Valdosta, GA
Valdosta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valdosta State University

If I could go back to high school and give myself some advice I would say: "Take a deep breath! College is going to be great! Imagine yourself in 4 years about to graduate, confident, positive and well prepared. You will be there one day and you will be great! Take all those worries and insecurities about your academics and social life and throw them away. In college you will beable to grow and blossom into who ever you wish to be and how ever you want to. You will be great, just stay condifent and never forget who you are. One more thing, stay grateful, because Mom and Dad are not joking about making you get a job if you start acting spoiled!"

Valdosta State University is a great school to go to, because they have the best teachers here.

If I could go back in time, I would tell myself to get into more clubs and be more active in the community, because you can get more scholarships or grants that way.

The best thing about my school is the scenery. It is so beautiful and it is very peaceful. You can sit out in the front lawn and study. It is just very peaceful outside.

Raquel

There are two very important rules to know before starting college; be sure to learn time management, and get accustomed to freedom. When you stay on campus you are free to do whatever you want, whenever you want, as long as it does not violate school codes. Since you are in control, there are so many things that can be done. Most of which have little importance, unlike homework and studying. It is very easy to get distracted, and procrastinate on your priorities. One think to always keep in mind is the purpose for you attending college, and that is to get an education. Learn to do homework and studying immediately after class has ended. You should review material for at least an hour a day. Two hours or more for your more difficult courses you should not exceed three hours in one sitting. Interact with those who are excelling in your classes and create study groups. Too much studying and not enough studying are not good alternatives. Your school offers time management courses, take them. Advisors are there to help you balance free and occupied time without becoming overwhelmed. Most importantly remember to have fun, and be social.

The campus landscape and the diversity.

Someone who enjoys being in diverse settings, does not mind the heat, and friendly to everyone.

Brae

Valdosta State University is best known for their football team and their academics.

With the knowledge that I have obtained through my college years and if I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself when I was a senior in high school, I would tell myself to work much harder. By working harder, I mean to study more, take the SAT more serious and join academic teams and volunteer with different types of jobs. Anything that you want does not just fall in your lap; you have to work in order to receive it. Like the saying goes ”closed mouths do not get fed” I would tell myself to take it more seriously. I’d also tell myself that there is always time for fun but education must always come first. Start looking for colleges very early and not get discouraged with the outcome. Real life is so much different than life in high school. Financial stability plays a huge part in college years and you would need every amount of free money that is out there. I’d also tell myself to research for many scholarships and grants so that I can have an outlet to pay for my higher education. That’s my advice, so study.

Financial Aid can be very frustrating.

Christian

I think the best thing about Valdosta State University is that it includes a diverse number of people. That showed me that people from other states and countries are different in numerous ways, but all of us strive to make it to the day that we graduate. It makes me want to rise up and strive to accomplish my goals so I may say that I knew I was better than my best.

I would recommend anybody to attend this school unless you wouldn't like to meet new people or to taking your education to another step. I think this school gives you a good feeling and a great start to learning how to live as an adult off at school in another city. It's an excellent place to get an education and to get the skills to progress into your new career.

Mercedes

My school is known for being a very racially diverse school. We are known for our great Nursing program and we are known for our beautiful campus located on the border of Florida which gives us our great weather year round.

I would advise my self to build better study habits my senior year. I would tell myself to begin to be more independent so that when I get to college I'm not as overwhelmed as I was. I would tell myself to join as many clubs and organizations as possible but look into everything I join, before you join it. Do your research. One big thing I would tell myself is to not take on more than I can handle and to always remember what I am there for.

If you are not focused on your education or you believe that this is a school that you can slack off in you should not attend this school. VSU has high academic requirements for its student and if you don't meet them you will have a set number of times you can retake a course. Academic Probation is another technique VSU uses to make sure their students keep their grades up. If you are on academic probation two semesters you will be kicked out of the University. If you do not keep your grades up you should not go.

I feel I have done very well for myself this first year of college. After all I did make the Dean's List for the first time ever in my life. However, If I could have gone back in time to my senior year of high school, there are a few tips I would have told my self. First, I would have warned myself about all the tempting oppurunties to eat unhealthy. There are so many oppurtunities and temptations to eat unhealthy food on a college campus. Sometimes I wish there were more healthy choices. Next, I would have tried to teach myself better time management. When I first got to school, I struggled with time management, and I would find myself doing assignments at the last miunute. As time went on I learned how to better manage my time, and I also learned how precious time actually was. It felt like there were just not enough hours in the day. Lastly, I would tell myself to just do my best and have lot's of fun!

Dont get me wrong, I love my school! However, the town sourrounding the school is very boring, and there isnt much to do. The town of Valdosta is very small, and some will even call it the country. If a prospective students can get past the fact that the town of Valdosta is fairly slow, I'm sure they will love the school! There is lots for students to do on campus, and other students are constantly hosting parties, get togethers, etc.

The classes and professors of Valdosta State University are wonderful! The are very few lecture style classes over 100 people. This makes it easier to develop a more personal relationship with the professor, and thus will enhance the learning. All of the professors I have had thus far at Valdosta State have all been phenomenal!. The teach the subjects very well, and will do whatever they can to ensure the success of their students.

Quiana

The most important advice I would give myself would be to never give up. I would tell myself that there will be a lot of bumps in the road but I cant allow myself to get distracted. I would advise myself to not allow myself to blend in with the wrong crowd because not everyone has your best interest.

Sonjra

when i was a high school senior i was excited because we can have the first desicions on everything, but it was very sad to leave the school and i really do miss high schoool. i was captain since i was a freshman in volleyball and basketball. i earned sports awards such as: MVP, 2nd team all conference in both sports, honarable mention, and athelete of the year. i loved playing sports that was the best time in my high school years. my junior year i was already trying to fill out scholarships and college applications and it was fun. i thought about going off to college and play ball but i decided to go to a closer college first then transfer to another college and then maybe i can start playing sports. college can be very challenging and it can be easy at times, but it is fun all together.

Christian

During my college experience so far I have visited other colleges that I thought about going to and I can honestly say at VSU the campus is a lot cleaner and safer, as well as campus dwelling. At VSU there is a lot more diversity among different cultures and ethnic groups, and the teaching staff is by far more interactive and involved in the well being of the students they teach.

This is something I often ponder about frequently and am enthused about expressing. I would tell myself to go into college open minded and eager with a passion to learn and achieve. You learn something new every day, is an old cliché that will never bite the dust because it is true. Always stay humble because there is always a lesson ready to be taught and it’s up to you to decide which ones are worth listening to. Be exertive and committed to every endeavor that meets the eye and to be dedicated to hard work and determination because it surely will pay off. I would also venture to tell myself to be unrealistic as possible because the possibilities are endless and never sell yourself short, or doubt yourself out of a goal because you think it's unattainable. Last but not least I would tell myself to be conscience about your surrounding and the company that you keep, because being in college you learn there are two types of students; hinderers and believers. There are those who want to see you achieve greatness, and there are those who could care less if you fail with them.

When I tell others about my school, one thing I can vouch for is the social unity and togetherness on campus. The campus is always filled with social gatherings to get students involved and to be more proactive about helping others in need around the community as well as on campus.

Valdosta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.