Valdosta, GA
Valdosta State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Valdosta State University

Kenyah

Our school has a lot of cliches so tried to get involved as soon as possible.

Our school has a lot of cliches so tried to get involved as soon as possible.

When you come to college, do not just stick to what you know. Get to know everyone and be open about what you see. Make more than one friend, even though she was the best! You want to be able to look back and say you made the best of your college experience and you didn't just survive. Get involved! Don't be afraid to stand out and be original! Stay focus on your studies like you always have but enjoy yourself at the same time. College is about finding yourself. You may think you have time to do what you want in four year but surprisingly, the time goes by in a flash and before you know it, life just is not what you imagined it to be. Keep yourself together! Make good choices about your friends. Do your best to get out of bad situations even when you’re afraid of the consequences because at the end of the day, you make it through! Do what makes you happy and get rid of the things that make you sad. Remember, never apologize for being you.

People who like to party or does not mind putting themselves out there.

great athletics for football, baseball, basketball and soccer.

great athletics for football, baseball, basketball and soccer.

Looking back over time I would tell myself to study more and make school my number one priority. Often times, I got caught up in the social aspect of school and hanging out with my friends, versus focusing on what truly matters. It has been hard on my parents to pay out of pocket for school and I want to make every attempt to make their life easier. It is hard looking back on my mistakes but I know they've made me a more studious student now.

Every person can find a niche at this school. It is made foll all races, all likings and everyone can find something they enjoy about VSU.

Katherine

I would advise myself to go to VSU immediately after high school (instead of going to Georgia College, then transferring). Though I really loved GCSU and I miss it, I would want my high school self to know that VSU is the right choice for my career path. I would also tell my high school self to be super open minded about religion, politics, and many other things because you never know what might change your mind until you are open minded enough to listen to an idea or opinion. Probably one of the most important things I would love to go back and tell myself would be to stop being shy--"Get out there and make friends, ya big dummy!"

The ASL program. It is 1 of 2 in Georgia, and I appreciate that!

I love my friends at my school! I brag about my VSU friends to my high school/other friends!

Alexandra

Diverse, perfect medium sized school. Nothing is over the top, but it's not an insanely small school. Being so close to Florida you get the perks of a beach nearby with Florida weather yet the small hometown southern feel.

I would tell myself not to stress so much. Everything works out exactly how it should in the end! However, I would tell myself to stay focused on dealines and be ahead of the game instead of letting it all pile up.

I wish I had more advice about what classes to pick for freshman year.

Brae

The advice I would give my high school self is to stop being scared. There is a huge world out there with infinite opportunities just waiting for you to experience it. Be more social. Relationships is what makes the world go round. It's also one of the many reasons to be successful in the world. I'd also tell myself to be more confident. Confidence is key. You will fail sometimes but that is okay because you can learn from your mistakes and keep it moving. One last thing I would tell myself is to live life to the fullest. Life is too short to be scared of how things won't go. Life is what you make of it. Don't complain when it's your fault that it's not going the way you want it to be.

Valdosta State's faculty loved their students. They were very interested in their students future and dreams.

The best thing about VSU was the friendships I made while attending. You form great relationships with people that you will consider family.

Rebecca

I'm not sure, but I'd say the front lawn. It's plastered over all of their pamplets and for good reason. The front lawn is a wonderful place to meet new people, to catch some sun or to study.

I would tell myself to learn to be a better money manager as well as time manager. Valdosta State doesn't present too much homework all at once (nor is it all that hard thus far) but if you aren't careful, deadlines can appear out of no where. Don't let your arrogance get to your head. You might be smart, but you're not a genius and college is nothing like high school. You've got more time for yourself but your schedule won't always correspond to what your friends have. Learn to not beg for attention; your friends and family have lives too. Speaking of family, tell them you love them. You might not like them, but you will always love them, and the distance will be hard on all of you.

The best thing about this school is its friendliness. I've met a lot of people in my freshman year and every one of them has welcomed me with open arms. They understand that I'm a shy person and almost always try to contact me to invite me places.

Kiara

The only difference I could say is that it's not a HBCU and it's quiet.

The only difference I could say is that it's not a HBCU and it's quiet.

Listen! College is a great experiene. It's preparing you to enter the adult world of responsiblities. When you get there, you need to focus. Yes you have a sense of freedom, but don't let it go to your head. You will need to apply to every scholarship you are eligible for and find out the schoalrships the school of your choice has to offer. Scholarships add up to a free education and refund checks, if all hasn't been spent. When you get those reimbursements, be wise in your spending. You also need to double major. Having a plan B is always smart. When push comes to shove, find help. Bringing up your GPA is very difficult. Renting textbooks saves you money. Also becomig a social butterfly does too. Knowing how to interact with different individuals will be an advantage in the workplace. Friends come and go, so be careful of who you open up to. Also join clubs and organization. Be careful who you are intimate with. It can cause serious issue that you don't want. Lastly, always have confidence in yourself. Beleive you can do anything. You are beautiful person. Make a difference.

The best thing about VSU was how close everything was. It's in a small town so everything was minutes away. Walking on campus to get to your classes or even riding te shuttle to get to north campus was simple. Also living on campus was great because that's where all the campus activities took place. With my major, American Sign Language, that program was great for that skill set. I enjoyed learning the matrerial.

VSU is a beautiful campus and is a good size.

VSU is a beautiful campus and is a good size.

College is different. AP classes in high school have been extremely beneficial academically, but there are still adjustments every college student has to learn to make. For example, you are now fully responsible for keeping up with assignments, due dates, and tests. That means you now have to check your email and the school website every day, read the entire syllabus frequently throughout the semester, and write down everything you need to remember, including all due dates, in a planner. Professors will not always remind you of those things; you are expected to know already. Because you are entirely responsible, make sure you are doing all you possibly can to stay on top of things! Most importantly though, I would encourage you to invest in new friendships. It is intimidating to be surrounded by so many new people, but developing lifelong relationships will be one of the most rewarding parts of your college experience. Branch out. Talk to people you haven't met. You'll never regret it!

The best thing about VSU is its ideal size.

Kasheria

I knew all of the information before I even applied to this school. I did my research and made sure this school had my intended major and a high graduation rate.

There really isn't anything frustrating about the school itself. The classes may be challenging, but it only will affect you if you let it.

Zenobia

I would tell myself to be flexible and realistic. My senior year in highschool my top 3 school choices were Princeton, UGA, and Howard University in DC. The problem wasn't that I wasn't smart enough to get in, the issue was money. I had no idea the amount of money it would take to get me into school, and had I looked more into the financial side of my choices, I probably would have been able to plan accordingly. Unfortunately, not knowing the amount of money it would take, I was not able to attend Howard, the only school of the three I had planned to attend. I ended up at a school that I vowed I would never go to, and transferred to Valdosta this year. I definitely think I would be in a much better position today if I knew more about college and finances as a high school senior.

It is very diverse, and has a beautiful campus.

I wish I had known that it does actually get cold in Valdosta, despite its proximity to the Fla-Ga line

Valdosta State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.