Valdosta, GA
Valdosta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valdosta State University

Nicholas

Valdosta is much more ethinically diverse than many other schools in the state. This dynamic offers a unique enviorment to learn about other cultures and people. This creates a fun and diverse enviorment to learn and develope friends for life that you can't get anywhere else.

I would tell my self and anyone else to follow your heart. Your heart has a funny way of already knowing what it is that you want to do. Success is not defined by how much money you make but is defined by how happy you are and achieving the goals you set for yourself. Just be what you want to be not what every one tells you that you should be. Your career will take up a large part of your life so do what you love and don't settle to you find what you love.

I would say anyone and everyone should attend Valdosta State. You will feel welcomed no matter who you are and you will find a group or organization for you no matter who you are. You will always have a friend here. The only person who shouldn't attend VSU is someone who doesn't want to have a fun a succesful college experience.

I honestly do not think many people know about VSU. The football team has multiple national championships but nobody really knows.

I would tell myself to go into college undeclared, get my core classes out of the way then declare a major. Do not start college with a declared major.

The advisors are the most frustrating thing.

I absolutely love Valdosta State University. For me, it is the perfect size. Professors can get to know their students and help them advance their careers. Professors are professional and helpful. VSU has a beautiful campus, and I love taking breaks to go to the Front Lawn or the Camellia Trail to enjoy the beauty of nature. I would most definitely recommend this university to other students.

Jasmine

My school has a beautiful campus but we are not unified.

My school has a beautiful campus but we are not unified.

Most of my classmates are really rude and rowdy.

I'd like to believe if most people had the chance to answer this question they'd say things like "Don't date that one guy" and "don't dye your hair purple, it was a mistake!" but I honestly wouldn't change those things about myself. There is one key thing I would tell myself. Take college classes! While being at the university I have met freshmen come in and immediately go up the ladder on to sophmore and junior while I have to slowly climb and make my way to the top. While there's no problem with either of these methods, it is fustrating to want to be successful and feel as if you are failing that simply because you did not get the head start you needed. Not only that but also if I would have taken college classes I would have had a better handle on what I wanted to do with the rest of my life, and I would have grown up a little faster, seen more of people, and understood what it meant to be in college and get a degree so that in the future I could have a fighting chance.

Destiny

When Valdosta State University is mentioned to the general public, it is the beauty of the campus that comes up in conversation. The palms trees, consistent warmth, and restored buildings are some of the reasons I choose to go to Valdosta State University. Valdosta State University is also known for winning the National Championship for football in 2012.

Entering college life the typical thought is “I am going to find myself,” but in order to find something it first must be lost. Losing yourself is not what anyone should ask for especially in the judgmental and challenging life milestone of college. If I knew then what I know about college life now I would tell my high school senior self that finding yourself is not the goal, but enhancing and revolutionizing yourself is the goal. Months in preparation for the first day off to college should be more than finding twin size sheets and Facebook stalking your new roommate, but about reminding yourself about who you are. In reminding yourself about who you are, you are reinforcing your self-worth and raising your self-esteem for those moments that will fail and succeed in shattering it. I would want my high school senior self to know that your personality and point of views will shift, but let those changes come from your learning experiences and not be shaped by the individuals that try and shame you for keeping what makes you value yourself the most.

The limited available seats in upper level science courses was pretty frustrating. Seniors choose first, then juniors, and so on and so forth, so as a sophomore a lot of the better courses were filled before the opportunity arose for sopohmores to sign up for classes.

Valdosta State is best known for our school spirit. We are very proud to be Blazers.

Dear High School Jessica, Enjoy your life as it is right now. Do not rush things. Be smart when it comes to being in certain situations for you cannot trust everyone who calls you friend. Guard your emotions and your heart and think realistically. Do not procrastinate and always plan ahead. Step out of your comfort zone and try new things and don't be afraid of your voice. Make life long friends and memories and just always enjoy the little things.

There is nothing horrible about Valdosta State, but I wil say that the food could be a little better in the dining hall.

Gregory

Valdosta State University is a great school full of teachers who are very motivated to help you succeed. The enviroment is very friendly and the campus offers a variety of activities daily to get students involved. I would reccomend Valdosta State University to anyone looking for a college that they will enjoy, feel safe in, and graduate with ample knowledge in the field they choose.

When I was in high school, I worked full time and had very little responsibilities. I worked and spent my money as I pleased. If I could go back in time, I would talk some sense into my head about saving money. Going out into the real world and living on your own is not a very easy task. Then having tuition payments and needing things for school can carry a huge burden and load of stress on a student. I would love to be able to take a huge part of my stress away by going back in time and talking myself into saving money. I would also prepare myself for late nights studying, and very early morning class routines. College is not an easy adventure and I would love to be able to go back and use my knowledge now to put some sense into my head back in high school.

I love Valdosta State University. All of the staff members are very helpful. I have yet to find a complaint about the university.

Richard

Nice small campus with some great teachers

Nice small campus with some great teachers

Diverse population, mostly friendly with a relaxed atmosphere.

Some classes need to be revised while others are doing just fine.

Kenyah

Our school has a lot of cliches so tried to get involved as soon as possible.

Our school has a lot of cliches so tried to get involved as soon as possible.

When you come to college, do not just stick to what you know. Get to know everyone and be open about what you see. Make more than one friend, even though she was the best! You want to be able to look back and say you made the best of your college experience and you didn't just survive. Get involved! Don't be afraid to stand out and be original! Stay focus on your studies like you always have but enjoy yourself at the same time. College is about finding yourself. You may think you have time to do what you want in four year but surprisingly, the time goes by in a flash and before you know it, life just is not what you imagined it to be. Keep yourself together! Make good choices about your friends. Do your best to get out of bad situations even when you’re afraid of the consequences because at the end of the day, you make it through! Do what makes you happy and get rid of the things that make you sad. Remember, never apologize for being you.

People who like to party or does not mind putting themselves out there.

great athletics for football, baseball, basketball and soccer.

great athletics for football, baseball, basketball and soccer.

Looking back over time I would tell myself to study more and make school my number one priority. Often times, I got caught up in the social aspect of school and hanging out with my friends, versus focusing on what truly matters. It has been hard on my parents to pay out of pocket for school and I want to make every attempt to make their life easier. It is hard looking back on my mistakes but I know they've made me a more studious student now.

Every person can find a niche at this school. It is made foll all races, all likings and everyone can find something they enjoy about VSU.

Valdosta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.