Utah Valley University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Utah Valley University

Hunter

Great school to study and learn. You get a quality learning experience for a low price. The students are fun, and there is a great social aspect involved. I love the fact that it's safe and easy to learn. Overall a great place to get your life on track.

Natalie

Utah Valley is all about personalized learning for its students. Every class I have taken has been small and the Professors almost always know my name. I have professors that will respond to emails on Saturdays and Sundays. The faculty really cares about your learning and helping you in any way that they can.

Lindsey

UVU is a really great school! You can't beat the low tuition. Amazing professors, tons of activities, free stuff, etc. One thing that isn't great is that there isn't any on-campus housing. There is stuff that is pretty close though. There are tons of great classes. UVU also has a huge selection of degrees, minors, and even certificate programs! Honestly super happy about my education at UVU!

Allison

Full of religious bigots. If you're not LDS, they don't like you. All of the BYU rejects go here. If you don't share their religious beliefs, they will attempt to convert you or ignore the fact you exist, aside from nasty stares. The students are quite hostile. I'm LGBT and even if I made this part of my identity known to my professors or classmates, they would ignore my preferred name and pronouns. In terms of housing, its super overpriced and there is no campus living. No Greek life either. Parking is impossible as well. There is no meal plan on campus, and the food isn't great anyways. The food options are super spread out too, no general eating area.

Abigail

This is a great school to go to! There are a lot of new people to meet! The Professors are very friendly and are very much intent on making sure I know the material and are always checking to make sure that the class is on page or task. Class sizes are small for the size of the university, and group work is really efficient. The food court here at UVU is really good and spread out throughout the campus. Overall a good place to study!

Aubrey

Overall, I love it! I live at home, so the housing isn't something I have really looked into. However, there aren't really any options, and others I have talked too who use On-Campus housing don't like it. The food is good, but not super cheap because they are fast food type restaurants like Chick-fil-a, Panda Express, Costa Vida, etc. However, there are opportunities for free food, of some sort, almost every day. Most classes you can choose if you want auditorium or small class sizes. UVU isn't a huge school spirit school, so if you don't care for that UVU is the best! Most professors want to help you succeed too. I definitely would recommend Utah Valley University.

Brett

It's an amazing place to learn. You can't beat the wonderful facilities and top notch education at such an affordable price. It's a wonderful place for me to start my upper level education and prepare myself for further eduaction and my future career. I'm going to miss it when I have to leave.

James

I absolutely love going to school here. It is an amazing environment. The other students help one another succeed. All of my professors are helping students get ready for jobs, and careers after school. There a lot of social clubs for students to join. I would recommend this school to everyone!

Brooke

Utah Valley University is just a meh school. Nothing to brag about but nothing to hate on. It just feels like a second high school except with no cliques. Some teachers are very helpful, some aren't, it is the usual. I do enjoy my classes, and you do learn a lot, but it mainly depends on the professor.

I love it here. I'm able to take the classes at my own pace, thus enabling me to do school without incurring any debt. The professors are focused on student success and work hard to make sure their students learn. I even had a professor provide the class with her cell number so that we could text her with any questions.

brie

I wish the councilors we're more helpful as well as the staff in the financial aid department. It's hard to navigate planning and paying for your degree. But I love the campus and classroom environment. The teachers are very helpful. There's not a whole lot of activity outside of class to participate in though.

Brian

You can get involved with just about anything you want here. It's a great place to network.

Maxwell

I loved UVU. The classes were great and so were the professors. The staff wants you to succeed, and will often go out of their way to help you outside of class if you ask them. I really loved the look and feel of the campus as well. It feels pretty well organized and isn't too hard to navigate. I'd definitely recommend UVU to other students.

Tyler

I enjoyed my time at Utah Valley University. If you make an effort to go to professors' office hours, they will be very willing to help you learn and complete their course. There are many different ways to get involved on campus. There are many returning students and a variety of perspectives are present compared to the surrounding geography.

Melissa

I love how everyone is here to learn and accomplish finishing a degree in our life while being involved in school activities and school sports games as well. Overall, I would not choose any other university to attend than Utah Valley because it has a great diverse environment every student would love to be in.

Brianna

I love UVU. The professors are very proactive, you are able to reach them whenever you need to. They will take the time to meet with you one on one, if that is what you need. The atmosphere is safe and friendly. You make friendships that will last a lifetime. And the academics are amazing!

Amy

Utah Valley University is a great school! It has the largest enrollment out of any school in Utah and its not hard to see why. Tuition at UVU is affordable (for a college) and it is a bit lower than our other competing schools! I really appreciate the amazing professors that we have at UVU. They are all super nice and you can always get ahold of them one way or another. And there are many ways to get help or tutoring around campus and they are available whenever you need it . There are always opportunities to get involved with the school! There are also super awesome activities that are constantly going on. We have new events almost every week! And to top it off, We have a huge rock wall and a bowling ally on campus that you can go to for just $3. Its awesome! One of the many wonderful things that I would love to highlight about this school is that we have an on campus medical clinic. You can check in to see a doctor for only $10 a visit! It is great especially for someone like me who has to get allergy shots every week. I can just stop by in between my classes and get them without having to leave campus and drive somewhere. And the best part is, Im only paying $3 to get my shots. UVU has so many departments and degrees you can get! They have everything that you would ever want when it comes to departments and classes! So come to UVU and become part of the wolverine pack! We will be happy to have you!

Abby

I believe it is a very nice school and has many winning features. The professors are amazing and kind, and the student body is not overwhelming but comforting. The buildings are quite nice and the scenic routes are to die for. The accessibility to transportation is also very effective and amazing​.

Utah Valley University is an amazing school fraught with opportunity! The classes have been great and filled with students that truly value their education. Teachers are passionate about their subjects and want to help their students succeed. There are also a lot of fun extracurricular activities to be a part of! I am on the ballroom dance team and it has been an incredible experience dancing with others that are just as passionate as I am. I feel like I am accepted at UVU and that I am receiving quality education and valuable experiences!

Mckayla

I might be attending in the fall of 2016

Kylee

I absolutely love Utah Valley University! This school is founded on the idea of student success, and it is evident in the way the professors and administration treat the students. Every voice matters, and they are all here to help you succeed. There are so many leadership opportunities, and ways for you to get out of your comfort zone and find out who you really are. The campus is inclusive and serious, and it is the greatest school in the state of Utah.

Brinley

Utah Valley University is an amazing school. Not only is the tuition affordable, but you have so many resources available. You feel like you can really succeed and there are people who care. There are so many opportunities and I couldn't imagine going to a better school because I am already at the best.

Hallie

When UVU came to my high school I knew it was the school for me. They were the most exciting and had the best overall presentation. They gave off a fun, inviting, and exciting atmosphere. I have not been disappointed by UVU. One of UVU‘s big themes they always talk about is that they are an engaged learning school, and I truly believe that I have found that at UVU. I feel like UVU is preparing me for the professional world, and if there’s something I want to learn that I’m don’t feel like I’m being taught, my professors will make it a point to change their curriculums to fit my needs. I am very proud to call myself a Wolverine. There are lots of ways to get involved on campus, and not just through sports. UVU has tons of clubs and student events going on weekly that students can be a part of so they can connect and have fun. There are tons of mentor programs and teachers are always available to talk so that students can be in charge of their success.

Jordan

I have loved Utah Valley university. I was able to get a hold of the professors when it really counted. They are always searching to help us to learn and to be better each day. I have made several friends all over and I love the culture of the school. The students get involved with many things going on through out the year. I have had a great experience at Utah Valley University.

Reegan

I honestly love UVU. My older brother and sister both attended and graduated from here, and we are definitely a Utah Valley University family. I love walking through the halls and seeing all the diversity here, and when you make eye contact with a stranger, they smile at you. The people are friendly, the professors are nearly always open to helping you succeed, and not to mention President Holland understands us! He and the rest of the board always make sure that we're comfortable and that we have everything we need. There's nowhere I'd rather be.

Jacob

Utah Valley University is a very community oriented school. Everyone is very congenial and the entire school is connected so you never have to be outside when it's cold or raining. The Math and Sciences have very aware teachers, the dance and creative arts are very empowering and there are many showcases monthly for artists and creators. The best part of UVU is the connection to professionals. Nearly every major requires an Internship, or a Work-Study to graduate, as well as most higher level classes work with real companies to help redesign their website, put on a dance production, evaluate their marketing, create ads, publish on their blog, create new products and more. Students are creators, and work hard. Most students work while they are in schools or in scholarships. We are also the largest school in Utah now!

Adeline

I love the diversity of UVU. Being centered in such a religious location, it's reassuring to see how friendly everyone around campus is. There are students from all around the world and limitless possibilities for extracurricular. I don't feel like I have to seek out the fun going on around and on campus. The facilities are super nice and there are always great locations to study and mingle with classmates.

Administration, and Advisors are almost always available, and help with your problems and concerns to the best of their abilities. Campus is tighter-knit, so all of the buildings are at the most a 10 minute walk apart. Parking is organized, but overflowing. Class sizes are small and teachers are engaging and determined to help students succeed.

Mallory

UVU has many wonderful majors that are offered. It is pretty easy to get into UVU also because they have open enrollment.

Courtney

It is a great university, with a great facility, but not the finest parking situation. There seems to be a lot of competition within the class as all the students seem to be very engaged in learning. However, I believe more could be done to boost the student body energy when it comes to games and extracurricular activities.

Elexis

I enjoy attending UVU! There is room for improvement, but this school is definitely on the up and up!

Karalie

Utah Valley University has a relatively laid back atmosphere, classes aren't overly stressed about. The instructors are caring about your success as well as advisers. The campus it self is nice and inviting. It's very convenient that the the campus is close to the Orem station for the Frontrunner and public transportation that is offered is excellent.

McKyna

Utah Valley University is a highly inclusive and opportunistic school with many services available free or cheap to students. The academics here are on par, if not above those of other local colleges. Additionally, the professors are passionate about their subject matters, but also understand the importance of allowing students enough free time to “live” outside of college. Students are challenged to meet industry standards and are given multiple opportunities to shadow worksites, meet real work professionals, and receive constructive criticism from industry experts. As an Art and Design major, this is especially useful because it allows us the rare opportunity to put our foot in the door by networking and collaborating with students and experts alike. This caring for student’s future success really sets UVU apart from other colleges, in my opinion. Additionally, UVU provides several non-academic services to students such as free group therapy, affordable medical exams, free access to gym services, drive in movies, concerts, discussion panels, meet and greets, etc. All of these show a real attentiveness to college students and makes this university feel like home! However, there is still room for improvement. Many students lack adequate parking spaces or find off-campus housing prices too expensive—many would prefer an on-campus system that includes much needed student discounts. Other students have also found difficulty with finding classes with adequate times or sessions. Many popular classes do not have enough sessions or professors to accommodate the size of the student body, resulting in much stress and confusion at the expense of the students. Overall, I don’t believe this overshadows the many perks of attending UVU. The environment at Utah Valley is so positive and accommodating, that I’m sure any student complaints will be resolved promptly.

Gregory

Utah Valley University is an amazing school, small class size, and the teacher to student ratio is very small. I really enjoy the school's motto, engaged learning. My first year here I was able to do research for the school. I got to partner up with huntsman cancer institute and grow my own brain tumor cells. I was the primary investigator on the project. It is amazing, and I believe every school should be like this.

I love UVU. The professors and academics are amazing, and it really focuses on hands-on experience from people who are currently working in their field, which I love. There are a ton of clubs and activities for students to join, which creates a very inclusive campus.

Matthew

UVU is generally a good school. The facilities are incredible. I love the library, and there are a lot of areas to get varied exercise. And they're constructing more! I've had varied class sizes - some with less than twenty, some with over a hundred. The teachers I had were not incredible, but they generally cared about our success and got their job done. I had trouble from a Professor once - I felt discriminated against because of my religion.

fernando

It's a great school to get started, figure out what you want to major in. I have been able to pay out of pocket for four straight semesters, taking generals not knowing what I want to do for the rest of my life. While attending I was able to meet with counselors that helped me create a plan based on what I wanted. I now know what career to pursue without any student loans holding me back.

Chad

I think it is a great school. It has a huge campus, but when it comes to classes they are relatively small to give students and easier time to interact with the professor. This helps make it feel that they are easy to reach out to and get a hold of. The fellow students are great, they are all there to learn. UVU is the best!

Shaylyn

I LOVE UVU! I couldn't think of anywhere else to get my education. I love that it is close to home, and that all of the professors are willing to help you succeed. The professors emphasize just how important it is to learn the material, even though this can be challenging, it is extremely worth it in the end.

Isaiah

I love UVU, it really is awesome. The other students are super friendly and class sizes are smaller. So professors get personal time with students. Its a growing university with lots of opportunities for success outside of college. There are ample options for classes that work for everyone. From parents to full time working students, UVU works with everyone to make sure they have the best opportunities.

I absolutely love the experiences that I've had here at UVU. It's a great campus for engaged and hands on learning. Here is an actual list of traditions: True Wolverine: This event is held in the courtyard at the beginning of every semester. It is a social event with music and generally some kind of food or drink. Here students have the opportunity to become a "True Wolverine" by kissing someone on the fountain. Mr. UVU: Students compete for a the title of Mr. UVU while showing off their swimwear, talents, on stage question and formal wear. Winner goes on to the Mr. Utah pageant to compete against schools across the state. Emerald ball: This event has been around for several years though it has gone by different names in the past such as the Charity Ball or Inaugural Ball. This is the only formal dance that is held on campus every year. UVU's Best Dance Crew: This tradition started in back in 2010. This event gives students the opportunity to form dance groups and battle it out on the dance floor for the title of UVU' Best Dance Crew. SoundBites: This is a monthly open mic night held in Centre Stage.

I love UVU so much. I wouldn't want to go to school anywhere else. It's so inexpensive, has amazing options and free food and activities all the time. The classes are generally small around 20-30 students, sometimes even smaller, so you really get to know the people around you and you get on a very close name basis with your professors. The campus is always well lit and I've never felt unsafe walking through the parking lot at night. All the builders are attached so when it's snowing you never have to go outside to deal with that, and it's easy to avoid the heat. There are tons of food options everywhere and computers for students to do homework on in most buildings. Overall a 10/10 school.

Alissa

I absolutely love UVU. I'm a transfer student and it's been an incredible school for me! I feel like my needs are taken care of and that I have a voice, which is not what I felt like at the school I was going to before. It's such an amazing environment!

Moroni

I love it so much. It's my second home I can come to. Professors are always there to help and support in your schooling and life. Friends are everywhere for you. Lots of fun and activities. This is a family for me. A huge help to support you for life to come.

Leeya

It is a good school. It's very open to everyone and what they want to do. I like how they try to keep up with the times and continue to grow and build in their academics. I think that sometimes the professors could respond a little better but they have a good learning classroom.

Abby

I love this school. I enjoy going to many of the classes I am enrolled in because the class size is usually smaller than 30 people. The teachers know how to have the students engaged in an academic discussion and they make learning interesting. The people on this campus are all very bright and it is easy to meet new people.

Mariam

Utah Valley University had everything that I was looking for: knowledgeable and friendly teachers, a program that fit my needs, classes that fit my schedule, and most importantly a quality education. I have been a student at UVU for three years now, and the school has totally met my expectations. The advisors care about the students, and they actually take an active role in helping students with academic planning, financial aid, and etc. The school is diverse, the classes are small, and because the buildings are all connected, I haven’t had to brave the Utah winters going from class to class. I love that the teachers are very approachable and they want their students to learn. Another UVU plus is that they encourage internships and they help students find internships. They also have scholarships available for those going on internships. They helped and encouraged me to do an internship abroad, so I was able to obtain academic credit, while at the same time, preparing for my future career. As far as the school location, I commute from another city and I have found that the school is easily accessible by public transportation. For those who like to be involved in campus activities, there is always something going on at the school -- sports, dance performances, guest speakers, club activities, sometimes free food, and more! UVU is a school that wants their students to succeed, they offer a wide range of degrees, and it is a fun place to go to school!

Joshua

I love this school. It's a great Campus, it's set in a beautiful location, and the floor plan and layout of the actual buildings are great! The art scene is very real and very unique! I also really enjoy the food court and the science department! 10/10 would recommend to a friend!

Whitney

I attended UVU for one year after graduating high school. UVU was not my first choice of school but mostly because I never looked into it. I was offered a great one year scholarship and headed there to study. The school itself is amazing. The buildings and amenities are so nice and they are always renovating and improving. The campus culture is friendly and not as overly crowded as I imaged it to be. There is a safe feeling during the day but after leaving late classes I did feel scared. Class size all depended on the class and the professor. I had classes with 10 total students and I had classes in auditoriums with 500 plus students and there were multiple sections. I always felt pushed to be better and I learned great things at UVU. The biggest downside to UVU is there is no on campus housing. Housing was hard to find and it is expensive. It added travel time to get to classes. Parking was another joke. There is no where to park. I enjoyed UVU and I would recommend UVU to everyone.

Sadie

I absolutely love it. There are always quiet spaces available to study and students often get together to learn. Resources are readily available. People truly care and its a happy environment. Professors are amazing. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!