Orlando, FL

Valencia College

« See more reviews of Valencia College

I consider the worst thing about my school is that there are students there who do not care what they do. Its a Community College, no one expects Community College students to do anything with thier lives. I know that is kind of sad, but that is the mind set of many employers. If you had a student who completed two years of Community College then went on to a University, then had a student who went to a private college all four years, who do you think they will pick? Bingo! I'll go with the private college student.

One thing I dislike at Valencia Community College is the way lab classes are set up. For many other schools, a class is taught and the lab is standardized in order to make the schedule more flexible for the students. At Valencia, if a student were to select a teacher, the student must attend the teacher's specific lab. This may seem silly, but when juggling three or four lab-classes it gets very complex trying integrate each classes's schedule.

Honestly, the only worst thing about college in general is that it's expensive. I think they should offer students more financial aid. because theirs actual students that want to go to college but can't because of school tuition being so high. Also I think Valencia should offer more scholarships to help pay for education. These days without an education your nothing. A college degree helps you succeed in life.

I would have to say the financial aid system. During the course of the 2012-2013 school year, I had two family members pass away. At that point in time I was paying for my classes out of pocket. After my uncle died on September 26, 2012 from stage four colon cancer and two days later my dad comitting suicide, I stopped going to school out of grief. When I decided to return, my financial aid was denied.

The thing that I consider the worst about my school is that it seems as though communication between the school and students is not very strong. Sometimes it seems like the school emails students about upcoming events or deadlines only a day or two before they come up. This makes it very difficult as a student to schedule these things in so that you are prepared for them.

The worst thing I consider about my school would be it's accesible materials. Currently, there are only around five usable printers for the students in the campus, few books to rent from the library, and barely any class materials such as scientific calculators that are provided for us.

I think they should fix the way students register for classes, because it is somewhat hard. I was used to a better system. Another thing I did not like from this college was that most of the time they did not have classes open on my nearest campus, only at the main campus.

The parking has got to be the worst thing about Valencia. The lots are always full and in the Florida heat a good parking spot can keep you dry from both the rain and sweat. If you have a class anywhere in between 10 AM and 3PM be prepared to walk a good distance.

My only problem with the school was that they didn't have much going on on campus. I'm pretty sure this is just the way that community colleges are but it would be nice to have had more campus events and groups to make the students feel more united on campus.

the worst thing about my school is the traffic along with the parking. The amount of student to parking ratio is not so good. and where the school is located isn't in my opinion the best . it get's rediculously congested as far as traffic goes.