Orlando, FL

Valencia College

« See more reviews of Valencia College

Asking me to describe my classmates strikes me as a relatively bleak request, because this notion places me in a situation in which I'm supposed to paint a portrait--characterizing a group of individuals, each with their own lives, without any of the knowledge necessary to provide a loyal description of who these people are. My point is that i cannot possibly deliver an honest description of any of my classmates, nor do i have the right to do so. I could lie about these people, with the intent of constructing the illusion that I am greater than them.

My classmates are very infiltrated. They are all shapes, sizes, and ethnicities. Their ages range from 17 (dual enrollment) to as old as 30 years old. There are men and women. But the best thing about them is not their physical appearances, but their personalities. My classmates have very joyful sense of humors, we all can joke about an incident the teacher caused and still make sense of the day's lesson. My classmates are what keep the classroom feeling at ease, and most of all very comfortable.

My classmates are ready or prepared to learn new things in our classroom. All of us are hardworking aiming to get a good grade in class. Succession to pass our classes is a good key to know that we would leave our professor with a smile on his or her face and to be proud on students that are progressing well in class. Aiming higher to reach our purpose in life just to graduate from college and have a successful career is a dream come true. My classmates are also friendly, nice, and studious.

My classmates are a melting pot of racial, ethnic, and age. It makes for a great learning environment. You often get first hand knowledge of places you are studying from your classmates. It also exposes you to cultures most students may never experience. As for the age differences, I think that is remarkable. I am 40 years old and I an attending classes with students as young as 17 and as old as 58. It is amazing to witness how much age affects our perspective of different issues.

My classmates are mainly kids that couldnt get into a university or decided to stay local or couldnt afford better more reputable schools. They usually have no idea what they are going to do with their own lives, yet when it comes to other people they become the ultimate know-it-all. Most of them keep to themselves and are worried about the same things everyone worries about, but they think it is just them that is worried. Everyone is in the same boat.

This semester, I opted for online classes to better fit my hectic schedule. So far, everyone has shown their common interest in school and willingness to learn by interacting in Valencia's virtual school. We are all trying to achieve the same goal: success; and it shows in the way the students participate in class. Online or on-campus, my classmates are always exchanging ideas, goals and pieces of wisdom in a combined hope to make it in the workforce.

Most of my classmates take their schoolwork seriously and expected to succeed. All of the professors in VCC give each student an oppotunity to succeed, and each student is aware of that. Most of my classmates are working either part-time or full-time and are attending school either part-time or full-time. Because many of my classmates work as they attend college, it shows how hard VCC students work towards obtaining their Associate degrees.

Most of my classmates are highly into what the professor is teaching and is willing to go the extra mile to succeed.They are also very helpful to others when someone doesnt understand something or needs a little extra help after class they are there to help that person out.My group of classmates and very close friends and we keep in touch and make sure everyone is on track as well.

My classmates include the following: students who did not get accepted into a university, students who could not afford to attend a university, students who like smaller class sizes, students who thought it would be better for them to start at a community college, students who only need an A.S. degree, students who weren't sure of what they wanted to major in.

My classmates are an eclectic mix that stretches from dual enrolled high school students all the way to adults who have had their masters degree for years and decided to change their career. They can be loud and obnoxious or suprisingly studious and insightful. Either way, I'm going to miss them when I graduate.