Utica College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Utica College

Angela

I did two online courses with this school and had such negative experience. I read the negative reviews prior to starting, I doubted most of the reviews , and proceeded because the tuition was cheaper than most colleges. There is no student support like they mention, and the Smart Thinking Tutor that they use is a waste of time.I used it multiple times to assist with assignments, and the work they assisted me with was incorrect. Their process is complicated, even for a simple thing as registering for class, there's many steps to follow and they have to email you a code for you to register. Even after you pay off the tuition, they delay updating your billing statement to reflect $0 balance. I have tuition reimbursement through my job, and I would always have to call their Financial Aid office to update my billing statement so I can provide it to my employer. The only thing this college made easy for you to do, is making payments, go figure. I pass both classes,but still changing school.

Eden

I like it there. It's a very small campus which is nice. The teachers are always happy to help and so are the staff. They have plenty of activities for the students on campus. The food is okay. It could use some variety. But it's still good. The bathrooms in the dorm halls are always dirty. Especially the toilets. We go days without hand soap or paper towels. There are plenty of places to study/do work.

CORY

THIS IS MY FIRST YEAR ATTENDING UTICA COLLEGE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT HERE. MY CLASSES ARE SUPER. EVERYONE IS VERY FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. THE SPORTS ARE GREAT. MY DORM ROOM IS VERY NICE. I AM SO VERY HAPPY I DECIDED TO GO HERE. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND UTICA COLLEGE.

Bennensa

Your college experience is what you make of it. Just like other schools, Utica College has its fault but its a good school to some to.

Casey

I feel Utica College is a great college to attend; there are several different organizations and activities for everyone to feel included. However, there are different issues that the college needs to work on. First, the campus food and cafeteria needed to be worked on, but now it is being currently being renovated for the upcoming fall. Second, the most pressing issue is the financial aid needs to offer more money to aid students as well as aid students on where to aid them for more aid to be able to pursue a further education.

Brealle

It's a decent school. But will be getting better in the years to come. m

Wyatt

Utica College is the perfect fit for me. I feel comfortable in all of my classes and that a majority of students are present to learn and give it their all. There will always be the students who just don't care of want to try, but I refuse to let them prevent me from getting my education. Utica College is the best school i personally could go to. My major is Fraud and Financial Crime Investigation which is Utica College exclusive, it a perfect mixture of all of my primary interests and i am thrilled to dive into it more upon entering my second year.

Grace

I really like my campus for a lot of reasons. It has a small campus and the overall population is probably a little over three thousand students which makes it more of a friendly environment and because of that you get the chance to get to know more people. This year I will be a sophomore and I am living on campus for the second year. I am very excited for this upcoming year. Last year was a very enjoyable experience, especially since it was my first year. The teachers really try and offer options for extra credit and try to help you as much as they can so they can see you succeed. They are very understanding of your needs and try to find cheaper options say if you are having trouble getting required materials for a course. I feel I can go to them for any questions I ever need answered or simply email them and get a quick response. The campus itself it very easy to learn your way around because of its quaint size and the living quarters are always clean and very well managed. As for the food served on campus, they have so many different options such as small cafes and coffee shops along with a cafeteria with many healthy options and choices for everyone. They also have many sports games year round which I enjoy attending with my friends. This campus has very good education programs for whichever career you are seeking. As for student life, there are so many ways to get involved such as Greek associations, student government, and clubs which are open to everyone and help bring the students together in a professional and educational environment. These opportunities allow interactions between students and also within the community.

Rebecca

I find the academics and the environment of the of the school to be great. It is easy to get to know people and make friends. The school is small though and most stores are not in walking distance. Overall I believe this is a great school and hope to enjoy the next six years here.

Joshua

Slowly making improvements but struggle in many areas especially financially. However It works for me because I am highly adaptive and not really as picky as most people are when it comes to choices. I do not like particularly how unmanaged and lackadaisical the staff are in the financial department seeing as those they don't communicate with students effectively and mess up packages as well as other issues financially.

Trevor

Utica College is a great environment if you are into smaller college settings, as the average class size is about 20. The people here are friendly and it is a very diverse campus with tons of clubs for anyone to join. The professors are very engaging and are available whenever needed.

Tyler

Utica College has been exceptional with working with my in my path through college. All of the faculty and staff are so friendly and determined to help all of the students achieve their dreams. I transferred into Utica College from a community college questioning my career path, and my advisors and professors helped me discover my strengths and passions. Now I'm happily on the right path to a career that I'll love for the rest of my life, all thanks to Utica College.

I am currently a sophomore at Utica College and I wouldn't trade my decision for the world! I am so happy I chose this school. One of my many favorite things about Utica is the small class sizes. I am really close to a lot of my professors which is very helpful for me and there are many ways to get involved on campus so you'll never be bored!

Jared

This was my only college I applied to and I'm glad to be here. I can't imagine myself anywhere else, completely worth every penny. The atmosphere is very homey and smaller, which I prefer to larger and oversized colleges. Proud to say I attend Utica college.

Jordan

I am thrilled to be a part of Utica College. They are focused on academics, which is exactly the type of school I was looking for. From the time that I spoke with an admissions counselor, I knew I wanted to pursue an education at Utica. My counselor John was helpful and active in our conversation, and even took the time to ask me about my support background coming from home to ensure that I would be able to successfully complete an accelerated Bachelor's program. The staff at Utica are caring and knowledgeable, and I am proud to be a part of the Utica family.

Ellen

I did not fit in. But I tried to make the best of it. I worked hard in school, joined clubs, went out. I found different opportunities on campus and around the city. Even though it was not my ideal college experience I expected, i tried SO hard to make the best of it for myself. and I definitely did.

Emmanuel

Utica College is a small school. The area itself is dry with not much to do or places to go but the people there for the most part are nice people. The school is pretty diverse when it comes to ethnicity but almost all people there are either from the area or long island. If you meet the right people, the experience here can be interesting and fun despite some of its negatives.

Emmalyn

This campus is clean and is filled with friendly people. The best chefs are on campus because the food at all of the campus dining services are so tasty. Everybody is willing to help one another. The exercise machines at the athletic building work perfect for anyone that wants to get a good workout. The library is the place to go if you want a quiet place to do your homework because it is quiet without distractions. I would recommend this college to anyone.

Alex

Utica College is like my home away from home. The close-knit community is amazing! I have been provided with so many opportunities to succeed academically and my professors have helped me pursue my goal of becoming an occupational therapist. There are various local companies and you are able to get your foot in the door thanks to Utica College.

Kaitlyn

Some things that Utica College does really well is providing an atmosphere that makes students feel welcomed, important, and able to succeed. When I first came to UC I was very anxious over whether or not I would meet people and if I would fit in. As soon as I stepped on campus the Moose Movers greeted me with such genuine excitement, helped me move in, and gave me confidence for the rest of orientation. Because of the relatively smaller size, I was able to make close connections very quickly as I saw familiar faces in classes, the dining hall, and all over campus. There were so many different clubs to join so I focused on the dance team and the health studies student society, as they went along with my favorite sport and my major of physical therapy. In these I was able to make so many friends and make connections with professors and other opportunities. I became vice president of the dance team and we were able to participate in our first competition this year. This made me feel really important as I was responsible for helping with the dance and to run practices. In the other club, I was able to attend conferences, obtain a shadowing opportunity my freshman year, and to present my own research at a conference. All of this was possible because of the quick and strong connections that are so easy to make here. The professors have been incredible, especially since I am in such a difficult major. My first year, my chemistry professor worked hard to help me go from failing the first exam to ending with an A. He hosted many extra test review sessions, was very helpful and patient in his office hours, and paid close attention to each student’s needs. One time I was sick and had to miss class and he emailed me asking if I was okay and offered ways to help me make up the class. It’s impossible to be just another number in a massive lecture or random face in the crowd at Utica College. The size and community foster the ability to truly feel important and a part of something. UC makes itself an easy place to call home.

Olivia

I am beyond happy with my choice of attending UC. I love the small class sizes, how much there is to do on campus, and I love the sporting events. The professors are always very helpful and truly care about you. They are always willing to help you out, no matter the circumstances. For example, a professor will email you back at any given point throughout the night and during the day. If there is really something you are having a problem with they will go through every obstacle in order to get it solved for you. I wouldn't change my decision to attend UC!

Crystal

My overall opinion of Utica College is that it is a campus that is filled with diversity and the staff and professors are very helpful to the students, especially when it comes to their academic performance and factors outside of a classroom. The activities that are provided are open for everyone including not only the staff and students, but open to alumni members and family members.

Camil

I believe Utica College will provide me with a safe and great place with the opportunity for me to grow as a young man and business entrepreneur. On are family visit Utica College treated us with respect and care. I believe Utica college is the top school for me.

Chione

I love the school. I visited this school as a senior in high school three years ago and fell in love. It was the only school that I actually remembered out of all the colleges I visited. I'm happy with my choice and I can't imagine myself at another college.

Rutha

I sense that people are usually kept to themselves or like to stay in their own circle of friends. It is sometimes difficult to make friends, but I believe that if you want change, it starts with me. People are usually uncomfortable to step out of their comfort zone, and sometimes it is because they are scared to be rejected. It is okay to feel that way, but one day you will have to.

Christina

Utica is a nice campus, very lively, has lots of class and extracurricular opportunities. The sports teams have a very close connection and have a lot of community support. Every major especially, Wellness, Adventure Education, are very close and family-like, it feels like a second family.

Tarek

It is an amazing school with lots of opportunities to grow and succeed. The faculty and staff are very friendly and helpful and always eager to assist in any way possible to them. The cost of admittance if very small compared to many other colleges, but you get more for your money.

Daniel

Utica College is a good school, but not for the price they charge. Some of the guarantees are also not true, such as job placement assistance after college. They use the same purple briefcase everyone else does, but showcase it as something else, something better.

Talha

The advisors are easy to talk with and are always available to help when needed. The staff makes students feel like they are welcomed and appreciated. There are a variety of majors to choose from, and I would recommend this school for those looking at Colleges to apply to.