Valdosta, GA
Valdosta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valdosta State University

Raven

So far in my first year of college, my experience has been fair. On-campus activities are not as fun as I thought they would be. The facilities, such as the library and gym, are really good. More importantly, my education experience have been the best I have ever had. The teachers are always available and my grades have never been better.

margaret

I'm a transfer student and I'm in love with the people and the campus! Its a great school! I'm so happy to be at a university because it allows for more diversity in the people and the degrees that the school offers. The campus is only two hours from the beach which makes for a great weekend get away!

Payton

The campus is beautiful, and the weather is nice all the time. It's rarely cold but there are a lot of gnats around the city. If you love a medium/small sized campus, this is the place for you. While the setting is decent, the dining is something to be wary of. There is a blazer grill, open from about 12-12pm I believe but the service isn't spectacular and the food is typical dining hall food. The main dining hall serves the same food every day and there isn't much variety. It's just not that good. Class size is good and depending on who you get the professors are fine. Campus is about an hour from the Jacksonville beach and 20 minutes from the Florida state line.

Alyssa

My dream college, I hope and pray that I am gifted with the opportunity to attend. I'm interested in the nursing program. And one day of becoming a Nurse Practitioner. I would love to experience the atmosphere at Valdosta State. Looking forward to attending in the future.

Joel

Valdosta State University is a home away from home for me. Everytime I go home I just want to go back. I love this school so much, and there is so much to do in Valdosta with over 200 student groups on campus and an active community in south Georgia. Small class sizes, diverse students, and a stunning campus. The best way to experience VSU is to come visit it for yourself.

Ansley

The type of person who should attend this school is typically not someone accustomed to lots of nightlife. While there are lots of bars and hookah lounges that are nice to hang out at, there isn't much else to do at night.

Patricia

That the school is the best for me . And the rates at this school is very high and has good standards

Tell us about your professors.

Have not met him or her yet.

What are your classes like?

Classes are very flexible.

Describe your school to someone who's never heard of it.

Education is number 1, sports are very good, the Arts are good, the chorus are good.

All races are attending.

Band and chorus. The Arts of big event.

All minorities are attending, yes the stereotype is accurate.

Shaquille

Here at Valdosta State University I'd say we have a diverse group of students. I have classmates who are hardworking and others who are not as motivated. Depending on the subject classes can be full of discussion or not. In general I'd say I have very hard-working classmates with aspirations to do great things.

If I were able to travel back in time to my senior year in high school and talk to myself I would stress the importance of networking and being involved on campus. Valdosta State is a pretty big University, with many oppurtunities to meet people and establish relationships. Without any involvement a campus as big as Valdosta can seem to become very small. My freshman year I had a hard time adjusting because I was always in my room and I didnt seize the oppurtunity to go out and meet people, but during my sophmore year I made an effort to join a few organizations on campus and it had a vast improvement on my college experience. In a gist, college is more than just academics its an oppurtunity for young adults to build long lasting and beneficial relationships with people .

As a first generation college student I wish I had been more informed about the struggles of living on campus. There were many times I found myself hungry because the dining halls would be closed or upset because of how filthy the commnunity restrooms would be.

Nicholas

Valdosta is much more ethinically diverse than many other schools in the state. This dynamic offers a unique enviorment to learn about other cultures and people. This creates a fun and diverse enviorment to learn and develope friends for life that you can't get anywhere else.

I would tell my self and anyone else to follow your heart. Your heart has a funny way of already knowing what it is that you want to do. Success is not defined by how much money you make but is defined by how happy you are and achieving the goals you set for yourself. Just be what you want to be not what every one tells you that you should be. Your career will take up a large part of your life so do what you love and don't settle to you find what you love.

I would say anyone and everyone should attend Valdosta State. You will feel welcomed no matter who you are and you will find a group or organization for you no matter who you are. You will always have a friend here. The only person who shouldn't attend VSU is someone who doesn't want to have a fun a succesful college experience.

I honestly do not think many people know about VSU. The football team has multiple national championships but nobody really knows.

I would tell myself to go into college undeclared, get my core classes out of the way then declare a major. Do not start college with a declared major.

The advisors are the most frustrating thing.

Valdosta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.