Orlando, FL

Valencia College

« See more reviews of Valencia College

Well, first off, I attended Embry Riddle Aeronautical University my first year of college. Which is a provate university, however, it was way too expensive to continue my education there. So, by much persuasion I decided to attend Valencia Community College because it was way cheaper. Comparing the two schools, I really do not see much of a difference. Valencia has many professors that worked in the chosen career field. An example of this, is that all my professors at Valencia were either in the Criminal Justice Field or still are. Some teachers are prosecutors while others are detectives/police.

Valencia Community College provides a huge variety of online classes. However, unlike other schools, their online classes are challenging and you still learn as much as you would inside a classroom. Also, they do not specify if your class was made online or in the classroom, so you get the same credit and the same education, but at the confort of your house and at your on time. This is perfect for anyone from full time working students to students that are parents and could use the schedule flexibility.

I never really comapred any other schools except valencia but I believe what makes Valencia unique is that is has so many campuses in Orlando. Most commuity college's only have one campus but Valencia has the West, East, Winter Park, and Osceaola campuses. This gives students like myself a more broader range of classes to attend and a campus close to your home anywhere in Orlando. I hope UCF will be as nice of an experience as Valencia has been.

Although Valencia is a community collge, its a unique school also. Valencia is a school of self- discovery, following a road map to succeed in life and following the journey to reach a destination in life of a successful career. This school really helps you stay on track with what you need to do and helps prepare you for a transfer to a university with programs of the direct connect that gaurantes acceptance into a university.

Valencia Community really practices what they preach. They keep the classes very small and personal, which is very important in college. They give you a much better experience for your first two years than other big unniversities do because the first two year's courses aren't weed out courses. Its actual learning and i think it is a very productive way to spend your first two years of college.

What is unique about valencia is their communication. There is so many ways to get help from someone. You have advisors for specific classes and then you have online help and even classmates. Other schools i considered were 4 year schools and not only cost for help but it threw you in a place most students werent ready for. Here at valencia its a great start.

Valenica provides me several things such as convenience. There are many campuses located through out orlando one being down the street from my house. The Class Structure is superior by utilizing smaller class sizes it promotes an optimal class room for learning. Their tutoring centers provide some of the best help I have ever had in all subjects.

The enviroment is is friendlier and the faculty are willing to help you and its not just teacher is over the student and not communication, but the students can freely and openly go to the professors or any faculty and staff. There always there, and the best thing is they put themselves in your shoes and know where you are coming from.

What makes my school different is that the class sizes are smaller so you arent just a number behind a desk but instead a person and the professor can relate more to each student since there arent so many and be able to lend help to everyone as well or even help a group of people at a time out of class.

Valencia's Graphic Design Technology program is above par, and has some of the best staff in the area. I wouldn't have choose another school. They prepair you for your next step in your educational journey. Whether it is to go on to a four year school such as I or are starting your career.