot of "events." People just walk to class and go home. The Howl is a joke, unless you like high school dances and Rockstar energy drinks. Everyone gets way too excited about the True Aggie 'kissing' nights (I guess kissing is a big huge deal for Mormons?). Apparently just talking to girls here means you literally want to marry them, so they'll all treat you like a psycho if they don't think you're cute, and they're pretty much all engaged or married already by 20. People are friendly-ish, but that's about it; really difficult to break the chatting barrier and get people to actually DO things. EVERYONE GOES HOME (like 2+ hours away home) on the weekends. EVERYONE. Logan is a ghost town Friday-Sunday. Who goes to college to go back 'home' every single weekend? I guess Utah LDS people do for Sunday dinners and family time or whatever. If you're a quiet person who enjoys not really doing anything at all, USU is perfect. If you're looking to actually gain experience, have a fun judgement free time, and learn some new perspectives, USU is a nightmare. Run away as fast and far as you can.

Kyley

I think that it is a great school, however, I think that they could offer some more online classes. One thing that I have noticed is that they try really hard to keep their campus safe. Something else that I have noticed is that the Professors try to help you as much as they can and they always let you know when you can come in and ask for their help.

Sterling

Utah State is a good school with a lot of diversity.

Jace

Utah State University is the greatest university on the face of the earth. Its a big named school with a small town feel. The culture from the students to the surrounding community mesh so well it feels like one big family has come together to learn and to enjoy the time at Utah State. The academic programs are off the charts and job acceptance rate at Utah State is unbelievable. The preparation the university gives is undeniably the greatest to give you the best shot to be successful at life and in your career.

Becky

I live through my friends as I am not yet a student there. I cannot wait to go there and look forward to a great education in one of the top aerospace engineering schools in Utah as well as have fun and make lasting relationships. The campus is clean, the environment is safe. I really feel like I can have a quality education and still find access to all the fun things I may want to do outside of academia.

I love Utah State University! There is a very homey feel on campus and they prioritize helping students succeed at their own pace. I never feel judged and if I ever need to randomly room or be paired up with someone, I know they are going to be a wonderful and empathetic person. They hype up game days and campus life so that you are never bored! GO AGGIES!

Colton

Utah State University is a great school to attend. Always things going on no matter where you look. The Quad always has different events for all types of people to participate. The staff is always helpful, whether it be by meeting or email. I have never felt unsafe being up on campus no matter the time of day. I would whole-heartedly recommend Utah State for schooling.

Celine

Utah State University is an amazing university! The professors are helpful. They are always willing to provide extra instruction and mentoring. The advisers are dedicated helping student succeed. All faculty and staff support the university's mission and find ways to encourage further learning.

Amma

Utah State University is an amazing school. There are so many resources available for students here including resources in academics, physical health, mental health, and personal growth. The professors care about student success and do their best to help the students while also making them grow. The campus is beautiful, the student involvement is fantastic, and the overall campus feeling welcoming.

Kolton

I spent two years at Utah State and I absolutely loved it! I have been to a couple universities and Utah State is by far my favorite. It has very pretty scenery and there is a lot to do if you love the outdoors. It can get pretty cold in the winter but summer is amazing. There are always fun activities going on and a lot of people always go to them to make it fun. They get really big into their sports which also makes it a lot of fun, they even have big viewing parties when their teams play away. I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone. Anyone who has gone to this school will recommend the same.

I absolutely love this school! Their business school that I go to is top notch, with the best professors and so many opportunities to learn and grow. The campus itself is beautiful, and their is plenty of student involvement to keep busy. Utah State University also has several resources including tutoring, the health and wellness center, and counseling, to name a few.

Ashlynn

Utah State University is great for anyone looking for a campus close to numerous outdoor activities and great people. There is always something to do whether you are on or off campus. You can hike the wind caves in the summertime, or you can ski/snowboard at the nearby ski resort in winter. The professors also seem to care about your success just as much as you do. They all have regular office hours you can attend to get help with whatever you need. As long as you are willing to learn, they are willing to teach in a way you understand. With the number of resources available to help you succeed, getting through each semester is not too bad. Go Aggies!

B

Utah State is essentially a Mormon school. If you are LDS, you will feel welcome and comfortable. There are very few events that cater to non-LDS students and extremely low diversity on campus. I've experienced regular discrimination as a non-LDS student. Students who are comfortable with this type of environment will enjoy the small-town feel and quiet atmosphere on campus. The town is very supportive of the school and there are plenty of outdoor opportunities available.

Wyatt

I love Utah State University I have been attending for about 3 years and have loved every second of it. There is a great welcoming feeling from both the campus and everyone you would find on campus. It is a safe, fun, and all around amazing school and I am beyond proud to call myself and Aggie!

Preston

An amazing school. Great culture, great people, great place. I would reccomend this school primarily for anyone that is going into an agriculture major. However all of their programs are top notch. It is a big school but the class sizes are reasonable and the professors are happy to help.

Hayden

I love it for the most part. The people are great and there a lot of fun programs to be a part of. If you stay involved with activities such as intramural sports, attending school events, and using the provided facilities you will have a much better experience. I hope I can stay here for all 4 years

Utah State University is a very welcoming school. They make it clear from the very beginning that they want you there, which is a big deal when you're starting college. It's a college town, so there are a lot of job opportunities so you can work your way through school. There are a lot of opportunities to make friends and meet new people. The professors are very welcoming and want you to succeed. It is a very positive atmosphere.

Alyssa

Utah State University has created an environment where I love to learn. I feel like I'm going to be prepared for any career I end up in because I'm gaining skills of hard work, persistence, researching abilities, people interaction, and much more. The students here love to learn, and that's our priority, but a close second is the experience. We get involved, and have fun creating memories at sporting events, school events, and with friends. I love being an Aggie!

Matt

I really enjoy it and am happy to be an Aggie. I work on campus and every student is just good. We have a close community around the campus that is focused on the college as well. They really care for the students and want the students to stay and make the community better as well.

Sydney

Utah State University is a school that is all about the experience. The students are encouraged to participate in every extra-curricular thing they can. The student body is very inclusive and supportive of one another and it's easy to make friends and learn from one another.

Felicity

I love it! We have a really nice, clean campus that is well taken care of. Many of the facilities, especially the newer ones are absolutely gorgeous and provide a lot of study areas with lots of natural light. Professors do their jobs and care about their students. And the student life is amazing! There are a lot of easily accessible events. So go Aggies!

Sydney

It’s a great school. It provides plenty of oppirtunities for students to take advantage of. However, just like every school out there, it’s the students job to put themselves out there and take part of the activities. The school itself can o my do so much to help you if you don’t put the work in as well. It’s a half way type of thing.

Adriana

It's a great school and I'm lucky to go there. There's plenty of opportunities at Utah State, you could get involved into various clubs and there's academic opportunities as well. The professors helps and are available to you. Classes are good, though they can get a bit full, like any college.

Oakley

If you like the outdoors it is perfect, There are ski resorts, hot springs, and much more to find there. During the summer its nice and warm and its always beautiful. Mornings there are crisp and cool with the nice heat of the sun mixed. It doesn't get better than that. During the spring, there is beautiful rainstorms. It is always beautiful down in Logan. Finally, during the fall, you have the football games which, who doesn't want to be a part of the Herd. Utah State is the perfect place.

McKenna

Utah State University offers more than a quality education, it offers a well-rounded and supportive college and young adult experience. From athletic events to drag shows, the student body, otherwise known as the Aggie Family, come in droves to support their fellow students and share in their successes. The students are dedicated to their education and engage in rigorous study, intellectual conversations, and activism in the educational community because they care about the kind of experience they receive. The Aggie Family is one of the most welcoming, friendly, inclusive student bodies out there: walking down the main street through campus there are groups of friends mingling and always smiling to strangers they pass or inviting freshman to join the festivities. The opportunity for student involvement and extra-curricular activities are just as important as the university's dedication to resources for academic success, which are all fantastic. The faculty and staff of Utah State are really the shining jewel in this crown. They make every effort to be available to students, push them to excel while providing them options, assessing the needs of the classroom and trying new learning techniques, and engaging even undergrad students in their amazing research.

"Family friendly" is the phrase that comes to mind when I think of Utah State University. It's not a "party school" by any stretch of the imagination, but there are always a variety of events happening, most of them free. We like our activities, and there's usually something going on, be it a sport, concert, banquet, or pizza social. The university lives for its students, and since many of the students have families, the school has adapted to be very welcoming to a variety of circumstances. The faculty welcomes small children into classrooms, works with tricky schedules, and celebrates students' success with them. The university is always expanding and adapting by introducing new, state-of-the-art facilities and technology to help facilitate learning. The school is by no means perfect *cough-parking-cough*, but overall, Utah State University is a friendly, affordable school with plenty of opportunities for everyone to get involved in some way.